Nimoy Dead At Eighty-Three
By: T'Bonz on Feb 27

Breaking news: Leonard Nimoy – ‘Mr Spock’ – dies aged 83
By: AntonyF on Feb 27

Hurley Passes
By: T'Bonz on Feb 26

USS Excelsior Model Coming Soon
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 17 2014, 12:49 PM   #46
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Re: Couples That Should Have Been

jayrath wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Sarah Silverman
In a catsuit, of course.
What an outrageous, sexist comment!

But I agree...
Bring it ...

Old January 27 2014, 03:04 AM   #47
Velocity
Rear Admiral

Miles O'Brien and Belanna because he likes bitchy.
Old January 27 2014, 03:09 AM   #48
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Old January 27 2014, 03:30 AM   #49
Sran
Commodore

Decker/Enterprise -- count me among those who would have enjoyed seeing a new captain of the Enterprise during and following the V'Ger mission.

--Sran
Old January 27 2014, 09:49 AM   #50
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
There definitely was a spark between the two of them (in TWOK at least).
Old January 27 2014, 03:24 PM   #51
dub
Fleet Captain

Kirstie Saavik had chemistry with all of the males it seems. There was this permanent vulnerability about her (in a very attractive way) if that makes since. She should have been a Deltan. I remember when I first watched it I thought she was either Romulan or 1/4 Vulcan. Then her interaction with Genesis somehow made her more Vulcan by the beginning if TSFS.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 04:14 PM   #52
E-DUB
Captain

I can't believe I'm the first one to suggest this, but Phlox/Cutler. It kind of seemed they were going in that direction. I know that the actress died but I'm not sure when.
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 12:58 AM   #53
2takesfrakes
Commodore

dub wrote: View Post
Kirstie Saavik had chemistry with all of the males it seems.
Even though they had no actual scene(s) together, I got the vibe that she wasn't fond of DeForest Kelley, really. Maybe because he was already old, by this time ...
Old January 28 2014, 02:58 AM   #54
Sran
Commodore

I got the vibe that she wasn't fond of DeForest Kelley, really. Maybe because he was already old, by this time ...
Really? I don't get an impression either way. She was obviously fond of David, Kirk and Spock, but she had no direct interaction with McCoy, as she was only in scenes with him when paired with Kirk.

--Sran
Old January 28 2014, 03:09 AM   #55
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Ezri/Jake. I've been shipping them for ten years now, dammit.
Old January 28 2014, 06:28 PM   #56
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Sran wrote: View Post
I got the vibe that she wasn't fond of DeForest Kelley, really. Maybe because he was already old, by this time ...
Really? I don't get an impression either way. She was obviously fond of David, Kirk and Spock, but she had no direct interaction with McCoy, as she was only in scenes with him when paired with Kirk.

--Sran
Oh, I saw it. It's clearly not a "character" or "direction" thing, she just doesn't seem to even want to look at, or acknowledge him. This is particularly evident in the Genesis Cave corridor, just preceeding Carol's suggestion that David show everyone the cave, so she can be alone with Kirk. And the one scene where they do have to interact, the coverage is broken up so that they don't have to be together. I've wondered if, maybe, he hadn't been eyeballing her and she bitched about it to Nicholas Meyers.

"I don't like the way that old guy, what's his name ...?"

"Harve?"

"No, not Harve! The old doctor guy."

"'Bones!' Oh, okay. You mean DeForest Kelley."

"Yeah, whatever his name is. I don't like the way he checks me out, when he thinks I'm not looking and he's always trying to talk to me. Can you break our scenes up, so he's not around the set, when I'm on?"

"I don't know how realistic that is, Kirstie. He's like this big star of the show, don't ask me why. But we'll figure out something ... I'll have a talk with him, maybe."
Old January 29 2014, 05:51 AM   #57
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Old January 29 2014, 09:29 AM   #58
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Paris and Rain Robinson. I still think Paris had more chemistry with Rain than he ever did with B'Elanna, and think how much more fun Voyager would have been with Sarah Silverman aboard!
Tom and Seven would have been an interesting combination. He was the first person on the ship to act genuinely friendly toward her.

I'm also imagining Seven and Rain trying to get along...

Anji wrote: View Post
Worf and Crusher
The only thing I can recall them having in common was that Lwaxana insisted on calling Worf "Mr. Woof"... and Q once turned Crusher into an Irish Setter.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Worf and Tasha.

Tasha was supposed to be the strong female in TNG and they never really wrote her that way. Every time they showed her as strong they immediately turned her into a victim. They even give us a hint in Skin of Evil that the writers wanted to pair her with Worf. That would have been great because she would have been a worthy rival, and he would have brought out more of her strong woman side.

Also Riker/Ro would have been fun for an 'occasional fling' sort of situation, because then Ro would have been the dominating one in the relationship, and we could see Riker get treated the way he treats other women.
I liked the interaction Worf and Tasha had, but can't imagine it ever becoming a romantic one. It would have been interesting if they'd explored a Tasha/Riker relationship.

Alas, it didn't happen on-screen, but there were a couple of scenes in the novelization.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 11:07 AM   #59
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Timewalker wrote: View Post
I'm also imagining Seven and Rain trying to get along...
One advantage for 7 is Rain wouldn't have a visceral fear of her that everyone else had to try so hard initially to suppress.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2014, 12:21 PM   #60
starburst
Fleet Captain

dub wrote: View Post
Kirstie Saavik had chemistry with all of the males it seems. There was this permanent vulnerability about her (in a very attractive way) if that makes since. She should have been a Deltan. I remember when I first watched it I thought she was either Romulan or 1/4 Vulcan. Then her interaction with Genesis somehow made her more Vulcan by the beginning if TSFS.
Biggest mistake by Nimoy during TSFS is turning one of the most interesting new characters into a carbon copy of Spock with longer curly hair... I know this is debated again and again but for my Saavik will always be Kirsty Alley and the Vulcan in the next film is some other character entirely (this is in part for TWOK being generally my favourite of the TOS movies so its not exactly unbiased)

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Ezri/Jake. I've been shipping them for ten years now, dammit.
That would have been a pretty interesting twist on the Dax relationship with the Sisko clan utterly turning it on its head depending on how far the relationship went.

For Sisko Snr his mentor turned closest friend over 2 lifetimes could have ended up his daughter in-law!
starburst is offline   Reply With Quote