TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

View Poll Results: Favorite Era?
ENT 6 5.50%
Pre-TOS 14 12.84%
TOS 58 53.21%
TMP 43 39.45%
Lost Era 14 12.84%
Next Gen 19 17.43%
Next Gen (DS9) 14 12.84%
Next Gen (Voyager) 13 11.93%
TNG Movies 11 10.09%
Post NEM 13 11.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 16 2013, 03:52 PM   #166
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Greg's Trek Ships and Things

Something I had to get out of my head. Need to find a way to make the cockpit look good.

Old October 17 2013, 07:02 AM   #167
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Had to reposition the engine pods as the overall width of the vessel was more than I wanted. Named each one as well (after browsing for farmer names). Need to start the interior and adjust the textures so it's not all one solid color.
Old October 18 2013, 09:12 PM   #168
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Some random concepts that I drew while at was Ft. Leavenworth that I roughed out a bit.
Old October 21 2013, 04:22 PM   #169
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

After a serious reevaluation, I decided to build the model from the inside out, similar to what Havoc is currently doing with the TOS Enterprise (although he built opposite of what I'm doing). Building it this way will allow me to make sure what I want on this ship fits appropriately. The top decks and rim decks have their outer braces in place, while the bottom decks still need to be done. The 6 cylinders sticking up from the top will denote access hatches to the outer hull of the ship. Only the rim decks and deck 2 have windows. The saucer is wider than the Constitution, but not as high because the top bulge has only 2 decks compared to the Constitution's 3 decks. Deck 3 (between the bottom of the bulge and the top of the rim decks) has its basic interior mapped out. Although its hard to tell here, there are tubes spaced out evenly among the braces; those will be part of the deflector/shield system.
Old October 21 2013, 11:50 PM   #170
publiusr
Rear Admiral

With that Bevel edge to the saucer, I can see one of your bobcats docking to its side...
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 02:38 PM   #171
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Was a little worried my bridge wouldn't fit, but it seems that won't be a problem. Glad I build everything to real world scale (meters).

Roughed out how I think the torpedo launcher should work. I wanted it to largely automated with 12 preloaded torpedoes, with a belt fed system to keep the wheel loaded. The two inner rings rotate the torpedoes and also brace them against the outer two rings, which don't rotate and are only there for support (no one wants to play 52 torpedo pickup, now do we?). It does happen to cut into the deck above it, but that is not a problem.
Old October 23 2013, 05:08 PM   #172
sojourner
Admiral

That pyramid ship is going to get a lot of Stargate comparisons.
Old October 24 2013, 03:08 AM   #173
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

sojourner wrote: View Post
That pyramid ship is going to get a lot of Stargate comparisons.
I only watched Atlantis. SG-1 never interested me.

The Renegade's new sensor dome.
Old October 26 2013, 02:39 AM   #174
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Started to think about my old Uprising story and thinking about bringing it back along with my Black Guard story. For those who don't know, Uprising takes place between "The Best of Both Worlds" and "Star Trek First Contact" and is from the perspective of a Borg drone. As you can guess writing it from the drone's perspective is a pain in the mechanical ass, especially when the only emotions come from other characters encountering the Borg. Ignore misspellings and grammar errors; I'm a little rusty.

Old October 26 2013, 11:06 PM   #175
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

And something slightly different:
Old October 29 2013, 07:46 AM   #176
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Something I have been working on for a few hours. The cannon needs to be fixed, the lower left piece I pretty sure is not accurate, and the window canopy needs to be finished. I avoided doing the text on the studs as that seemed redundant.
Old November 1 2013, 10:19 AM   #177
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

Got a little done, not much.
Old November 5 2013, 01:24 AM   #178
publiusr
Rear Admiral

Nice framework so far!
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8 2013, 02:12 AM   #179
STRenegade
Lieutenant Commander

My concept for the Renegade corridors. shapes are not final. Hallway is wider than I originally planned but that's okay. On another note I had to rebuild the entire saucer skeletal structure because I mucked up the measurements a bit.
Old November 8 2013, 05:28 AM   #180
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Familiar, yet different. I like it! Although it looks like the mannequin is just about the same height as the door, unless that's an optical illusion.