Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old January 28 2013, 02:12 PM   #16
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile
Re: Invasion and Millennium series and current continuity

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
ryan123450 wrote: View Post
In the case of Invasion, references have been made to it, but as far as I know (something tells me someone may prove me wrong), no references have been made to Millennium, nor did it reference anything else.
I can't think of a reference to Millennium in the larger Lit-verse, and I don't believe it referenced anything. If I remember correctly, Marco's view on Millennium was the same as his view on A Stitch In Time; the books weren't part of the DS9 relaunch proper but they were as valid a part of the relaunch universe as the television series itself.
Millennium was mentioned in passing in the first DTI book, while Grigari have been mentioned as antagonists in the mirror universe as well as in the main universe.
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 07:53 PM   #17
Markonian
Captain

rfmcdpei wrote: View Post

Millennium was mentioned in passing in the first DTI book, while Grigari have been mentioned as antagonists in the mirror universe as well as in the main universe.
Sounds like these Grigari would make a good new antagonist for the Lit-verse, either as common foe or new member of the Typhon/Taurus Pacts.
Old January 28 2013, 09:58 PM   #18
Paper Moon
Commander

rfmcdpei wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
ryan123450 wrote: View Post
In the case of Invasion, references have been made to it, but as far as I know (something tells me someone may prove me wrong), no references have been made to Millennium, nor did it reference anything else.
I can't think of a reference to Millennium in the larger Lit-verse, and I don't believe it referenced anything. If I remember correctly, Marco's view on Millennium was the same as his view on A Stitch In Time; the books weren't part of the DS9 relaunch proper but they were as valid a part of the relaunch universe as the television series itself.
Yeah, Christopher has Dulmur or Lucsly mention off-hand that the crew of DS9 did a very good job during a crisis involving Red Orbs (possibly named specifically as Red Orbs of Jalbador).

One of the Cold Equations books, I think it was Silent Weapons, name-dropped the Grigari (I believe in the same sentence as the "Fesarian Federation," which made me pretty darn happy!).

Also, in defense of the paucity of references to Millenium: the way the story is written, you'd sorta expect the characters not to reference it too much, especially since the entire 2nd book was experienced by only about 50 people who remain in the Prime (or Mirror) timelines.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 01:33 AM   #19
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
One of the Cold Equations books, I think it was Silent Weapons, name-dropped the Grigari (I believe in the same sentence as the "Fesarian Federation," which made me pretty darn happy!).
The Persistence of Memory mentioned the Grigari as potential candidates for the Galen IV raids, while in Silent Weapons the Fesarian Federation was a polity within range of ... well.
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 02:06 AM   #20
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

Well I guess I was proved wrong, but I figured I would be so...

And now I realize I knew the DTI book referenced Millennium, so that was probably why subconsciously I knew I'd be proven wrong.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 11:57 AM   #21
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

It's been forever since I read Millenium, but didn't they end with the memories fading away like a dream, or somesuch BS?
Old January 29 2013, 01:10 PM   #22
DarkHorizon
Captain

King Daniel wrote: View Post
It's been forever since I read Millenium, but didn't they end with the memories fading away like a dream, or somesuch BS?
Not that I recall. They had to erase the memories of Quark, Odo, and Garak on the Day of Withdrawal, but everyone from 2374 retained theirs.