RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,694
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 471
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 12 2013, 06:58 AM   #1
propita
Rear Admiral

Just noticed something in "The Great Race"

In the ballroom scene, where Jack Lemmon is playing the role of Crown Prince Frederick, he begins dancing with a fetching young woman. But in an cut or two later, he's visible behind Leslie, and he's dancing with a guy in uniform. Then dancing again with the original woman in subsequent cuts.

I had never noticed that.

Great movie--basically for Lemmon and Falk.

Anybody suddenly notice something in a movie they had seen many times?

Last edited by propita; January 12 2013 at 07:35 AM.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 07:45 AM   #2
sojourner
Admiral

Re: Just noticed something in "The Great Race"

I was watching the same movie tonight. I noticed during the beginning of the pie fight scene you could hear the sound of a still camera taking photos. Probably for publicity stills.
Old January 12 2013, 07:45 PM   #3
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Just noticed something in "The Great Race"

propita wrote: View Post
In the ballroom scene, where Jack Lemmon is playing the role of Crown Prince Frederick, he begins dancing with a fetching young woman. But in an cut or two later, he's visible behind Leslie, and he's dancing with a guy in uniform. Then dancing again with the original woman in subsequent cuts.

I had never noticed that.
I don't remember that, either (but you're apparently not the only one to have spotted it.) I'll have to look out for it next time.

propita wrote: View Post
Great movie--basically for Lemmon and Falk.
Also for Natalie Wood, Larry Storch, the swordfight between Tony Curtis and Ross Martin ("So, until another day, Mr. Leslie, please excuse me - I have a boat waiting”), pie fight, etc., etc. It's one of my favorites.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote