Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 23 2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Nerdius Maximus
Fleet Captain

The next Batman reboot

When the Nolan films run out of steam(ie, when he quits doing them and they bring in other directors and fuck everything up again) and they once again reboot the series, I think it would be really cool to have it set in 1939. The animated series kind of had that look, but in a modern setting, and it worked really well. It'd be awesome to see a "period" Batman film. And I know they'd never do this, it's just wishful thinking, but what would be even cooler is if they did it in black and white, in a film noir kind of style. You know, similar to Sin City. A really dark, moody B&W Batman set in the time that the comic debuted, that's my dream Batman movie.
Nerdius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 05:44 AM   #2
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: The next Batman reboot

I'd actually like the opposite, a Batman Beyond futuristic take on it. Maybe a fourth movie introducing Robin and then in 10 years they continue with robin becoming The Batman.
Old January 23 2011, 05:53 AM   #3
JRoss
Captain

Why reboot at all?
JRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 05:59 AM   #4
Zeppster
Commodore

If Nolan keeps doing stories like this I would like him to make Batman movies for as long as he can direct. Even if it means changing some of the actors. His stories in the 2 Batman movies so far are amazing.
Old January 23 2011, 06:02 AM   #5
Skywalker
Admiral

JRoss wrote: View Post
Why reboot at all?
Because Warner Bros. likes making money.

It would be neat to see a Batman movie as a period piece, or maybe do something like the Gotham of BTAS, but they'll most likely keep it set in the contemporary era.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 06:27 AM   #6
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Zeppster wrote: View Post
If Nolan keeps doing stories like this I would like him to make Batman movies for as long as he can direct. Even if it means changing some of the actors. His stories in the 2 Batman movies so far are amazing.
He has already said his next is his last and I don't see him changing his mind.
Old January 23 2011, 06:28 AM   #7
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

I'll be shocked if he does any more than the trilogy. In fact, I expect there to be some closure to The Dark Knight Rises—Nolan is telling a story, not spinning out a franchise indefinitely.

And I'm fine with that. That's how comics work best, really. Someone else will eventually come along and make their own version of Batman, and we can only hope that it'll be as good.
Old January 23 2011, 06:30 AM   #8
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Canadave wrote: View Post
I'll be shocked if he does any more than the trilogy. In fact, I expect there to be some closure to The Dark Knight Rises—Nolan is telling a story, not spinning out a franchise indefinitely.
Nolan has even said in interviews that intends to provide closure in the third film.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 06:38 AM   #9
gastrof
Rear Admiral

Closure...

And what might THAT mean? The death of Dick Grayson's parents and Bruce taking him in, then everything fades to black?

Bruce gives up being Batman? Wayne Manor's rebuild is finally complete and he's back in the real bat-cave?

Tom Welling appears in tights and cape and says "I think we'd work well together"?
Old January 23 2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Zeppster
Commodore

Unless he kills of Batman, you can always make a sequel to a Batman film. He didn't even kill of Joker in the last one because he probably intended on having him back in this one. Heath Ledger's death obviously didn't allow that.
Old January 23 2011, 06:44 AM   #11
Dream
Admiral

Nolan can't keep doing Batman movies forever. It's time for new directors to take over.

They just need to remember to never make another Batman and Robin.
Old January 23 2011, 07:54 AM   #12
Aragorn
Admiral

gastrof wrote: View Post
Tom Welling appears in tights and cape and says "I think we'd work well together"?
Yeah, that'd be the antithesis of everything Nolan's been working toward.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 08:03 AM   #13
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

gastrof wrote: View Post
Closure...

And what might THAT mean? The death of Dick Grayson's parents and Bruce taking him in, then everything fades to black?

Bruce gives up being Batman? Wayne Manor's rebuild is finally complete and he's back in the real bat-cave?

Based on what the films have done so far, my guess would be Bruce Wayne hanging up the cowl, because Gotham no longer needs Batman. But I'm also not making the movie, so I could very well be wrong.
Old January 23 2011, 08:24 AM   #14
captcalhoun
Admiral

i want a series which uses Robin and brings in Batgirl without fucking it up.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2011, 08:28 AM   #15
C_Miller
Captain

I'd love a period piece. Maybe not explicitly a period piece, but a live action version of the Animated Series would make me so happy. As great as the Nolan movies are, Bruce Timm's version will always be the definitive Batman for me. I have no shame saying that I bought that series on DVD when it came out and I still will occasionally dig it out for a re-watch.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote