Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 4 2013, 03:07 PM   #16
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: Nolan now in total control, and Bale will return as Bats

We can get a good indication as to whether this is something Christopher Nolan is likely to do by looking at the things he's done in the past, and everything he's done up to now says that this kind of arrangement happening is extremely unlikely.

Even if WB were somehow able to get Nolan to change his mind and be an 'overseer', there's not a snowball's chance in **** that he'd agree to retcon the ending of TDKR; that's just not how he operates.
Old March 4 2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Dream
Admiral

I wouldn't have been more impressed if it was:

"Joss Whedon now in total control, and Adam West will return as Bats".
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 03:59 PM   #18
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Batman's already back: he's in Bradford.
Old March 4 2013, 04:05 PM   #19
ITElf
Vice Admiral

Deckerd wrote: View Post
Batman's already back: he's in Bradford.
It knowing that he disappeared into the night that makes him a true superhero. Normal people just bugger off.
Old March 4 2013, 04:44 PM   #20
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

If these rumors are true, WB probably offered Warners.. a lot of money to manage their heroes!
Old March 4 2013, 07:43 PM   #21
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
If these rumors are true, WB probably offered Warners.. a lot of money to manage their heroes!
How does that work?
Old March 4 2013, 08:05 PM   #22
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Typo: I meant Nolan
Old March 4 2013, 08:15 PM   #23
Aragorn
Admiral

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
How does that work?
The same way ABC acquires the rights to Disney characters for Once Upon a Time?
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 08:33 PM   #24
kirk55555
Commodore

I hope this is false. I HATE Nolan, he needs to stay away from JL. Does DC really need to keep up having the worst live action superhero movies? I mean, they can't beat Marvel with live action movies (They do, however, usually beat them in animation). It probably has to do with Warner brothers being run my semi-intelligent crabs. Still, they could, in theory, have good live action movies, they just need to stop using Nolan.

It would kind of make sense, though. While DC has some awesome characters, and has previously had some awesome comics, recently the quality of their comics has sucked, as has their live action movies. So, if this rumor is true, while Marvel gets great actors, great writers, and the awesome Joss Whedon to do their team up movie (after releasing a bunch of awesome live action movies to set up a universe for the team up movie) DC would get a horrible director and a horrible actor to take part in a movie that may or may not be connected to a few mediocre to horrible movies. So, I guess this wpould be their way of keeping the status quo of being much worse than Marvel in the quality of their products.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 08:41 PM   #25
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

^ Well, I was a little leery about this at first, but if you hate it that proves we're on the right track. If this is true, the best of luck to you Nolan.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 08:50 PM   #26
kirk55555
Commodore

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
^ Well, I was a little leery about this at first, but if you hate it that proves we're on the right track. If this is true, the best of luck to you Nolan.

Well, if thats how you judge if something is good or not, here are some other movies I don't like:

Goodburger
Catwoman
Transformers 2
Ang Lee's Hulk
Meet the Spartans
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer
Star Trek Insurrection
Mega Shark vs. giant Octopus
Inspector Gadget 1 & 2
Pearl Harbor

Now if you need something to watch, by your reasoning I've just given you a list of movies that you'd probably find amazing. You're welcome
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 09:32 PM   #27
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I hope this is false. I HATE Nolan,
"Hate" would be too strong a word for me, but I am not a big fan of Nolan's Batman movies. The third one was the "best" of the three, IMO.

That he may be involved in a JL movie, which raises the possibility that Christian Bale will reprise the "lisping fake voice" Chrusader, is a real downer for me. And just like the Avengers put it's most popular and well acted character, Iron Man, out front, so likely will a JL movie put DC's most popular character out front. That means a whole crap load of the charisma challenged Bale.

Only two hopes here for me; that the story is not true, or if it is, that the upcoming Man of Steel is a huge hit, which might mean more Supes and less Bale - oh, I just remembered...nevermind.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 10:03 PM   #28
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Plot: Blake dies or become incapacitated either as Bats or in some other way... Some JLA related crisis, well suited to Batman's talents arises... Alfred connects with Bruce while he and Ms. Kyle are floating on a sailboat somewhere... They begrudgingly return to Gotham...

Nolan/Bale... LOTS and LOTS of money... Simple...
Old March 4 2013, 11:00 PM   #29
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I hope this is false. I HATE Nolan, he needs to stay away from JL. Does DC really need to keep up having the worst live action superhero movies? I mean, they can't beat Marvel with live action movies (They do, however, usually beat them in animation). It probably has to do with Warner brothers being run my semi-intelligent crabs. Still, they could, in theory, have good live action movies, they just need to stop using Nolan.

It would kind of make sense, though. While DC has some awesome characters, and has previously had some awesome comics, recently the quality of their comics has sucked, as has their live action movies. So, if this rumor is true, while Marvel gets great actors, great writers, and the awesome Joss Whedon to do their team up movie (after releasing a bunch of awesome live action movies to set up a universe for the team up movie) DC would get a horrible director and a horrible actor to take part in a movie that may or may not be connected to a few mediocre to horrible movies. So, I guess this wpould be their way of keeping the status quo of being much worse than Marvel in the quality of their products.
Yeah well.. the public and the critics disagree with you.

So there you go.. not everybody likes Nolan and he's not a popcorn and soda type of flashy director who writes humor and action effortlessly like Whedon but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

As i said earlier Nolan is different and if he makes something to the level of his Batman movies i'll be very excited to see it. Flash, action and humor i've got plenty by seeing Marvel movies.. something different is very good.
Old March 4 2013, 11:05 PM   #30
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I'm not believing it until I see an official press release from Warner Bros. If I do see that, I'll be incredibly disappointed that they think there's no way to make a good Justice League movie without tying it to the Nolan trilogy. It's like they noticed all of the money that Avengers made, but didn't notice a single thing about why it was successful.