New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old February 5 2013, 11:33 PM   #31
Silvphoenix47
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to Silvphoenix47
Re: Which novel or series have you re-read the most?

The most Star Trek novel I have read is The Return by William Shatner, it is in my top 10 list next to Destiny triology, and the Typhon Pact duology by David R. GeorgeIII, and Star Trek Voyager: Full Circle.

Even though Star Trek:The Return was not exactly canon with normal trek time line i've always wished this book was made into a movie. It is one of my top favorite star trek reads.
Silvphoenix47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 08:26 AM   #32
RonG
Captain

View RonG's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to RonG

for me it's basically novels by Mack, KRAD and PAD (with Spock's World, Immortal Coil and Prime Directive thrown in for good measure..)
Old February 6 2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Spocky8492
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm still trying to read all the relauch Star Trek books for the first time. And I have so much novels to catch up that I don't have time to re-read. But your answers are very interesting because usually books that you re-read a lot are very good books. So I note some books from your lists
Spocky8492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 02:21 PM   #34
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

Mach5 wrote: View Post
I've re-read some parts of Mangels'/Martin's "The Good That Men Do" and William Leisner's "A Less Perfect Union". The latter was as especially enjoyable read.
Thanks!
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 04:14 PM   #35
Husnock1
Cadet

The Rift, Q-Squared, Imzadi... I just finished rereading The Q Continuum. Federation is good to go back to, also...
---^^^"< 1
Husnock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 05:49 PM   #36
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

So far I've never read a Trek novel more than twice. I've re-read the TNG and DS9 relaunches in order to refresh my memory after a long gap in publishing so that I'd have the events fresh in my mind when a new novel was finally released (I remember specifically doing this when Fearful Symmetry was finally coming out after such a long delay).

I am sure at some point I will go back and re-read them again. Destiny is certainly the kind of story that I could enjoy revisiting every few years. I'll probably go back through and re-read the whole of Vanguard at some point, as well as the Kirsten Beyer-penned VOY series.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 02:05 AM   #37
CaptPapa
Commander

I've read The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah the most, at least a dozen times. Next would be Yesterday's Son and Time for Yesterday by A C Crispin; and of course Spock's World by Diane Duane.
Old February 9 2013, 04:33 AM   #38
donners22
Commodore

Q-Squared.

I re-read it so many times over a few months that my library wouldn't let me re-borrow it any more. Then when I bought a copy, I re-read that many more times over the years.

I got quite a bit out of all those re-reads, since I wasn't too familiar with Star Trek when I first read it. My increasing knowledge helped me pick up on more of the episode references each time.

It's still my favourite Trek book.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 06:20 PM   #39
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

I used to re-read Star Trek novels quite a lot until several years ago, when I started buying more new (to me) books. Now, I mostly read stuff I haven't read yet, with the exception of some New Frontier books. I've read the first five or six of them three or four times, because I would start the series and then just never get around to buying the next books in the series. But within the past year I've actually been making decent progress on moving along.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2013, 05:07 PM   #40
Reanok
Commodore

I've reread Micheal Jan Friedman's Reunion novel and Una McCormacks ds9 novels Hollow Men and her novel about Cardassia.Q-in law that book has some great scenes in it.LXwana getting even with Q is my favorite part of the book.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 02:53 AM   #41
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

I don't re-read much Trek. I know that as a teen, I re-read Q-in-Law and Imzadi several times. I've been thru the early books of the DS9 relaunch 2 or 3 times.

Outside Trek, I have to revist Anne McCaffery's Pern every few years. I get homesick.