Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old February 24 2013, 01:54 AM   #286
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS 5-page preview

Lord Garth, FOI wrote: View Post
Remember in one of the leaked there is a ship with a very. Connie looking nacelle going into some space hanger
Here
http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/03/shot...wl-commercial/
Thanks to the afore mentioned Anthony
King Daniel wrote: View Post
A bit of the way down the page - the police or fighter or whatever craft it is seen attacking the Starfleet conference in the second trailer - it looks like what explodes in London in the Superbowl commercial might be a hangar full of them.

EDIT: Missed the bit about a Connie nacelle. I don't see that in there.
Glad it's not just me. I don't see anything like that, besides the ship possibly hitting the bay.

I'm find it impossible to tell with that ship. It's obviously badly damaged. There could be a secondary hull underneath, given the angle it comes in at. That could be an old-style nacelle cap, buzzard collector, whatever, on the left. All I know is, there's some insistence put about, that it isn't the Enterprise. What exactly is that based on?

Last edited by ChristopherPike; February 24 2013 at 02:41 AM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 04:25 PM   #287
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

I seriously have no idea what to expect anymore.

There's just so much new information coming in that is just so left field.
Old February 24 2013, 04:38 PM   #288
Christopher
Writer

Well, what's wrong with not knowing what to expect? The best way to find out the contents of a story is to watch or read the story itself. The movie will be out in only a few months, and then we'll know.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 05:41 PM   #289
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Well, what's wrong with not knowing what to expect? The best way to find out the contents of a story is to watch or read the story itself. The movie will be out in only a few months, and then we'll know.
Madness!
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2013, 05:55 PM   #290
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Now I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, merely that I just don't know what to expect anymore.
Old February 24 2013, 09:45 PM   #291
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Spoilers are dilemma. So long as those who know are tightlipped, in theory it's all a fun game of deductive reasoning based on what pieces of the puzzle are purposefully put out there.

Right now, is the time and place to decide whether or not anyone needs to stay away... if they want to remain 100% free from knowing too much. I mean, a month from now they'll be press screenings and journalists who won't be able to contain themselves. Even if they think an article is free from spoilerific detail, a hardcore Star Trek fan will spot something for sure.
Old February 25 2013, 10:58 AM   #292
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Madness!
Darkness!
Therin of Andor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 06:51 PM   #293
Mirror Sulu
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cause they are full of Sh7t
They're full of Shat?
I knew Shatner would be the villain!

Seriously though, Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan.
Mirror Sulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2013, 07:05 PM   #294
Saul
Rear Admiral

Mirror Sulu wrote: View Post
Cause they are full of Sh7t
They're full of Shat?
I knew Shatner would be the villain!

Seriously though, how do you know that?
Old February 25 2013, 07:20 PM   #295
Christopher
Writer

Saul wrote: View Post
Umm, because we know his character is named John Harrison, and because two members of the film's cast have explicitly said he's not playing Khan. And we've never had anything but rumor, speculation, and wishful thinking to suggest that he was Khan, and it is never wise to trust rumors.

Old February 25 2013, 07:27 PM   #296
Saul
Rear Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
Umm, because we know his character is named John Harrison, and because two members of the film's cast have explicitly said he's not playing Khan. And we've never had anything but rumor, speculation, and wishful thinking to suggest that he was Khan, and it is never wise to trust rumors.
Cast members have stated it was Gary Mitchell too so anything they say is fact and is in no way playing with people's expectations then is it???
Old February 25 2013, 08:57 PM   #297
Christopher
Writer

^Burden of proof. We have several pieces of evidence pointing to not-Khan. We had only one statement from a cast member suggesting Gary Mitchell, with no corroboration. We have zero evidence pointing to Khan, because rumors are not evidence. Given a choice between multiple conflicting hypotheses, the one that has several corroborating pieces of evidence (including the actual name of the character in official press releases, for gods' sake) is obviously preferable over one that has only a single unsubstantiated claim or one that has nothing but rumor to support it.

Old February 25 2013, 09:22 PM   #298
Franklin
Rear Admiral

^Burden of proof. We have several pieces of evidence pointing to not-Khan. We had only one statement from a cast member suggesting Gary Mitchell, with no corroboration. We have zero evidence pointing to Khan, because rumors are not evidence. Given a choice between multiple conflicting hypotheses, the one that has several corroborating pieces of evidence (including the actual name of the character in official press releases, for gods' sake) is obviously preferable over one that has only a single unsubstantiated claim or one that has nothing but rumor to support it.
Rumors of Khan aside, I keep coming back to those Starfleet sideburns Cumberbatch has. OK, you can put a uniform on Khan, it was done in "Space Seed", but the sideburns? How are those explained? He was given a uniform and a haircut? They're more regulation TOS Starfleet than Pine's are, for crying out loud.

Further, I agree, denials have to be believed until real evidence points the other way. It's all rumor, and those are fun, but they don't count.
Old February 25 2013, 09:24 PM   #299
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Franklin wrote: View Post

Rumors of Khan aside, I keep coming back to those Starfleet sideburns Cumberbatch has. OK, you can put a uniform on Khan, it was done in "Space Seed", but the sideburns? How are those explained? He was given a uniform and a haircut? They're more regulation TOS Starfleet than Pine's are, for crying out loud.

Further, denials have to be believed until real evidence points the other way. There just isn't any.
I believe he's connected to Khan somehow...
Old February 25 2013, 09:34 PM   #300
Franklin
Rear Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post

Further, denials have to be believed until real evidence points the other way. There just isn't any.
I believe he's connected to Khan somehow...
I believe that, too, as I've posted several times. But I don't think he's from the Botany Bay.