Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old November 23 2013, 09:13 PM   #421
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Voyager again, for the first time

Seriously though, couldn't B'Elanna has jail breaked easy? Just thought her captors asleep and dead.

hell.

If she could think a murder, why couldn't she think her innocence?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2013, 12:48 PM   #422
NightJim
Commander

View NightJim's Twitter Profile

Managed to squeeze another in.

Concerning Flight

Love the premise, super sophisticated transporters used for stealing. The idea that the Doctor's holo-projetor was stolen and used on a normal holo-program was nice, and the rest of the episode was just rather neat but nothing too exciting.

Plus another example of Harry Kim, the man who manages to cock block himself.
NightJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2013, 12:17 AM   #423
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You're not pissed off about Requiem for Methuselah?

Jim Kirk met Leonardo DiaVnchi.

How hard would it have been for Janeway to bump into the real Leonardo DaVnichi while looking for the holographic Leonardo DaVinchi?

Old November 26 2013, 09:36 AM   #424
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Since the OP has posted about Random Thoughts and Concerning Flight, I'll do likewise.

Random Thoughts
This episode reminded me of equal parts Ex Post Facto, Remember, and Necessary Evil, with a little bit of Babylon 5 and BSG flavor tossed in as well.

The concept of a society in which thought is actually policed isn't one I can remember seeing in Sci-Fi before, although it WAS fairly predictable that all wasn't going to be as 'sunny' as it was made out to be.

Concerning Flight
I really liked this episode, which reminded me very much of the kind of stories that Babylon 5 often told. It was neat getting to see the Leonardo Davinci hologram again, and although I've seen reviews of the episode criticizing how 'casually sentient' he's written as being, the way he was written didn't strike me as being much different than how Vic Fontaine was written on DS9.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2013, 10:01 AM   #425
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Leonardo's flying machine was a helicopter.

Okay...

http://www.google.co.nz/images?q=daV...A&ved=0CCEQsAQ

There's a glider too.

But the helicopter would have been cooler.

Old November 26 2013, 12:13 PM   #426
NightJim
Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
You're not pissed off about Requiem for Methuselah?

Jim Kirk met Leonardo DiaVnchi.

How hard would it have been for Janeway to bump into the real Leonardo DaVnichi while looking for the holographic Leonardo DaVinchi?
I've not seen that much TOS. I know. Sacrilegious. It's on my list, but considering how long Voyager is taking...

Though YouTube threw Mirror, Mirror at me the other day (Which I hadn't seen before) so if there's more I might catch one every now and again if and when I stumble across any.
Old November 26 2013, 01:16 PM   #427
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Mirror Mirror is the best MU ep IMO. And a great TOS ep

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 11:00 PM   #428
NightJim
Commander

It was really good.

Oh and I watched Mortal Coil

An Interesting concept, how to tackle a lose of faith in a show that is set when humanity has moved past that. Well, except for Chakotay, so he gets a fair airing this episode along with his 'faith music'. Though he's a bit bloody heartless to start with. "Sure Neelix, you can help me, while I rewatch your death. I'm sure you'll love that."

Good Neelix episode. I wonder if they trot these out once a season to remind us he's not quite as annoying as we think.

What about Seven's death cure though? We know have the ability to bring someone back before 72 hours. Isn't that going to cause a few problems story telling wise a bit further down the road?
Old November 29 2013, 11:40 PM   #429
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It depends on how they die.

And really the entire crew would have been asked if they want to be part Borg for a few months until they are entirely over their death.

Wavers and DNRs would be signed in triplicate and notarized to see that this did or did not happen for each crewman facing the dark side of death's backside later on at some point.

Joe Carey obviously signed a DNR, which is Why the Admiral did not go back in time another 2 weeks to save him.

Old November 30 2013, 09:53 AM   #430
NightJim
Commander

True, that plasma bolt just sort of fried his brain tissue, I guess it wouldn't do much for a phaser burn through the chest.
Old December 2 2013, 10:26 AM   #431
NightJim
Commander

Waking Moments

A decent invasion story, being attacked through their dreams. Though I couldn't actually work out what the aliens plans were. Keep them asleep till they die? Then what?

The 'ticking clock' aspect at the end was a little forced though. Chakotay had to do something to stop them right there and then, why? What was stopping the Doctor making another Red Bull injection? For that matter why couldn't the Doctor just go down to the planet, it was written as if that just wasn't a possibility, as if the writer didn't get the memo that that particular restriction was removed two years ago.

Love the Janeway standing in front of an exploding warp core to test her hypothesis.

More Harry being rubbish around Seven. At least Garrett Wang actually got to make out with her for once.

Roxann Biggs pregnancy is obviously in full effect now, with that weird jacket coming in, and I can't count the times she positioned herself with back to the camera or something in the way. I especially like the scene where they try to photofit the alien and she leaning on a chair back.
Old December 2 2013, 05:18 PM   #432
AgentCoop
Captain

View AgentCoop's Twitter Profile

Weird jacket? What do you mean? It's a perfectly standard Starfleet crew garment that we've never seen anyone else wear. Ever.

You can tell it's official. It has pens and things sticking out of the pocket.
And the second penguin said "Maybe I am..."
AgentCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2013, 07:17 PM   #433
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She was just holding in a fart for 9 months.

Old December 3 2013, 04:04 PM   #434
NightJim
Commander

With most of the shows I keep up to date on taking a break, it seems I had a good run to keep going on Voyager. Meaning I watched Message in a Bottle last night.

This is the second time I've gone in thinking it would be a different episode, the first time being the one with Eye of the Needle in season 1. Interestingly enough both star Romulans.

The episode I remember is the one Janeway finds out that Mark has moved on, which isn't this one. This one is the Doctor taking a trip to the Alpha Quadrant, meeting the replacement EMH and stopping a bunch of Romulans stealing a prototype ship.

I find the Prometheus to be an interesting ship. One built around the same idea of the Galaxy's saucer separation, but more battle orientated then the "let's drop the civilains off" from TNG. I always loved saucer separation was annoyed that the budget wouldn't stretch to doing it that often.

The two EMH's are fantastic together. The whole Andy Dick thing is wasted on me because he's just an unknown over here, but at least they're funny, and this episode ends up being pretty lighthearted despite it being another hijacked ship.

Also regarding Janeway and Chakotay getting it on back in the end of Season 2. The way she says she's writing to Mark, there's an almost apology in her voice. She pauses between her family and him. It may never be stated but I'm even more convinced it's an unwritten part of Voyager that they had a short term thing when they were off the ship.

Hello Hirogen, I barely remember you. Judging by the titles of the next two episodes I'm going to be reminded though.
Old December 4 2013, 06:45 AM   #435
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

My thoughts on Mortal Coil, Message in a Bottle, and Waking Moments.

Mortal Coil
This episode is really the 'sequel' of sorts to both Sacred Ground and Coda from Season 3, and gives us some additional nuances to Neelix's character, which, as a fan of his, I really liked. I also liked getting to see both Samantha and Naomi again, and thought the decision to have Naomi be the reason Neelix chose not to kill himself.

Message in a Bottle
This is one of the few episodes of Season 4 that wasn't new to me, but I enjoyed it even more this time around than I did the first time I watched it. Robert Picardo and Andy Dick really play well off of each other, and it's fun getting to see them work together to outsmart the Romulans. I also like the way the writers introduced us to the Hirogen.

Waking Moments
I really liked this episode; it reminded me of several of my favorite episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, namely Nightmares (Buffy S1), Fear, Itself, Where the Wild Things Are, and Restless (Buffy S4), and Life of the Party (Angel S5), and the idea of aliens attacking the crew in their sleep was a neat one.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote