A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old December 4 2012, 04:22 AM   #1
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

2012 Adventure Calendar

Every December the official DW website has a feature called the Adventure Calendar where, just like an advent calendar, they reveal something special each day from the 1st through Christmas Day. You can see the Adventure Calendar page here, and I'll be posting/linking here what they reveal each day. Since I'm starting this late I'm posting the first three days all at once.

Day 1: A 2-minute mini-featurette called "Jenna-Louise Coleman: Becoming the Companion".

Day 2: Five new wallpapers for this year's Christmas special, "The Snowmen". Wintry Wallpapers

Day 3: The first in a new series of videos where Steven Moffat discusses the history of the Daleks. He begins with their debut story, "The Daleks".

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4 2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Re: 2012 Adventure Calendar

Day 4: The second entry in Steven Moffat's Dalek retrospective video series. This time: "The Evil of the Daleks".

Link (No Youtube video yet.)
Old December 5 2012, 03:04 AM   #3
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Old December 5 2012, 03:44 AM   #4
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Day 5: A couple of "The Snowmen" image galleries and six new wallpapers.

Gallery 1 (episode stills)
Gallery 2 (promotional images)
Wallpapers

Last edited by Chris3123; December 5 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old December 5 2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

YouTube link for the second Dalek video (because I can never remember how to embed videos).

Interesting insight from Steven that Daleks have slowly gotten bigger and bigger model design and they're scarier when they're smaller. And yet, he's just as guilty of this: "Victory of the Daleks."

Looking through the gallery, I have to say it's really cool to see The Doctor in the period costume (complete with dodgy stovepipe hat!), especially having recently watched the entirety of Downton Abbey for the first time.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Worf2DS9
Writer

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Day 4: The second entry in Steven Moffat's Dalek retrospective video series. This time: "The Evil of the Daleks".

Link (No Youtube video yet.)
I'm actually surprised these vids are playable outside the UK (well, they are in Canada, anyway).

As for today's treat, I like the new pics/wallpapers. The second one would have been a good one to use as the "episode poster" artwork, since it has good shots of the Doctor and Clara, and also features the villains.

And I couldn't help but notice in that shot of the TARDIS in that pic with the Doctor & Vastra in what looks like a study, that it's showing signs of wear and tear - scrapes & dirt and such. Perhaps post-Amy the Doctor hasn't been in the mood to keep the old girl in tip-top shape.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 02:03 AM   #7
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

[ yt ] *Youtube video address* [ /yt ] (without the spaces)

Old December 6 2012, 03:04 AM   #8
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Elfin Mischievous Humbug wrote: View Post
YouTube link for the second Dalek video (because I can never remember how to embed videos).

Interesting insight from Steven that Daleks have slowly gotten bigger and bigger model design and they're scarier when they're smaller. And yet, he's just as guilty of this: "Victory of the Daleks."
Yeah. It's really weird that he'd say that considering the New Paradigm design that everyone hated from "Victory of the Daleks."

Now, when the Daleks were built slightly taller in the Eccleston/Tennant years, they at least had a very specific reason for it. It wasn't to make them scarier. It was just to put them at eye-level with Rose for her scenes with it in "Dalek."

Looking through the gallery, I have to say it's really cool to see The Doctor in the period costume (complete with dodgy stovepipe hat!), especially having recently watched the entirety of Downton Abbey for the first time.
Didn't Patrick Troughton wear a dodgy stovepipe hat in some of his earliest appearances? The transformation is nearly complete.
Old December 6 2012, 05:00 AM   #9
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Didn't Patrick Troughton wear a dodgy stovepipe hat in some of his earliest appearances? The transformation is nearly complete.
Yes, he did. That's why I'm so excited that Matt is wearing one!

Old December 6 2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I'm enjoying those Moffat videos. Makes me wonder, has there ever been an extended sit down interview with the man about his thoughts on DW, and writing?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Day 6: Doctor Who Christmas Quiz
Old December 7 2012, 11:16 AM   #12
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Whooo! 170 Pts!

Only missed the one question about the name of the baddie in this years Special.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old December 7 2012, 02:42 PM   #13
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Got 164 points and 1 question wrong. same question...seriously, I haven't heard Richard E. Grant's character name yet. *shrug*

Day 7: Jenna-Louise Coleman: Becoming the Companion, Part 2

No YouTube link yet that I can see.

Old December 7 2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Thankfully it doesn't look like the clip is region blocked.
Old December 7 2012, 03:48 PM   #15
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Yeah, I'm quite surprised by that. Unfortunately, my internet is somewhat slow right now so I'm going to have to wait for the YouTube link.