Star Trek convention with Creation Limited questions?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Steven321, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Steven321

Steven321 Ensign Red Shirt

I was looking through some of the Star Trek conventions via Creation Limited, and I'm planning on going to one sometime this year or next year, but I have a few questions for anyone who has been to them!

I've been told that the Star Trek Sci-Fi Summit is the best one to go to (ideally I'll go to anyone that has the majority of the TNG cast (Stewart,Frakes,Spiner etc). So is that one really the best one to go to for the sort of ultimate Star Trek convention? And is it every year in February?

The best chance I will have of going to one this year is in San Fran in November, with Frakes and Shatner being confirmed so far, but would it be better to wait until next year for the Star Trek Summit?

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I'm afraid I can't help you with that specific question, I've only been to a local Creation con and the Las Vegas con. They are expensive, but a lot of fun.

I'd just keep an eye on the guest lists, then get tickets to the one that meets most of your interests. The ticket options are released throughout the process of announcing guests...so unless you really want the most expensive packages, you have time to make decisions.

Have fun!

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

We have been to tons of Creation events, including the one in San Francisco in November.

The Summit will be bigger, with non-Trek actors there. I understand the TNG cast is going to appear together onstage during that event.

The San Francisco one will probably (I don't know for sure) be just Star Trek, and since we already had our TNG Anniversary con last year, I imagine it would be actors from many different series. The guest lists on these things can change up to the last minute.

Creation Cons are very good, and very bad. They are good in the sense that they are professional and pretty well organized. You have a lot of different options as to the experience you want to have: seating, autographs, photo ops, etc. and a lot of different pricing options.

They do, at times, have an assembly-line feel to them. Things seem rushed, and impersonal. Most actors are great, a few don't even acknowledge you are there. A Creation Con is like going to a restaurant that serves really good food, but every course costs something extra, and so do the cups, knives, forks, etc.

Still, if you have the money to spend, you get a pretty cool experience and hopefully a few nice souvenirs.

[​IMG]

:techman: