Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old February 4 2013, 10:06 PM   #46
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: F1 2013 Championship

Well only 2 seats are left up for graps for this year, one at Force India the other with Marussia.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 05:12 AM   #47
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

There's a rumour out there that Paul di Resta posted a welcome to Senna as his new teammate on Twitter, which was quickly removed. I didn't see it myself, so no idea whether it's true. Surprised more people haven't picked up on it though; maybe the news sites have been told not to report on it?

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 01:05 PM   #48
MacLeod
Admiral

^I've seen reports that Senna is suspected to be his teammate. But Force India aren't exactly known for their speedy confirmation of who their drivers are. After all Di Resta whilst rumoured to be driving for Force India it was only really confirmed at the Launch of this years car.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old February 5 2013, 01:18 PM   #49
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

If he really did make that tweet, though, then it's almost certainly going to be Senna.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old February 6 2013, 11:39 PM   #50
Lonemagpie
Writer

Aston Martin have just announced Bruno Senna is their new racing driver, so he's out of F1 altogether, and not partnering Paul Di Resta at Force India. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVJAruSmlZw

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Lonemagpie
Writer

Looks like Sutil is coming back to Force India...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21457653

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2013, 07:10 PM   #52
MacLeod
Admiral

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21508634

Looks like Williams and Caterham have a mid of modification to do there cars, as the area around their exhausts have been deemed illigal by the FIA.
Old February 28 2013, 03:25 PM   #53
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Anyone else watching the live testing?

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old February 28 2013, 04:46 PM   #54
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

I've been vaguely following the text updates on the BBC.

It looks like it should be a fun season: my gut instinct is that Ferrari will be the strongest package and if I was a betting man, my money would be on Alonso right now. But I'm certain the McLaren, Red Bull, and Lotus will all be there or thereabouts. I also reckon Williams might spring a couple of surprise wins this year.

I think Hamilton won't end up being as fast over the season as some of his pre-season times have suggested, but he may sneak a win in anyway.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2013, 06:46 PM   #55
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

McLaren-Honda in 2015? Hmm.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old March 16 2013, 03:29 PM   #56
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Well, that was a waste of a morning.

Going to have to skip watching Q2/Q3 I think, seeing as I only had two hours of sleep last night and have too much going on today to be able to squeeze in a power nap. The only way I could get to see both the quali and the race live is if I try to catch a few of hours sleep from the end of Q3 to halfway through the build-up (which means I run the risk of oversleeping and missing some or all of the race), or if I try to stay up from now until the end of the race (which normally wouldn't be too difficult, but there's no way I can manage that with only two hours of sleep in preparation).

Ahhhh the fun of watching broadcasts from funny time zones!

Hopefully there won't be any more thunderstorms tomorrow (unless Sky decide to hire out a generator for their OB truck and put a big UPS in the commentary box).

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old March 16 2013, 03:46 PM   #57
Avon
Fleet Captain

or you could watch the bbc version later and not give money to rupert murdoch (unless you're stealing it through the internet, in which case well done)

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2013, 04:59 PM   #58
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

...yeah, but then I'd just be yet another one of those pretentious anti-Sky robots who bashes anything that they put their name to (even if it's awesome), all in the name of fighting that 'evil' capitalism (or for some other rubbish 'cause' that nobody cares about).

More importantly, DC gets on my nerves (even when he's not in Red Bull fanboy mode), and he drags Ben (who is a bit hit or miss IMO, but awesome when at his best) down with him.

Anyway, apparently the BBC have a quali show on at 5 AM-ish. Guess I could watch that instead of the Sky build-up (I rarely pay attention to build-up anyway unless there's some controversy going on that's still breaking news, or that I don't already know about), and then switch back to Sky, hopefully just in time for the race.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old March 16 2013, 05:58 PM   #59
Avon
Fleet Captain

my parents used to watch f1 when it was on itv whilst listening to the 5live radio commentary because they hated james allen. it did mean occasional cricket update interruptions as well as the adverts. crazy system.

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2013, 06:11 PM   #60
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

James Allen was just awful, but still nowhere near as bad as Legard!

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999