Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old January 5 2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Kevin W.
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Kevin W.
Remington class

I'm currently in a bit of a rut. As part of restarting my work on Star Trek: Remington, I'm redesigning the Remington class. Here's where it stands so far. Keep in mind that raster images represent the limit of my abilities right now.

I have artist's block. I just don't know where to go from here. I need that bit of inspiration to get the project moving forward again. Where should I go from here?
Old January 5 2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Darkwing
Commodore

Re: Remington class

What's the point of this design? What's it's role? What does it need to fill that purpose?
Answer that, and that may help.
Old January 5 2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Avon
Fleet Captain

enterprise e with a fat saucer.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 03:23 AM   #4
Wingsley
Commodore

What is the size, classification, and fleet role of this space vessel? Can we assume from the title of your project that this is a Federation starship-of-the-line? If so, is this a front-line (deep space) vessel? What era in time? What is its crew makeup? What is its mission? How is the vessel equipped, and what are its capacities/capabilities? What kind of story is it involved in?
Old January 6 2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Kevin W.
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Kevin W.

If my math is right, and I'm not sure since I seem to have misplaced the measurements, it's about 585 meters long and 96 meters in height.

One thing to keep in mind is that the universe my story (which starts in 2383) takes place in is not the standard Trek universe. It's a parallel universe in which Starfleet is a tiny bit more military. In fact, it's explicitly identified as the naval branch of the Federation Armed Forces. It's still a science vessel, first and foremost, though. In essence, it is kind of to the Sovereign what the Nova is to the Intrepid, thus the similarities in appearance.
Old January 13 2013, 09:56 PM   #6
JES
Captain

I think the best way I could assist you at this point, short of trying to do some sketches to refine your design, or give you some more ideas of where you might want to go with this, would be to link you these two pages:
This shows concept sketches for what became the Sovereign class:http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/1701-e.html
And this page shows concept art for what became the Nova class: http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/equinox.html

These two starship classes possess many of the characteristics of the Sovereign class. It is my hope that by the time you are done looking through the concept images and perhaps done reading the design processes of these two fine vessels, like me, you will have succumbed to the urge to start sketching out ideas in your head, and of course have found design elements you would like to incorporate into the Remington.

If your good enough at sketching, perhaps that is what you should do afterwards to help yourself explore whatever ideas you might get.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote