RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,660
Members: 24,815
Currently online: 429
Newest member: AlphaZero

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old June 23 2013, 02:25 PM   #151
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: F1 2013 Championship

Though I suspect that the grid for the British GP will be much the same as it has been for the last few races, with Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull taking up the first six spots. Unless Lotus or Force India can upset the mix. Unless McLaren have a major update that will improve their car for Silverstone.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 03:19 PM   #152
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Well, that wasn't exactly a classic Le Mans was it?

RIP Allan Simonsen

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 04:24 PM   #153
Avon
Fleet Captain

thought that renault 2014 sounded like the indycar turbo engines but somehow even blander :/

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 05:37 PM   #154
MacLeod
Admiral

Rumour has it Red Bull are threatening to test

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...stgate-ruling-

If Red Bull think they would escape with only a reprimand they are deluding themselves.

If they did and I were the FIA I would throw the book at them, for blatantly breaking the rules. With the recent Mercedes and Pierelli rulling the FIA were partially found to be a t fault hence why they are paying a third of the costs. This would not be the case if Red Bull did a test.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old June 24 2013, 09:47 PM   #155
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

They're throwing their toys out of the pram as usual. BUTTHURT LOL

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old June 27 2013, 09:42 AM   #156
Pingfah
Admiral

Webber OUT of F1 at the end of the season
Old June 27 2013, 11:10 AM   #157
MacLeod
Admiral

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108

Can't say that I'm surprised really, given the incidents that Webber and Vettel have had over the years and hpow RBR have treat Webber at times.

The question is who replaces him?

Kimi
One of the Toro Rosso drivers
Who else is there really? Di Resta perhaps
Old June 27 2013, 12:00 PM   #158
Pingfah
Admiral

I'll put my money on Kimi.
Old June 27 2013, 01:25 PM   #159
MacLeod
Admiral

The question who then replaces Kimi at Lotus? I can't see Grosjean being the lead driver at Lotus he's made far too many mistakes as is lucky still to have a race seat. So who in the field could replace Kimi at Lotus.?
Old June 27 2013, 01:39 PM   #160
ITL
Vice Admiral

If Vettel has any say on who replaces Webber, I don't think he'd welcome Kimi's competition and wouldn't want him there. I'd like to see Kimi trounce him in the same car, though.
Old June 27 2013, 01:46 PM   #161
Pingfah
Admiral

Hmm, I would hope "you can't get him, he's too good" would not be an acceptable demand to Red Bull. They need the best driver in the car, the amounts of money and prestige on offer to the company for good performance are surely too great to allow compromise on that point.

I hope.
Old June 27 2013, 01:53 PM   #162
ITL
Vice Admiral

Oh, absolutely.
Old June 27 2013, 01:54 PM   #163
MacLeod
Admiral

We shall see, but the silly season starts now. So the talking point perhaps until the end of the season is which driver will take the one open slot in a top team.
Old June 27 2013, 02:59 PM   #164
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Tbh Webber going to Porsche has been known for months, so I'm not surprised at all. Hopefully he'll have better luck at Le Mans with Porsche than he did with Mercedes LOL

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Old June 28 2013, 12:40 AM   #165
arch101
Fleet Captain

ANYPLACE where they aren't totally in over-the-top love with Vettel will be better for Webber. Mark's gotta be sick sick sick of that guy and his stupid hat by now!