USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old January 8 2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Kevin W.
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Kevin W.
Kevin W.'s sports art emporium

One of my hobbies, on par with science fiction, is sports uniform design. I can't draw a logo for shit but what I can do is whip up a uniform using existing logos, and it's something I like to do a lot. I'm posting this here, of course, instead of the Fan Art forum since that forum does say it's specifically devoted to Star Trek-related art.

My most recent project, which I've started in celebration of the NHL's lockout being over, is a conversion of the entire league into a Nike league. For those of you unaware, the NHL has an exclusive contract with Reebok through which Reebok manufactures the uniforms for every team in the NHL.

While some teams have made out pretty well under the Reebok license, some have not. Observe:

Good:

Montreal Canadiens

Bad:

St. Louis Blues

And thus, I have decided to Nike-fy the entire NHL. Some teams will feature significant changes, while others will be minor. With each team, I'll include their current uniforms for comparison.

First up, my team, the Chicago Blackhawks.

The changes to the Blackhawks are not particularly significant since (for those of you unaware) the Blackhawks' uniforms are widely considered to be one of the best in North American sports, period. I figured I'd get one of the easy ones out of the way first.

All thanks to The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database for the RL images.
Old January 8 2013, 05:14 PM   #2
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Re: Kevin W.'s sports art emporium

Nice work. Did you replace the black with gray, or is this a case of dark gray for black to make the lines stand out more?

Do you also post over at Sportslogos.net (CCSLC)? I only lurk there, but I look in there quite a bit.
Old January 8 2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Kevin W.
Commander

I was a member at the CCSLC but I was banned a couple of years ago. It's a long story.
Old January 9 2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Kevin W.
Commander

Also, that is the Blackhawks' official Pantone black, while the lines of the jersey are standard #000000 black.
Old January 17 2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Kevin W.
Commander

Here are teams #2 and #3, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Vancouver Canucks.

What I've done is taken their current alternate uniform, which is a 1967 throwback, and made it the primary, and then added the away variation. The '67 uniform is the one they wore the last time they won the Stanley Cup and it's much better than their current uniform.

Next is the Canucks. I've made some subtle adjustments to their current uniforms, including standardizing the striping, adding a bit more green and adding the V in the sleeve stripes from their original uniforms, which I always thought was a cool feature.