Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 19 2013, 03:44 AM   #1
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Halo: Foward unto Dawn

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I didn't see a post about it.

Has anyone seen the movie "Halo: Foward unto Dawn" recently?

I'll be honest and say that I love the Halo series, but I've only played the 1st two games (due to having an enourmously powerful PC and no X-Box )

But I have been waiting for a Halo movie since District 9 came out. When I heard Peter Jackson was attached to it, I almost soiled my pants.

Anyway, I caught this particular movie on iTunes, and I freakin' loved it. The first 10 mins are great. It's kind of slow for about 1hr, and the last 30 mins are all kinds of kick ass.

They did a great job making it, and I hope this means that a high budget Halo movie will be a reality soon
Old January 19 2013, 04:56 AM   #2
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Halo: Foward unto Dawn

I didn't find it very interesting aside from the 10 minutes or so of live action Master Chief in combat. That part was good. But I've always found the Halo story most interesting when it stars M.C. and Cortana, not anyone else.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 06:58 AM   #3
JD
Admiral

I watched it as it was released as a webseries, and I really enjoyed it. I've only played the first two Halos so I can't judge how it ties into the wide Halo-verse.
Old January 20 2013, 02:59 AM   #4
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Yeah I was surprised there were no threads on this, I was shocked that it was actually good, its very highly rated on imdb and other places. I watched it originally as a web series, since that's where all the good stuff seems to be these days.

The bluray has 15 min of extra footage.

RAMA
Old January 20 2013, 03:22 AM   #5
ATimson
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I watched it as it was released as a webseries, and I really enjoyed it. I've only played the first two Halos so I can't judge how it ties into the wide Halo-verse.
One of the cadets is a major character in Halo 4, but it doesn't really tie into any of the earlier material.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote