New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 6 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
the G-man
Commodore

Archie...zombies...?!?

Did April 1 come early this year?
  • Archie Comics, the leading mass market comic book publisher in the world and home to some of the most recognizable pop culture characters, is proud to announce a brand new ongoing series being added to Archie’s line-up entitled: AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE.

What if the zombie apocalypse began in Riverdale? This horror-infused comic answers that question when it kicks off in late 2013, spearheaded by one of Hollywood’s hottest writers, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who will be fresh off the high profile crossover, ARCHIE MEETS GLEE.

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE will provide readers with zombie-filled mayhem like only Archie can, taking the Riverdale gang where they’ve never been before – to the grave and back.

In addition to his Archie credits, Aguirre-Sacasa has made a name for himself in the world of television (writer/producer on GLEE), Broadway musicals (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark), and movies, penning the remake of Stephen King’s Carrie, which premieres this fall.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Re: Archie...zombies...?!?

Seems legit to me. I mean, if I were to ever meet the cast of Glee, I'd probably wind up as a brain-dead zombie, too. Or at least I'd be wishing I was, anyway.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 04:14 PM   #3
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

I would buy this in a heartbeat... I loved Archie Comics when I was a kid and it's just too kitchy not to want to have...
Old March 6 2013, 05:13 PM   #4
cylkoth
Commodore

Just have Sabrina zap everyone back to normal...

Old March 6 2013, 06:14 PM   #5
billcosby
Commodore

Archie Afterlife sounds hilarious and awesome!
Archie meets Glee sounds.... exactly as it sounds. How are they going to sing on paper?

Last edited by billcosby; March 6 2013 at 06:31 PM.
billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

This isn't the first time Archie Comics has married Riverdale to the supernatural. The original run of Life With Archie ran supernatural-themed stories, and there was Archie's Weird Mysteries a decade ago. Or the recent "Archie meets KISS" storyline, even.

Oh, and "Archie Meets Glee" is basically a Crisis on Infinite Earths-type story. Archie-Earth and Glee-Earth are like Earth-1 and Earth-2, the characters swap worlds, and if they can't be separated the multiverse will collapse. Yes, that's even more batshit insane conceptually than the title would suggest.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 08:04 PM   #7
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Oh, and "Archie Meets Glee" is basically a Crisis on Infinite Earths-type story. Archie-Earth and Glee-Earth are like Earth-1 and Earth-2, the characters swap worlds, and if they can't be separated the multiverse will collapse. Yes, that's even more batshit insane conceptually than the title would suggest.
So...who was the bigger bitch, Sue Sylvester or Veronica Lodge?

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
So...who was the bigger bitch, Sue Sylvester or Veronica Lodge?
I have no idea, I'm not reading it. I'm just going on what's in Previews.

Come to think of it, it also sounds a bit like Deathmate, with Betty and one of the Glee kids finding true love with each other, a true love that will destroy two universes.

Ah, Deathmate. The 90s were great, weren't they?

allyngibson.net
Old March 6 2013, 11:05 PM   #9
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Archie meets KISS? What happened? Gene shows up at Archie's house, eats through his pantry and then sleeps with Betty? Geez!!
Old March 6 2013, 11:09 PM   #10
Davros
Fleet Admiral

It's hard to top Archie meets the Punisher.
Old March 6 2013, 11:48 PM   #11
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

marillion wrote: View Post
Archie meets KISS? What happened? Gene shows up at Archie's house, eats through his pantry and then sleeps with Betty? Geez!!
No, Sabrina the Teenage Witch cast a spell that opened up a portal to Hell and brought demons in Riverdale. At the same time, KISS was playing a concert in Riverdale, so the Archie gang and KISS teamed up to close the portal to hell and defeat the demons.

I think that's how it goes. That's what a coworker of mine told me.

allyngibson.net
Old March 6 2013, 11:51 PM   #12
EnsignRicky
Commodore

I hope this is better than Archie Versus Predator.
Old March 7 2013, 10:23 PM   #13
the G-man
Commodore

marillion wrote: View Post
No, Sabrina the Teenage Witch cast a spell that opened up a portal to Hell and brought demons in Riverdale. At the same time, KISS was playing a concert in Riverdale, so the Archie gang and KISS teamed up to close the portal to hell and defeat the demons.

I think that's how it goes. That's what a coworker of mine told me.
That sounds like something that they'd come with on Family Guy as a joke.
Old August 7 2013, 08:08 PM   #14
the G-man
Commodore

PREVIEW: AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #1
  • Be the first to witness the beginning of the end of the world with this early look at AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE. Acclaimed Harvey Award-winning writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's (Stephen King's Carrie) jaw-dropping script comes to undead life with the help of Eisner award-winning artist Francesco Francavilla (Guardians of the Galaxy) who deftly injects horror and fear into the once idyllic, safe town of Riverdale.

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE hits comic shops Oct. 9 and will be Archie's first direct market only, NOT for all ages, horror title.

Artwork at the link above. Apparently, they've done this with "realistic" artwork, not the usual Dan DiCarlo type stuff. Which to me is a bit of letdown. If you are going to do Archie Zombies and draw them as, basically, generic comic book people it sort of deflates the point of using Archie, et al.
Old August 7 2013, 10:49 PM   #15
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I agree. If this were done in the Archie house-style, I'd probably buy it.