Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 14 2013, 09:16 PM   #46
Redfern
Commodore

Re: Godzilla 2014: Rumors, Pix and filming

Gojira wrote: View Post
Godzilla starts filming today in Vancouver!!!
I have to smile at the seeming irony of that announcement. Godzilla and Vancouver just don't sound like words that should be grouped within the same sentence.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 09:19 PM   #47
Christopher
Writer

Redfern wrote: View Post
Godzilla and Vancouver just don't sound like words that should be grouped within the same sentence.
I'm sure the people of Vancouver will feel the same way once he's done with their city...

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 09:32 PM   #48
lurok
Commodore

Would be fun to see some of the Vancouver SF/F regulars: Heyerdahl, Robbins et al. And if go mo-cap, please give Godzilla some personality
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14 2013, 09:35 PM   #49
Christopher
Writer

lurok wrote: View Post
Would be fun to see some of the Vancouver SF/F regulars: Heyerdahl, Robbins et al. And if go mo-cap, please give Godzilla some personality
Let's do both at once! "And Starring Mike Dopud as Godzilla!"

Old March 17 2013, 12:34 AM   #50
Gojira
Commodore

Here is Aaron Perry Taylor-Johnsonwith his new military hair cut ready to start filming Godzilla.

Old March 18 2013, 04:41 PM   #51
Gojira
Commodore

Comingsoon.net is reporting the following…

Canada.com has revealed that the production for the remake of Godzilla has found a home and it’s in the city of Nanaimo in British Columbia. Here are the details they’ve revealed:
Gareth Edward’s sci-fi reboot of the city-destroying Godzilla is being filmed across Vancouver Island this March, from Nanaimo’s Old Victoria Road to Ladysmith and Shawnigan Lake. More than 300 crew members are expected to land in the Harbour City for the eight-day central Island shoot and have pledged to use local extras, staff and equipment.
The film, whose working title is Nautilus, did a casting call in February for extras and recently notified residents along Old Victoria Road that filming is about to begin. Joan Miller, the North Island film commissioner, says Vancouver Island will make up the first shots for the new take on the legendary radioactive monster, which is set to hit theatres next year. Crews will stay in Nanaimo hotels for three days while they shoot the scenes downtown and Ladysmith area before they move onto Shawnigan Lake.
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...q4HfhlsW6li.99
Old March 18 2013, 07:24 PM   #52
Gojira
Commodore

More info released today...

Caleb Pierce
Hot off the presses

WARNER BROS. PICTURES AND LEGENDARY PICTURES ANNOUNCE CAST AND START OF PRODUCTION FOR “GODZILLA”
BURBANK, CA, March 18, 2013 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today the final principal cast for the upcoming tent pole “Godzilla.” Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, and Juliette Binoche are starring in the film, with David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston.

The companies also announced that principal photogr...aphy began today on location in Vancouver.

Gareth Edwards is directing the film from a screenplay by Max Borenstein, Frank Darabont and Dave Callaham. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Alex Garcia and Patricia Whitcher are serving as executive producers alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira.

A presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, “Godzilla” will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.

Slated to open on May 16, 2014, the film is expected to be presented in 3D.
Old March 18 2013, 08:04 PM   #53
JD
Admiral

I don't understand why the would announce the title they are using while filming. I thought the whole point of the alternate title was so no one knew what they were filming.
Old March 18 2013, 08:16 PM   #54
Gojira
Commodore

JD wrote: View Post
I don't understand why the would announce the title they are using while filming. I thought the whole point of the alternate title was so no one knew what they were filming.
I know! Very strange. Maybe they want the publicity?
Old March 19 2013, 11:44 PM   #55
Gojira
Commodore

a couple of pictures from the set...

Old March 19 2013, 11:47 PM   #56
Gojira
Commodore

http://youtu.be/AMe-KUPCsV4

a message from Gareth Edwards
Old March 20 2013, 12:04 AM   #57
JD
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I know! Very strange. Maybe they want the publicity?
But if they want publicity why would they use a different name?
Old March 20 2013, 02:59 AM   #58
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Someone might have just figured out that Nautilus is Godzilla and report on it. It's like when gaming consoles have code names, but everyone figures out what they mean anyways.
Old March 22 2013, 04:40 PM   #59
Gojira
Commodore

Richard T. Jones has joined the cast of Godzilla. Here is a list of the rest of the major cast.

Juliette Binoche
Bryan Cranston
Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Elizabeth Olsen
David Strathairn
Ken Watanabe

I don't know if they will be casting any more people. I cannot remember reading about movies that cast actors so late in the production!
Old March 22 2013, 05:09 PM   #60
Christopher
Writer

I cannot remember reading about movies that cast actors so late in the production!
I don't think it's that uncommon. After all, it can take months to shoot a film, so you don't necessarily need to cast a role before shooting if you won't be filming their scenes until later in the process.

There have, of course, been cases when a role was recast shortly after shooting began, like Hugh Jackman replacing Dougray Scott as Wolverine and Viggo Mortenson replacing Stuart Townsend as Aragorn.