Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old February 22 2013, 05:56 AM   #31
8of5
Fleet Captain

View 8of5's Twitter Profile
Re: On Board the USS Enterprise

Sho wrote: View Post
BTW, before Perpetual ran out of money and sold their Star Trek Online license to Cryptic, they had contracted Andrew Probert to design new, additional (vs. the show) Galaxy-class interiors for their version of the game. Mr. Probert later put the concept art he did for them on his website. There was some really neat stuff in there, I would have loved to see CG renders of that material. Sadly it no longer seems to be online now - does anyone have a backup?
I posted one of those on my blog, best of the bunch, cetacean ops! TrekCore has a gallery with them all though. There were some really nice ideas in those designs. I love the giant head in the archaeology department!
Old February 22 2013, 08:49 PM   #32
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Surprised to see it in the mail last night!
Old February 22 2013, 08:50 PM   #33
RAMA
Vice Admiral

8of5 wrote: View Post
Sho wrote: View Post
BTW, before Perpetual ran out of money and sold their Star Trek Online license to Cryptic, they had contracted Andrew Probert to design new, additional (vs. the show) Galaxy-class interiors for their version of the game. Mr. Probert later put the concept art he did for them on his website. There was some really neat stuff in there, I would have loved to see CG renders of that material. Sadly it no longer seems to be online now - does anyone have a backup?
I posted one of those on my blog, best of the bunch, cetacean ops! TrekCore has a gallery with them all though. There were some really nice ideas in those designs. I love the giant head in the archaeology department!
Im still hoping its on the CDROM..havent looked yet.
Old February 22 2013, 09:45 PM   #34
Smitty
Lieutenant Commander

Just got it, initial impression is not that high. CD-ROM very limited in my opinion. I see why they used a CD-ROM, not much content (102 MB). The authors are major authorities in Star Trek stuff such as this, I think it could have been more. I will look deeper into the book later.
Old February 23 2013, 03:47 AM   #35
JD
Admiral

In the tour are you actually walking around the ship or is it just videos and/or stills?
Old February 23 2013, 05:10 AM   #36
Smitty
Lieutenant Commander

Stationary sit and spins with hot spots to other POV within a given area. Small number of areas as well. No videos. Implemented using FlashPanoramic and html. Which means you can move it off CD to your local.
Old February 24 2013, 02:49 AM   #37
JD
Admiral

Meh. Not really interested then.
Old February 25 2013, 12:08 AM   #38
SonicRanger
Rear Admiral

Recreating in CGI only what we've seen before and existed in real life is unforgivable. We had this with the Interactive Technical Manual -- the exam same sets -- because they had real photography of the actual sets. Now they are doing the same thing with CGI replicas. Why? Use CGI to show us what we didn't see and what didn't exist. The main shuttlebay, Cetacean Ops, the malls and lounges that Probert envisioned, etc.
Old March 17 2013, 11:23 AM   #39
Pixel
Commander

View Pixel's Twitter Profile

I just posted my review of this on my site last night... you can read the full thing, or just know that coming from the Okudas who have been with Trek for decades and have unprecedented access, this is unforgivably shoddy.

http://www.geekchocolate.co.uk/index...ooks&Itemid=59