Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old April 25 2013, 06:39 PM   #91
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season 3 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

The thing I don't like about this edit is we lose Ron Jones's score, which helped make this a great cliffhanger. I guess it was inevitable that it had to happen this way, but I wonder if they had tried to keep it in.

Still looking forward to tonight and seeing the bonus content and the Season 4 trailer, as well as BOBW of course. Might end up coming home and watching Family afterwards.
Old April 25 2013, 07:24 PM   #92
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah that score was great, but technically it's no longer a "cliffhanger" anymore so I think it makes sense not to have it.

Although that being said, for all future viewings I'm definitely going to stick with the original version. Because ultimately I just think these work better as separate episodes than as one movie.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:51 PM   #93
Garrovick
Commander

Got my tickets, and looking forward to it! Going to wear my Niners baseball cap from "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" and see if anyone recognizes it
Old April 25 2013, 11:40 PM   #94
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

In my seat waiting for the show to start!
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 11:48 PM   #95
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

It doesn't start for nearly four hours here in Tucson. Got my ticket though and I'm as excited as Sto-vo-kor to be going!
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 11:51 PM   #96
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon

When I was picking up my tickets some guy was trying to buy tickets and he couldn't because its sold out here.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 12:00 AM   #97
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Tonight is going to be a full on Trek night. I already have my ticket for BOBW, and I'm going to get my ticket (Already pre-ordered) for Star Trek Into Darkness. I'm also leaving soon for dinner and then the movie.
Old April 26 2013, 02:14 AM   #98
Lynn Minmay
Captain

45 mins to go...I'm tempted to go.
Old April 26 2013, 02:23 AM   #99
Beta-Z
Lieutenant Commander

And? Did you?

Oh, how i wish they'd do these events here in Germany too!!
It's been such a long time since i've seen my favourite Trek-Crew on the big screen. Too long...
Beta-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 02:41 AM   #100
dg1379
Commander

Just got back from valley view cinemark. House was packed! Also had a rep from fathom there taking pictures. BOBW looked great! The 2 seconds from SD was not too bad, imo.

Line of the day was from Guinan: Did you f*ck the program? -- just about died at that one!
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 03:15 AM   #101
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

I was surprised, frankly, because the whole "six seconds" thing and the shot of Picard/Locutus waiting are now gone. I always thought it was believable that the beam needed an extra few seconds to charge.. it's just another effective dramatic beat. I guess it worked fine for the purpose of an edit. I had a decent time. I enjoyed the gag reel,.
I really didn't like showing the documentary before the feature, as it kind of spoils it if I had brought in a friend who had never seen Best of Both Worlds, which I was going to do.
Old April 26 2013, 03:22 AM   #102
trekker670
Fleet Captain

The event this time was much larger than last time around (I'd say at least double the seasons 1 and 2 attendances), but we encountered a few technical difficulties. The center channel kept going out, which meant the dialog was muted while the music and sound effects kept going. We also had some digital noise from the satellite feed right as Admiral Henson hailed the Enterprise from the middle of Wolf 359 (which was actually kinda funny how it synced together with the on-screen static from the battle damage).

There were lots of groans and a few people left early, but ultimately it affected probably less than 10 minutes of the 2 hour show and we were greeted by staff at the end who gave us free passes.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 03:25 AM   #103
trekker670
Fleet Captain

dg1379 wrote: View Post
Line of the day was from Guinan: Did you f*ck the program? -- just about died at that one!
We got a bigger reaction from Worf's "I never played with Bo--" line. The crowd was rolling for several seconds (perhaps a minute or two).
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 04:03 AM   #104
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo

The theater I went to was *packed* - far better than the Season 2 event, which was maybe 20 people.

BOBW looked fantastic, especially the new effects. But did anyone feel like the scenes in the ready room and sickbay in Part 2 looked odd? Maybe it was just a lighting choice at the time, but they looked much less sharp and colorful than the rest of the episode.

trekker670 wrote: View Post
dg1379 wrote: View Post
We got a bigger reaction from Worf's "I never played with Bo--" line. The crowd was rolling for several seconds (perhaps a minute or two).
That one had our crowd rolling, but Castillo's "I think maybe I'd like it better if you called me Dick" absolutely brought the house down.
Old April 26 2013, 04:06 AM   #105
cbspock
Rear Admiral

I just got back from the event here in San Antonio, the theatre was packed. Yes the scene when Riker orders "Fire" is edited so it cuts right to the dish firing. They sweetened the explosion at the end of the episode. Also the phasers can really now be seen to change colors when they rotate their frequencies. The bloopers are hysterical. Good reactions from the crowd.

-Chris