Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 30 2013, 06:01 AM   #136
BruntFCA
Commander

Re: The ENT and Melakon

Desert Crossing looked fantastic, so at least there's that.
Old April 30 2013, 08:56 AM   #137
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Actually I'd say Two Days and Two Nights was the best of all the Risa episodes. Not that any of the previous ones set a particularly high bar, but this didn't try to be something it wasn't. It was just goofy fun with the fish out of water element.
Old April 30 2013, 09:37 AM   #138
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

It felt like Hoshi's boyfriend had probably used his routine hundreds of times, and Hoshi knows it, but the scenes are done so well that you never dislike the guy.
Old April 30 2013, 12:54 PM   #139
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

R. Star wrote: View Post
Actually I'd say Two Days and Two Nights was the best of all the Risa episodes. Not that any of the previous ones set a particularly high bar, but this didn't try to be something it wasn't. It was just goofy fun with the fish out of water element.
The place looked decent and not like some kind of swinger's club from a crappy movie. Definitely the best Risa ep.

It also cracks me up that they have a Chinese Crested as an alien dog. And T'Pol's light reading gift to Archer,

And Phlox!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 01:06 PM   #140
Chanukahjes
Commodore

View Chanukahjes's Twitter Profile

I, too, liked Archer getting a female possible romantic interest who was actually within spitting distance of Bakula's age. What a concept - a woman with a line or two on her face who was, I dunno, sexy.
Chanukahjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 01:12 PM   #141
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Oh now..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 03:17 PM   #142
Chanukahjes
Commodore

Agreed, reminds me of how
Old April 30 2013, 03:43 PM   #143
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

I think another reason I never watched Quantum Leap is for its first few years, I was working nights. I had read a TV Guide Fall Preview description, and the premise didn't interest me too much, because it sounded sort of like The Time Tunnel without the fancy hardware and a smaller cast. Other time travel shows had failed to impress me too, because they always failed in the hardware department and focused on whatever past the characters were trapped in. TT often had a lot of stuff happening at Tic Toc Base with former Miss America Lee Meriweather.

So who's the woman in the Quantum Leap screenshot? I don't recognize her.
Old April 30 2013, 05:41 PM   #144
Chanukahjes
Commodore

That is Mimi Kuzyk.
Old April 30 2013, 06:04 PM   #145
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

I'm sort of surprised that Scott's partner/wife Chelsea Field never squeezed in a cameo on Enterprise.
Old May 2 2013, 02:04 AM   #146
horatio83
Commodore

I like the episode, particularly that the "not trying hard can work better than trying hard" idea, and of course I am totally aware of limited budgets and limited screen time for four plot threads ... but it was an episode which made me want to see more of Risa, e.g. when Archer made a trip.
Old May 7 2013, 08:54 AM   #147
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

1:26 - Shockwave (1st Season Finale)

TV Blurb: The Temporal Cold War begins to boil when it appears Enterprise is responsible for an accident destroying an entire mining colony. Written by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga. Directed by Allan Kroeker.

I really hate the Temporal Cold War arc, which is why it took a week to get around to reviewing this cliffhanger. Despite multiple viewings, I don't think I ever managed to watch the whole thing in a single sitting.

Archer punishes himself (again) for the colony's destruction, especially after Enterprise is ordered to return home for an investigation. Scott Bakula is very good in these scenes of self-doubt, desperately trying to understand how a treknically impossible accident happened.

Matt Winston returns as the presumed dead Daniels, and gives Archer the answer. I think the reason I don't like Daniels is because in every appearance, poor Winston has to go through lengthy expository dialogue explaining what's going on to Archer and us each time. Daniels isn't a character, he's a prop, a mouthpiece for the writers to continually explain the TCW arc. Daniels never gets to do any thing interesting, just stands around and bores us with recitation.

John Fleck is also back as Silik, but doesn't get to do much more than make threats and metaphorically twirl his mustache. Future Guy (James Horan) returns too, issuing orders.

And I think this is the problem with the TCW. Unless Daniels, or Silik, or Future Guy are around, there's no way to tell what the hell's going on. We're constantly being given information Archer and the crew are unaware of, and can't learn until one of those other characters explains everything.

There are a few good special effects moments. The first one is in the teaser, with the colony disaster. Another appears at the end, and ably illustrates the hopelessness of Archer's situation in the cliffhanger.

Next: "Shockwave, Part II"
Old May 7 2013, 04:08 PM   #148
RPOW0614
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Excellent work Melakon. Your reviews have been spot on so far. Because I have a friend who just got into trek I too have been rewatching ENT from the begining and I stopped at Shockwave too. I am trying to keep current with her viewing so she has someone to bounce her thoughts off of. I didn't think she would make it thru VOY, but she perservered. ENT is my favorite series of all of Trek (heresey, I know). Keep up the good work. I know I am little late to the thread but is there any way we could get a count on how many times Archer gets punched in the face? Seems like every episode he's eating a knuckle sandwich.
RPOW0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 05:23 PM   #149
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

RPOW0614 wrote: View Post
. . .is there any way we could get a count on how many times Archer gets punched in the face? . .
I imagine someone, somewhere, has already done the tally, and I'm no statistics expert.

I almost added a line in the analysis wondering how many viewers had given up on the show before this episode.
Old May 7 2013, 07:21 PM   #150
horatio83
Commodore

I like the Temporal Cold War and fail to see why it it supposed to be so bad. Its only problem is that it makes the show feel too futuristic.
In general ENT worked well when it focused on genuine 22nd century stuff.