Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old December 22 2012, 03:39 PM   #16
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: How would you have written Kim

KIM: What about Captain Kirk? He fucked half the galaxy!

JANEWAY: *blank face*
Old December 22 2012, 09:38 PM   #17
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I don't think Voyager should have been NuBSG but it should have had cabin fever undertones that caused it to go further outside the boundaries of proper Starfleet behavior. Kim should have been the one to lead the charge of frustration with the prospect of seventy years of inescapable submission to one person. Being on Voyager should have seemed just as constraining to people as being stuck on a generation ship but the writers never explored that theme except for a handful of individual Paris episodes.

How can you do easily label someone a terrorist who didn't kill anyone and succeeded in freeing herself from perpetual slavery?
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 09:49 PM   #18
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
KIM: What about Captain Kirk? He fucked half the galaxy!

JANEWAY: *blank face*

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 09:52 PM   #19
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Captain, the Starfleet I joined was one where I'd have the freedom to lead my own personal life, I'd meet a lot of different people who I'd have the chance to know longer than a few days, and I'd have an opportunity for promotion and advancement. I could also leave whenever I wanted to, if I found out Starfleet wasn't for me.
Janeway:

"Mister Kim, I don't know what Starfleet you mistakenly thought you were joining, but what you just described bear no resemblance to the organization you in fact joined.

First off, where did you get the idea you could "leave whenever I wanted to?" You willingly entered into a service agreement prior to entering Starfleet Academy. Subsequent to your commission, you enter into to a certain number of years of service, and that term of service could be extended indefinably under certain limited circumstances, which our current situation meets. You were present in the briefing room when this matter was discussed and I can show you my log entry that invoked that clause in every member of this crew's agreements.

You knew ahead of time that service aboard a starship meant that your adorable "personal life" comes after the requirement of your duties.

This resent "adventure" on your part is proof that both Commander Chakotay and Lt. Commander Tuvok were correct in their evaluations of you, you're still not ready for promotion of any kind.

As far as advancement, I've place you on rotation for third watch bridge command officer, you want more? Earn it, get off your ass and cross train mister.

Dismissed."

:
T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 11:19 PM   #20
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Cross train?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2012, 11:30 PM   #21
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

A cross trainer is an exercise machine you can buy late at night because the infomercials tell you to.

Remember Picard in Parrallels asking to get some time in other departments to up skill and prove his value because Riker thought he sucked Donkeys?

Old December 23 2012, 12:05 AM   #22
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Merry Christmas wrote: View Post
JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Captain, the Starfleet I joined was one where I'd have the freedom to lead my own personal life, I'd meet a lot of different people who I'd have the chance to know longer than a few days, and I'd have an opportunity for promotion and advancement. I could also leave whenever I wanted to, if I found out Starfleet wasn't for me.
Janeway:

"Mister Kim, I don't know what Starfleet you mistakenly thought you were joining, but what you just described bear no resemblance to the organization you in fact joined.

First off, where did you get the idea you could "leave whenever I wanted to?" You willingly entered into a service agreement prior to entering Starfleet Academy. Subsequent to your commission, you enter into to a certain number of years of service, and that term of service could be extended indefinably under certain limited circumstances, which our current situation meets. You were present in the briefing room when this matter was discussed and I can show you my log entry that invoked that clause in every member of this crew's agreements.

You knew ahead of time that service aboard a starship meant that your adorable "personal life" comes after the requirement of your duties.

This resent "adventure" on your part is proof that both Commander Chakotay and Lt. Commander Tuvok were correct in their evaluations of you, you're still not ready for promotion of any kind.

As far as advancement, I've place you on rotation for third watch bridge command officer, you want more? Earn it, get off your ass and cross train mister.

Dismissed."

:
That is probably the correct response from Janeway, but don't you think the show would have been more interesting and more true to the species if this service agreement that suddenly turned into a lifetime commitment to stifle your basic human drives started to wear a little more on this quarter-Maquis crew?

And in this Starfleet universe, during peace time, would anyone really be stopped from resigning to focus on family or a different career?

Even Adama and Roslin eventually relaxed regulations that didn't impact the fleet's survival to make life more bearable in extenuating circumstances.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 12:30 AM   #23
teacake
Admiral

I would so hate to be in Starfleet.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 23 2012, 01:09 AM   #24
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Tom was allowed to leave no questions asked.

Some questions were asked when Seska left, but not as many as you would think since the answer was always the same.

Old December 23 2012, 01:16 AM   #25
teacake
Admiral

With Tom and Harry the difference between your 18 year old announcing they are moving out and your 14 year old. You throw up your hands with one and expect them to return, extra grateful. With the other you expect them to make dumb mistakes until a huge fuck up and/or permanent impairment means you have to go rescue them.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 23 2012, 01:37 AM   #26
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Harry is almost 30 in that scene, (26, 27?) meanwhile I doubt that all of Tom's sentence had been commuted since Janeway hadn't bothered to fix up the Maquis or give the Equinox 5 a proper trial... Hell, Suder didn't even get a trial.

Confining people to quarters doesn't mean anything Janeway.

Old December 24 2012, 06:48 AM   #27
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Janeway: "Why don't you try the holodeck, Ensign? It works for other people. And don't be so picky. Humans come in two sexes, you know."

Next time Janeway visits Fairhaven, she sees Kim and Michael cozying up...

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2012, 07:02 AM   #28
teacake
Admiral

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

That's like sharing sex toys. It's unhealthy.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old December 24 2012, 07:12 AM   #29
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty sure that panty waist like Kim because of personal holodeck settings would have adjusted Michael to have a considerably smaller penis than he has when when Janeway unbuckles his pantaloons.

Old December 24 2012, 08:13 AM   #30
teacake
Admiral

That poor guy.. up and down like a balloon animal with Janeway and Kim swapping him back and forth.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne