Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 23 2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Candlelight
Admiral

Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirmed for ‘Terminator 5′

http://screenrant.com/arnold-schwarz...-terminator-5/

Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (My Bloody Valentine 3D) are currently putting together a Terminator 5 script for Ellison, nearly two years after the budding Hollywood power player purchased the Terminator franchise rights. Some of our readers have speculated that the plan is for T5 to return the series to its roots, by resurrecting the format of James Cameron’s original movie – which combines slasher tropes with sci-fi pop action – and moving away from the mythos building that culminated in Terminator Salvation (similar to how Riddick is taking the Vin Diesel franchise back to its Pitch Black origin, after Chronicles of Riddick). That would explain the hiring of a writing duo like Kalogridis and Lussier, who have complimentary backgrounds in the sci-fi and horror genre. Schwarzenegger – attending a London junket for The Last Stand - confirmed that he’s set to appear in Terminator 5 (via Bleeding Cool). Obviously, the screen icon is no longer convincing as the ageless T-800; though, if the story introduces Arnold as, say, a crusty fighter in the war against Skynet – one who the machines view as a fitting model for their new line of robots – his presence might avoid becoming a burden (or feeling shoehorned in). Not to mention, it could allow overriding (or just ignoring) of events in Salvation, which is something Justin Lin hinted at doing back when he was directing.
Going back to it's roots is great but the man is over 60 years old...
Old January 23 2013, 09:13 AM   #2
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirmed for ‘Terminator 5′

Candlelight wrote: View Post
http://screenrant.com/arnold-schwarz...-terminator-5/

Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (My Bloody Valentine 3D) are currently putting together a Terminator 5 script for Ellison, nearly two years after the budding Hollywood power player purchased the Terminator franchise rights. Some of our readers have speculated that the plan is for T5 to return the series to its roots, by resurrecting the format of James Cameron’s original movie – which combines slasher tropes with sci-fi pop action – and moving away from the mythos building that culminated in Terminator Salvation (similar to how Riddick is taking the Vin Diesel franchise back to its Pitch Black origin, after Chronicles of Riddick). That would explain the hiring of a writing duo like Kalogridis and Lussier, who have complimentary backgrounds in the sci-fi and horror genre. Schwarzenegger – attending a London junket for The Last Stand - confirmed that he’s set to appear in Terminator 5 (via Bleeding Cool). Obviously, the screen icon is no longer convincing as the ageless T-800; though, if the story introduces Arnold as, say, a crusty fighter in the war against Skynet – one who the machines view as a fitting model for their new line of robots – his presence might avoid becoming a burden (or feeling shoehorned in). Not to mention, it could allow overriding (or just ignoring) of events in Salvation, which is something Justin Lin hinted at doing back when he was directing.
Going back to it's roots is great but the man is over 60 years old...
He'd be pushing 70, I don't want to see a 70 year old terminator.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Going back to its roots or pissing on the original? My money is on the latter. Like the man said, I won't get fooled again.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 01:18 PM   #4
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Everyone and his dog gets it that Arnold needs to play a human resistance fighter in this one. I hope the producers get that as well.

"Going back to the roots" is a bad thing in this case. I don't want to see yet another "Terminator travels back in time and needs to be stopped". I want to see the full scale future war that we've seen hinted at in T1 and T2, and how they defeat Skynet, and start the time traveling loop.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Gaith
Rear Admiral

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I want to see the full scale future war that we've seen hinted at in T1 and T2, and how they defeat Skynet, and start the time traveling loop.
But then what would that leave T6?
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 10:56 PM   #6
Dream
Admiral

Pretty old news. I already started a topic about Arnold being in the next movie a while back.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=196102
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 11:05 PM   #7
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Wait - brainstorm. I got it. Humans finally overthrow Skynet and send Reese back in the action-packed opening sequence, only to face a new nightmare: the invasion of, and war against, the xenomorphs. With the remaining machine units (mostly) safely under human control, it's... Terminator vs. Aliens!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 12:39 AM   #8
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Give me your boots, your clothes and your Depends, denture adhesive and hard candies.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 01:31 AM   #9
Lonemagpie
Writer

They should adapt SM Stirling's novel trilogy, so they can have Arnie play the human special forces guy (later to be resistance fighter) who Skynet based the Terminators on

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 02:13 AM   #10
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^ Not Sgt Candy?

Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 03:16 AM   #11
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

^ Or Dieter von Rossbach...
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 05:40 AM   #12
sojourner
Admiral

I got it! Let's combine 2 Arnold movies into one sequel! Terminator Jr.
Old January 24 2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Lonemagpie
Writer

Dieter Von Rossbach, *not* Sgt Candy...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

I just don't want to see more shit like "Rise" and "salvation." I really don't. I don't care if Arnold is rolling around in a wheelchair going "TERMIN-ATE! TERMIN-ATE!" as long as the producers lay prostrate at the altar of Cameronus Magnus and continue what he started.

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 06:14 PM   #15
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

The final scene in the whole film should be the resistance activating the time machine and sending Kyle back. After that: fade out.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote