Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 15 2013, 04:04 AM   #1
Steven321
Ensign

Star Trek convention with Creation Limited questions?

I was looking through some of the Star Trek conventions via Creation Limited, and I'm planning on going to one sometime this year or next year, but I have a few questions for anyone who has been to them!

I've been told that the Star Trek Sci-Fi Summit is the best one to go to (ideally I'll go to anyone that has the majority of the TNG cast (Stewart,Frakes,Spiner etc). So is that one really the best one to go to for the sort of ultimate Star Trek convention? And is it every year in February?

The best chance I will have of going to one this year is in San Fran in November, with Frakes and Shatner being confirmed so far, but would it be better to wait until next year for the Star Trek Summit?
Steven321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Shanndee
Commodore

Re: Star Trek convention with Creation Limited questions?

I'm afraid I can't help you with that specific question, I've only been to a local Creation con and the Las Vegas con. They are expensive, but a lot of fun.

I'd just keep an eye on the guest lists, then get tickets to the one that meets most of your interests. The ticket options are released throughout the process of announcing guests...so unless you really want the most expensive packages, you have time to make decisions.

Have fun!

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Star Trek convention with Creation Limited questions?

We have been to tons of Creation events, including the one in San Francisco in November.

The Summit will be bigger, with non-Trek actors there. I understand the TNG cast is going to appear together onstage during that event.

The San Francisco one will probably (I don't know for sure) be just Star Trek, and since we already had our TNG Anniversary con last year, I imagine it would be actors from many different series. The guest lists on these things can change up to the last minute.

Creation Cons are very good, and very bad. They are good in the sense that they are professional and pretty well organized. You have a lot of different options as to the experience you want to have: seating, autographs, photo ops, etc. and a lot of different pricing options.

They do, at times, have an assembly-line feel to them. Things seem rushed, and impersonal. Most actors are great, a few don't even acknowledge you are there. A Creation Con is like going to a restaurant that serves really good food, but every course costs something extra, and so do the cups, knives, forks, etc.

Still, if you have the money to spend, you get a pretty cool experience and hopefully a few nice souvenirs.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote