Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 6 2013, 05:15 PM   #451
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: More Star Wars films announced

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
You don't want too much Star Wars in the public eye and consciousness at any random given moment or else the brand will start to wear thin. Look at Trek. Four whole TV series, six big-budget theatrical films and countless other offshoot projects in the space of just 18 years and it got to the point where even Paramount thought it was time to put the franchise down for a while.
I thought Trek got a rest becuase the last show tanked in the ratings and Nemesis sucked. Not to mention ratings that were gradually declining around the end of TNG and movies that felt like two hour episodes.

The Season 5 finale of The Clone Wars aired this morning on Cartoon Network and while most fans are convinced the show will get greenlit for a Season 6 there are still some who feel that the plug will get pulled due to recent declining ratings and interest in the series as well as the Disney takeover.

Lucas once said his main goals with the animated show were to tell some great stories and make 100 episodes, and since he's accomplished both over the last five years it really won't be any shock to many fans if Lucasfilm and CN come to some sort of agreement to cease production. That said, there are still quite a few loose story ends to tie up as well as the act of connecting the series to the events of Episode III to provide closure so most of us are predicting we'll get one more season and that'll be all she wrote.
Except season 6 has already been confirmed.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 05:45 PM   #452
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Classy. I know she's not a 19-year-old codger anymore, but still....
Precisely.. it's been more than 30 yeas and people change. I'm really looking forward to these movies now that the original crew is back together and am really curious how they will write them given the age.

They will of course not run down a unit of Stormtroopers (or maybe Han will.. he never struck me as a guy who'd let something like age keep him from doing impulsive stuff) or swing across chasms by hanging onto a cable.

The entire movie will depend on the casting of the new generation who'll take up the action part and i really hope they get some good ones.. Jennifer Lawrence for Jaina Solo!

One thing that really puts me in a good mood is that Lucas will be nowhere near the script or the director's chair.. i love and respect him for starting the whole universe and having a huge imagination but he's really not a good writer and director.

So let's keep our fingers crossed, forget the second trilogy and just cheer as loudly as we can when the crawl begins!
Great news that Carrie has confirmed her participation.. I know we're all looking for Hamill and Ford's confirmations as well, but I'm also holding out hope that Denis Lawson will be approached about reprising Wedge Antilles... I can see him a big time general or Admiral at this point..
Old March 6 2013, 06:22 PM   #453
davejames
Vice Admiral

Really excited about this news, but it's still going to be really weird seeing those actors as Han, Luke and Leia again (whether it's Ford interacting with Chewbacca again, or Hamill weilding a lightsaber...)
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 07:50 PM   #454
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile

Has Season 6 been confirmed? Officially?

The last I read on the fan sites things were still up in the air and Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm had yet to come to a final decision.

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 09:08 PM   #455
flavaflav
Commander

marillion wrote: View Post
I'm also holding out hope that Denis Lawson will be approached about reprising Wedge Antilles... I can see him a big time general or Admiral at this point..
I never even thought about the possibility of Wedge coming back. That would certainly be awesome
flavaflav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2013, 09:10 PM   #456
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

You might be surprised how many people don't know that Lawson is Ewan McGregor's uncle (his mom's brother). If Wedge returns and we also get Ewan as Obi-Wan's Force ghost it'd be the first time both family members have ever appeared onscreen in the same project.

Old March 6 2013, 09:16 PM   #457
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

flavaflav wrote: View Post
marillion wrote: View Post
I'm also holding out hope that Denis Lawson will be approached about reprising Wedge Antilles... I can see him a big time general or Admiral at this point..
I never even thought about the possibility of Wedge coming back. That would certainly be awesome
It certainly would... I was one of those kids who always wanted to "play" Wedge when we played Star Wars when I was little...

Might have to start a campaign to put him on JJ's radar...
Old March 7 2013, 12:15 AM   #458
EnsignRicky
Commodore

John Ratzenberger as Supreme Chancellor Derlin.
Old March 7 2013, 12:16 AM   #459
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral

You just transcended from mere mortal to posting legend.

Old March 7 2013, 12:19 AM   #460
EnsignRicky
Commodore

Also known as Evil Lord Porkchop.
Old March 7 2013, 12:20 AM   #461
JD
Admiral

Glad to here about Carrie Fisher, hopefully the rest of the cast will confirm soon too. I would love to see everybody who was in more than one OT movie, and was still alive by end of RoTJ make some kind of a return, even if it is just for one scene.
Old March 7 2013, 02:02 AM   #462
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I just don't have much interest in rounding up the old gang. Maybe 15 years ago it'd work, but George in his infinite wisdom decided to go with his prequel disasters.

Mark Hammil as Luke in the mentor role? Maybe. Every old shriv from the originals with a supercameo? No thanks.
Old March 7 2013, 02:25 AM   #463
tighr
Commodore

Yeah, I don't support the fan-wank of having all the old characters cameo. I'd rather see new characters in amazing situations, in a story that uses the saga itself in a new way. Its a brand new trilogy, not a continuation of the last one.
Old March 7 2013, 05:50 AM   #464
EnsignRicky
Commodore

I don't get this whole too old thing. I think Samuel L Jackson is older than all of them.

And he don't have to put up with any of that mother fuckin' nonsense!!

Besides, people paid over a billion dollars last year to spend two hours staring up Judi Dench's nose.
I think Star Wars will be just fine.
Old March 7 2013, 05:51 AM   #465
Mr Light
Admiral

Y'know come to think of it, Jennifer Lawrence would be perfect as angsty adult Jaina Solo...

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote