Quinto TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Mar 26

Shatner Remembers Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Mar 26

Star Trek Delta Coin Pouches
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Takei Museum Fundraiser In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old February 1 2015, 04:11 AM   #1
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

NuKhan Crying? LOL !

Sorry but i really don't like the alternate universe movies. The prime than never had such slobbering fits as .nu Khan . The scene in the detention cell was the worst. Cumberpatch even quivered his lip when he started to cry. Abrams really has added a weakness and over sensitivity to the heroes and the villains. Really sucks.

Last edited by Pubert; February 1 2015 at 04:31 AM.
Old February 1 2015, 04:19 AM   #2
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: NuKhan Crying? LOL !

^ It just shows how manipulative Khan can be. He can convincingly simulate emotional responses so as to get people to do what he wants.

I mean, I don't seriously think Khan is actually capable of genuine emotion like that. It's all been bred out of his kind. But he can still fake it.
Everybody's looking for Stilton
Old February 1 2015, 04:32 AM   #3
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

no the crying was real. Remember he turned his back from kirk and Spock when he started to blubber.
Old February 1 2015, 04:32 AM   #4
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Pubert wrote: View Post
Sorry but i really don't link the alternate universe movies. The prime than never had such slobbering fits as .nu Khan . Ithe scene in the detention cell was the worst. Cumberpatch even quivered his lip when he started to cry. Alarms really has added a weakness and over sensitivity to the heroes and the villains. Really sucks.
link? Alarms? You place too much faith in auto correct.

Spock's Naked Time breakdown is a "slobbering fit" rivaling NuKhan's. I'm sure there are others.
Old February 1 2015, 04:34 AM   #5
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

I'm using my phone. Sorry. I corrected the mistakes.
Old February 1 2015, 04:35 AM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

no the crying was real. Remember he turned his back from kirk and Spock when he started to blubber.
But they surely could still tell he was (making a simulation of) crying. You don't have to look directly at someone's face to know what they are feeling. At the very least, they could still hear him.
Old February 1 2015, 04:37 AM   #7
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

Spock was under the influence of a virus in the naked time. What's nukhans excuse? We are talking about a leader that nearly took over much of earth for Pete's sake.
Old February 1 2015, 04:41 AM   #8
Melakon
Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
But they surely could still tell he was (making a simulation of) crying.
Not if he's a better actor than Cumberbatch, and as an advanced human, he probably is.
Old February 1 2015, 04:41 AM   #9
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

But they surely could still tell he was (making a simulation of) crying. You don't have to look directly at someone's face to know what they are feeling. At the very least, they could still hear him.

LoL. Why would he go through the trouble of making a blubber face when his back was turned?
Old February 1 2015, 04:41 AM   #10
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ It's not just his face. As I said, they could still hear him.

What's nukhans excuse?
Do you mean, why do I think he was faking it? He was an Augment; that's what they do.

Augments are unable to feel normal human emotion - all they care about is power and ambition. They are literally incapable of feeling anything else but that. They were specifically engineered to be so. (If you doubt me, look at how Khan treated Marla McGivers when they first met in 'Space Seed'.)

And not only that, but in STID, Khan basically admitted that his group's ultimate goal was genocide - the destruction of all normal (non-engineered) humans.

As for Spock...Vulcans still have emotion. They don't express it, but they still have it. (Only the Kolinahr adepts have actually eliminated emotion.) So it would not be impossible for Spock to have a 'blubbering' fit like we saw him do.
Old February 1 2015, 04:43 AM   #11
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

^ It's not just his face. As I said, they could still hear him.

What's nukhans excuse?
Do you mean, why do I think he was faking it? He was an Augment; that's what they do.

Augments are unable to feel normal human emotion - all they care about is power and ambition. They are literally incapable of feeling anything else but that. They were specifically engineered to be so. (If you doubt me, look at how Khan treated Marla McGivers when they first met in 'Space Seed'.)

And not only that, but in STID, Khan basically admitted that his group's ultimate goal was genocide - the destruction of all normal (non-engineered) humans.

He was crying like a baby for his people. Admit it. He was not faking.
Old February 1 2015, 04:45 AM   #12
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ We've also seen how Augments will turn on each other whenever it suits them...look at all the infighting going on amongst Arik Soong's group in the ENT mini-arc. And of course the Augments that took over a quarter of Earth in the Eugenics Wars were fond of fighting amongst themselves.

So you'll forgive me if I doubt Khan's sincerity when he claims he cares anything about his 'people'. By definition he could not care about anyone but himself. He was MADE to be that way.
Old February 1 2015, 04:52 AM   #13
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

^ We've also seen how Augments will turn on each other whenever it suits them...look at all the infighting going on amongst Arik Soong's group in the ENT mini-arc. And of course the Augments that took over a quarter of Earth in the Eugenics Wars were fond of fighting amongst themselves.

So you'll forgive me if I doubt Khan's sincerity when he claims he cares anything about his 'people'. By definition he could not care about anyone but himself. He was MADE to be that way.
When ricardo played than he cared about his people. In wrath of Khan when his second in command died he swore he would avenge him. Notice in that scene Khan wasn't blundering like a wuss.
Old February 1 2015, 04:57 AM   #14
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

I mean, I don't seriously think Khan is actually capable of genuine emotion like that. It's all been bred out of his kind. But he can still fake it.

Are you sure you're not just assuming something which was never in the script?

When ricardo played than[sic] he cared about his people.
And CumberKhan didn't? Are you sure you didn't miss a scene or two?
Old February 1 2015, 05:05 AM   #15
Pubert
Lieutenant Commander

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Are you sure you're not just assuming something which was never in the script?

When ricardo played than[sic] he cared about his people.
And CumberKhan didn't? Are you sure you didn't miss a scene or two?
I was responding to laserbeam saying that .nu.khan doesn't really care about his peopleonly himself and that he was faking. He wasn't. NuKhans blundering proved he did. Prime Khan was better in that he proclaimed vengeance and did it without blubbering like a little baby.

Last edited by Pubert; February 1 2015 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread