RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,119
Posts: 5,400,936
Members: 24,742
Currently online: 504
Newest member: Gakimer

TrekToday headlines

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 6 2013, 01:23 AM   #1
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain
 
Dale Sams's Avatar
 
Course: Oblivion

The real Voyager/Starfleet are going to have a hell of a mystery on their hands someday when their entire voyage is put together and races that the fake crew met start chiming in about their fantastic adventures too.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Course: Oblivion

So you think that the Demon Planet only made one crew and one ship?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Melakon
Vice Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave, Ekos
Re: Course: Oblivion

The Demon Planet could contain thousands of Neelix duplicates.
__________________
Moe: I'll take the blonde!
Larry: I'll take the brunette!
Curly: I'll take the Black and Tan!
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 02:30 AM   #4
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Course: Oblivion

There could be thousands, millions of Voyagers making it/their way home to earth, and most of them are not going to make it, and how do we know that the first Voyager that got home was the "real" Voyager?

From week to week how do we kow that we were following the same Voyager?

Isn't it impossible that they always won?

If we were only seeing the Quicksilver victories, wouldn't it have been just as fair to see all the catastrophic Quicksilver Voyager losses?

It'd be like Kenny in South Park, or the Voyager episode Coda, or even Relativity with how the ship kept blowing up...
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain
 
Dale Sams's Avatar
 
Re: Course: Oblivion

So after reading around a bit, I understand this episode being polarizing with the fanbase...with those hating it saying "Who cares? What was the point?" (Personally i loved it)

But the NEXT ep, "The Fight". Holy crap that stunk. Now that was a pointless POS.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Course: Oblivion

Chakotay got beat up.

That's like porn to some of us.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:19 AM   #7
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Course: Oblivion

The Fight may be the worst modern Star Trek episode. Or it's one of them because it certainly stinks more than a pile of elephant shit. Course Oblivion is a sequel to one of the worst POS episodes ever Demons. But it's also one of Voyager's best eppies. C:O rocks!
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:04 PM   #8
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: Course: Oblivion

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
The real Voyager/Starfleet are going to have a hell of a mystery on their hands someday when their entire voyage is put together and races that the fake crew met start chiming in about their fantastic adventures too.
I wonder if that may explain some of Voyager's discontinuities - we were watching the duplicates!

(FWIW, one of the duplicate-Voyager missions Chakopy described bore a striking resemblance to the novel Battle Lines, although the name of the race that tried to conscript Voyager was different)
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:07 PM   #9
jpch
Commander
 
jpch's Avatar
 
Location: Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
Re: Course: Oblivion

lol
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:59 PM   #10
Ln X
Fleet Captain
 
Ln X's Avatar
 
Location: The great gig in the sky
Re: Course: Oblivion

Voyager slaps continuity in the face and rapes it... End of story... By all rights Voyager shouldn't even exist given how the series showed more than a dozen temporal alterations...
__________________
Star Trek: The Approaching Shadow...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 06:09 PM   #11
jpch
Commander
 
jpch's Avatar
 
Location: Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
Re: Course: Oblivion

Ln X wrote: View Post
Voyager slaps continuity in the face and rapes it... End of story... By all rights Voyager shouldn't even exist given how the series showed more than a dozen temporal alterations...
Another hater,go away
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:06 PM   #12
Ln X
Fleet Captain
 
Ln X's Avatar
 
Location: The great gig in the sky
Re: Course: Oblivion

jpch wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
Voyager slaps continuity in the face and rapes it... End of story... By all rights Voyager shouldn't even exist given how the series showed more than a dozen temporal alterations...
Another hater,go away
What??? You've got it all wrong! I really like Voyager and I've seen the whole series at least four times. But its continuity is all over the place hence my comment but it's still a blast to watch. Continuity is VOY's biggest flaw but it doesn't detract that much from the time-travelling / time-altering episodes.
__________________
Star Trek: The Approaching Shadow...

Caption contest: DS9
Ln X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain
 
Dale Sams's Avatar
 
Re: Course: Oblivion

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Dale Sams wrote: View Post
The real Voyager/Starfleet are going to have a hell of a mystery on their hands someday when their entire voyage is put together and races that the fake crew met start chiming in about their fantastic adventures too.
I wonder if that may explain some of Voyager's discontinuities - we were watching the duplicates!

(FWIW, one of the duplicate-Voyager missions Chakopy described bore a striking resemblance to the novel Battle Lines, although the name of the race that tried to conscript Voyager was different)
Heh. when I heard him say that line, I was like..."That sounds like a good episode!"
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 08:27 PM   #14
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
Re: Course: Oblivion

jpch wrote: View Post
Ln X wrote: View Post
Voyager slaps continuity in the face and rapes it... End of story... By all rights Voyager shouldn't even exist given how the series showed more than a dozen temporal alterations...
Another hater,go away
The true sign of our undying love for VOY is a willingness to accept it in its whole, numerous flaws and all

C:O always struck me, from first time I saw it, as one of the most truly tragic and moving stories of VOY. Perhaps in Trek canon.

(patiently waits for flak)
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 09:51 PM   #15
JirinPanthosa
Commodore
 
Re: Course: Oblivion

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

It'd be like Kenny in South Park, or the Voyager episode Coda, or even Relativity with how the ship kept blowing up...
Kenny's dying was actually explained recently. I was kind of hilarious, Kenny can talk normally when he's in his Mysterion costume, and it's a hilarious shock in like the 14th season or so, Kenny suddenly declares "I have a real power...I...can't...die! And then, when I wake up in my own bed the next morning, nobody can remember I died!"

That episode ends with Kenny saying "Well, I'm tired, I'm going to bed" and shooting himself in the head.

Maybe it's like that in Voyager, actually. How like 20 crew members die then there aren't any less people on board next count. All those crew members are actually coming back to life and nobody can remember they died.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.