TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old June 27 2013, 12:12 AM   #1
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Enterprise MOVIES and Season 5 gossip

So I went to see Anthony Montgomery last night (see pics in ElimParra's Anthony thread if you want) and he said that Manny Coto had said there would be a 2 or 3 parter of the Mirror Universe in Season 5. It would be all about Empress Hoshi Sato and he would have had a big part as he would be her right hand man (and bed boy I am assuming )

He also said that when the actors signed on for 7 seasons they were told the MOVIES were going to start at the end of season 2 or in season 3 and they were hoping to do two or three Enterprise movies. This didn't happen since some higher ups had ENT on the chopping block form early on.

How sad it is that we could have had Enterprise movies and we didn't get them?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2013, 12:29 AM   #2
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Enterprise MOVIES and Season 5 gossip

Also known as 2 part episodes? By that logic we got quite a few during season 4.
Old June 27 2013, 12:31 AM   #3
teacake
Fleet Admiral

No, big screen movies.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 27 2013, 12:37 AM   #4
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Between the double blow of Nemesis and Enterprise's ratings in the first two seasons, that would've been a long shot.

Maybe if they let the writers off the leash like they did in season 4 at first... maybe.
Old June 27 2013, 12:50 AM   #5
Dream
Admiral

There was never going to be an ENT movie.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2013, 12:52 AM   #6
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I'm just repeating what Anthony said the actors were told when they signed up. If it had been a HUGE HIT who knows what would have happened.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 27 2013, 06:52 AM   #7
TheSubCommander
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
I'm just repeating what Anthony said the actors were told when they signed up. If it had been a HUGE HIT who knows what would have happened.
This is the first I've ever heard of Enterprise movies being talked about while the show was in production still. Even though I liked Enterprise, even I have trouble believing there were definite plans for Enterprise movies. That could have just been smoke blown up someone's butt to get them to sign a contract or something. Obviously, even if that were said and it was meant, with Nemesis floundering and Enterprise ratings never living up to expectations, those big screen movies never happened.

Now, I do see some sort of logic to that idea, as even before Nemesis was released, it was billed as a "Generation's final journey" or something similar, and with TOS, DS9, and VOY all resolved, that left only ENT as the last Trek franchise up for movies after TNG went away, at least without either rebooting or creating a new show\movie series (which of course we got).

Also, it could explain why Enterprise seasons 1-3 seemed to be held back at times...maybe they were hoping to do an "xfiles" and release a theatrical movie in between seasons or something. Just speculation on my part, though.

So I can see how maybe there was "TALK" of doing Enterprise movies, but I would be surprised if it was anything other than that.

But all that said, I still lament to this day we never saw an Earth-Romulan war or conflict ( I know I have said that a lot.... sorry). Had Enterprise stayed on the same track as it was in seasons 3-4 , I think it could have been a pretty awesome season 5.
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2013, 07:43 AM   #8
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Oh I agree it seems very unlikely. But I've heard a lot of actors say things that with the fact(lets) and analysis that fly around in fan circles seems unlikely.

Maybe a more experienced actor would have heard all the "and we will have MOVIES!" talk and thought, "uh huh.."

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old June 27 2013, 07:57 AM   #9
TheSubCommander
Captain

Oh I agree it seems very unlikely. But I've heard a lot of actors say things that with the fact(lets) and analysis that fly around in fan circles seems unlikely.

Maybe a more experienced actor would have heard all the "and we will have MOVIES!" talk and thought, "uh huh.."
Well, sometimes actors, directors, and producers, just straight up make sh*t up, too, otherwise known as Rick McCallum's Disease. So who knows what the truth is.
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2013, 08:05 AM   #10
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander

If the prequel show Enterprise was set ten years before we know when the Federation was formed, and if Enterprise went on to 7 seasons like the previous Berman Treks, then I could see how in the back of the minds of the producers that Trek films with that cast would be at least a possibility. The Next Gen films were already dying/dead, and you had a relatively more youthful cast (and less expensive), and concepts such as the Romulan war and birth of the Federation would provide story fodder.

I would've liked to see the show go the distance, and would've seen movies with the crew, but with the paltry budgets Trek films were getting by Nemesis, I don't see how the film franchise would've fared. Even if Enterprise was more popular ratings wise, there was a trend of diminishing returns on the "franchise" .

Regardless of how one feels about "nuTrek", it put Star Trek back into the public view in a way that Captain Archer couldn't.

Shame that the show didn't end on a better note, but neither did the Original Series!
Tommunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29 2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Captain Atkin
Commander

Tommunist wrote: View Post
Shame that the show didn't end on a better note, but neither did the Original Series!
Well, technically, the original series ended with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and that was definitely a high note to end on!

I don't think that Star Trek: Enterprise would have fared well as motion pictures, but I do think it would do well today as made-for-TV movies on Netflix. It could also open the door for Netflix movies of other Trek characters, like a Riker/Titan movie or a Sulu/Excelsior movie. Anything is possible. A lot of people have been saying they would like to see a season 5 of Enterprise, but I think I would prefer a cool trilogy of Enterprise made-for-TV movies for Netflix, which could later be sold on Bluray.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29 2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Tommunist wrote: View Post
Well, technically, the original series ended with Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and that was definitely a high note to end on!

I don't think that Star Trek: Enterprise would have fared well as motion pictures, but I do think it would do well today as made-for-TV movies on Netflix. It could also open the door for Netflix movies of other Trek characters, like a Riker/Titan movie or a Sulu/Excelsior movie. Anything is possible. A lot of people have been saying they would like to see a season 5 of Enterprise, but I think I would prefer a cool trilogy of Enterprise made-for-TV movies for Netflix, which could later be sold on Bluray.
While I don't think that Enterprise movies would've reversed the diminishing returns trend on Trek films at that point save for perhaps a minor bump for novelty, I can see Berman at least having that thought in the back of his mind about where to take the film franchise next.

Oh, I love Trek VI, I was thinking more about "Turnabout Intruder" as a bad way to "end" a series!!! As far as Enterprise movies, I think the scope would have been opened up. Like if that "Star Trek: The Beginning" movie trilogy about the Romulan War had a role for the Enterprise crew in. The only thing I could say that would have been nice about a Enterprise "era" film is that because the audience isn't as familiar with or emotionally invested in the characters the same way a Kirk or Picard are, you could actually have them go through the wringer and take bolder steps with their actions and fates.

As it stands, I think we will not very likely see any more of the "Prime universe" on any screen as far as new stuff goes.
At least we have the novels!!!
Old July 4 2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Kathy Kringle
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kathy Kringle

So I went to see Anthony Montgomery last night (see pics in ElimParra's Anthony thread if you want) and he said that Manny Coto had said there would be a 2 or 3 parter of the Mirror Universe in Season 5. It would be all about Empress Hoshi Sato and he would have had a big part as he would be her right hand man (and bed boy I am assuming )

He also said that when the actors signed on for 7 seasons they were told the MOVIES were going to start at the end of season 2 or in season 3 and they were hoping to do two or three Enterprise movies. This didn't happen since some higher ups had ENT on the chopping block form early on.

How sad it is that we could have had Enterprise movies and we didn't get them?

Wait, the show was originally supposed to run for 7 Seasons?
They actually signed on for 7?

That is really sad. ;(

As for movies, I'm not as big of a fan of Trek movies as I am of the series. It's hard to cram a lot of Trek substance into 2 hours. But a 7 season series, you can do a lot of character and story development.

Either way, that is sad...

Dead Lazlo's Place
Kathy Kringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2013, 07:07 AM   #14
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander

I think it was 6 seasons, with a 7th option.
Old July 5 2013, 11:04 AM   #15
REDrake
Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to REDrake

I think that story is bogus. There's no way an actors signs for 7 seasons before the show starts filming. A lot of things can happen in 7 years.
Also, the fact that Anthony Montgomery makes those claims, when his character lacks substance, makes me believe they most likely sat together at a party after the show was cancelled and discussed what might have been.
REDrake is offline   Reply With Quote