Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 29 2013, 12:57 AM   #91
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: "Best of both Worlds" - Special Bluray Release

^That looks absolutely stunning. I think I would buy something like that just for the cover alone.

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 01:30 AM   #92
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
^That looks absolutely stunning. I think I would buy something like that just for the cover alone.
Thanks! I'll probably be making a custom cover along these lines (if they don't change the existing artwork) and I'll post it here as a full res PNG for anyone who wants to use it.
Old January 29 2013, 03:53 AM   #93
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Lance wrote: View Post
And me. It isn't even really Locutus, is it? It's obviously a generic photo of Stewart-as-Picard (possibly even just a photo of Stewart-as-Stewart!) that has had a Borg implant (poorly) photoshopped on top of it.
It's a season two promo pic of Picard. The same one, I believe, that they used for advertizing the Fathom screenings.
Tosk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 06:10 AM   #94
Lance
Commodore

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Tiberius wrote: View Post
I gotta agree.
And me. It isn't even really Locutus, is it? It's obviously a generic photo of Stewart-as-Picard (possibly even just a photo of Stewart-as-Stewart!) that has had a Borg implant (poorly) photoshopped on top of it. Fail.

I'm really looking forward to this release, but that cover art is terrible.
They should have gone with something simpler, like this:

This is terrific. Just infinitely better than that crude Locutus mugshot. Nice work!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 07:57 AM   #95
Tiberius
Commodore

I gotta agree.
And me. It isn't even really Locutus, is it? It's obviously a generic photo of Stewart-as-Picard (possibly even just a photo of Stewart-as-Stewart!) that has had a Borg implant (poorly) photoshopped on top of it. Fail.

I'm really looking forward to this release, but that cover art is terrible. Good thing I'm buying it for the contents not the packaging.

Looks great, but shouldn't those orange bits be green?
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 09:05 AM   #96
R. Star
Rear Admiral

^
Epic. This was before the Borg were associated with the puke green glow anyways, so it's cool in my book.
Old January 29 2013, 09:49 AM   #97
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

I'm really looking forward to this release, but that cover art is terrible. Good thing I'm buying it for the contents not the packaging.

I thought I saw more orange in the episode rather than Green. Also, this could be before the cube explodes.

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 12:46 PM   #98
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
^
Epic. This was before the Borg were associated with the puke green glow anyways, so it's cool in my book.
Nah, they were green in Q Who!

Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 07:52 PM   #99
Jeyl
Commodore

In Star Trek, anything that opposes the Federation is green. I welcome a non-green cover.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 07:53 PM   #100
Jeyl
Commodore

Oh, man. I'm saving this man. I'm saving this.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 11:58 PM   #101
RAMA
Vice Admiral

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Sorry, but that BOBW cover art looks horrendous! It looks like something a fan could have made on photoshop. Fingers crossed they change it before the release date.

Nah, the simple shot of Locutus on the cover pretty much says it all. Its the Picard angle picked up in Family and First Contact, very appropriate.

RAMA
Old January 30 2013, 01:43 AM   #102
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post

I thought I saw more orange in the episode rather than Green. Also, this could be before the cube explodes.
True, you could view it as the cube just beginning to explode from the inside and I sort of noticed that as I was making it, so I welcome that interpretation... but initially, I was trying to match the original internal lighting scheme of the miniature from this episode:

The DP, Marvin Rush seemed to use yellow as his Borg color of choice at this point in the series:

Old January 30 2013, 02:02 AM   #103
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

RAMA wrote: View Post
AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Sorry, but that BOBW cover art looks horrendous! It looks like something a fan could have made on photoshop. Fingers crossed they change it before the release date.

Nah, the simple shot of Locutus on the cover pretty much says it all. Its the Picard angle picked up in Family and First Contact, very appropriate.

RAMA
I don't think he's objecting to the use of Lucutus on the cover... he's objecting to how they went about it, i.e. using a season two publicity still of Stewart as Picard, then pasting on the Borg implants in Photoshop.

I wasn't originally going to share this, but my initial stab at this was to try and use a real image of Locutus on the cover, but I just abandoned it:

Old January 31 2013, 05:29 AM   #104
Mott the barber
Commodore

Aatrek wrote: View Post
Mott the barber wrote: View Post
Falcor5 wrote: View Post
I hope they are going to have of least some special features about BOBW on the season three set. Would be strange to completely ignore the most popular episode of TNG on the actual season 3 set and to only get features if you pay more for the separate release.
Based on what I've read, I think they are, it's just that there is one additional extra feature exclusive to the BOBW set.
According to TrekCore: The special release will come with its very own exclusive set of Borg-themed special features, including a featurette, all new audio commentary and gag reel. These features are set to be exclusive to this disc, and because of the feature-length nature of the edit, the audio commentary won't be split over the Season 3 and 4 sets.
Well, looks like I'll be getting both sets.....
Old January 31 2013, 11:59 PM   #105
GameOn
Lieutenant Commander

Mott the barber wrote: View Post
Well, looks like I'll be getting both sets.....
Me too, I don't mind it for Best of Both Worlds because it saves having to swap discs from 2 different season sets. I hope they don't make a habit of it though and I have no interest in separate releases with exclusive extras for other 2 part episodes. I can see them maybe doing it again for All Good Things though.
GameOn is offline   Reply With Quote