RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,371
Posts: 5,723,986
Members: 25,782
Currently online: 401
Newest member: GregroxMun

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek Uniform Laptop Bag And Fanny Pack
By: T'Bonz on May 26

Star Trek: The Fifty Year Mission
By: T'Bonz on May 26

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Koenig Joins Captain Pike Project
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Retro Review: Ex Post Facto
By: Michelle on May 22

Smallwood: Creating The Xindi
By: T'Bonz on May 21

Greenwood Joins O.J. Simpson Series
By: T'Bonz on May 21

The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast
By: T'Bonz on May 20


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 20 2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Frontier
Vice Admiral
 
Frontier's Avatar
 
Location: Fifth Circle of Hell, IE: Pennsylvania
View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

This might be grasping at straws (probably) but...

...That other kid in Iowa with kid Kirk. The one he passed on the road after stealing the car. The one that, really, should have been his older brother Sam but yet wasn't, because Sam doesn't seem to exist in the JJ-verse...

...kid Kirk called out to him. His name was Johnny.

Maybe... Johnny Harrison?

Could BC's big secret villain be Kirk's childhood friend/step-brother?/whatever??
__________________
Me on Tumblr
Me on Twitter

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Robert Maxwell
Knives Out, 24/7/365
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: NJ Chapter
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

That's not new. It's been floating about in various threads around here for the past couple days.

It doesn't seem all that likely.
__________________
Not affiliated with those other white knights. I'm the good kind.
I has a blag.
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 04:13 PM   #3
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: alt.nerd.obsessive.pic
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
That's not new. It's been floating about in various threads around here for the past couple days.

It doesn't seem all that likely.
Perhaps "Uncle Frank" was Frank Harrison and he was going to sell the Corvette to pay for young Johnny's schooling. When Kirk destroys it, he destroys Johnny's dreams of a better life and he vows revenge...
__________________
Self-appointed Knight of the Abrams Table! - Thanks Marsden!

Last edited by BillJ; December 20 2012 at 04:40 PM.
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Robert Maxwell
Knives Out, 24/7/365
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: NJ Chapter
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
That's not new. It's been floating about in various threads around here for the past couple days.

It doesn't seem all that likely.
Perhaps "Uncle Frank" was Frank Harrison and he was going to sell the Corvette to pay for young Johnny's schooling. When Kirk destroys it, he destroys Johnny's dreams of a better life and he vows revenge...
Or maybe he's the great-great-great-great-(etc.)-grandson of George Harrison. Ol' Johnny managed to get his hands on his ancestor's recording catalog and was making a nice mint selling digital downloads on Amazon. But then the Federation Pirate Party got a majority in the Council and managed to abolish copyright law, destroying John Harrison's fortunes overnight. Now, he's pissed, and he'll stop at nothing to promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.
__________________
Not affiliated with those other white knights. I'm the good kind.
I has a blag.
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
That's not new. It's been floating about in various threads around here for the past couple days.

It doesn't seem all that likely.
Perhaps "Uncle Frank" was Frank Harrison and he was going to sell the Corvette to pay for young Johnny's schooling. When Kirk destroys it, he destroys Johnny's dreams of a better life and he vows revenge...
Or maybe he's the great-great-great-great-(etc.)-grandson of George Harrison. Ol' Johnny managed to get his hands on his ancestor's recording catalog and was making a nice mint selling digital downloads on Amazon....
...And Kirk is a descendant of one of the "Chiffons", and he is taking it personally that John Harrison is making a lot of Money from ufpTunes sales of the plagiarized "My Sweet Lord".
(and quite coincidentally, my avatar seems to be related to this post -- but it is just a coincidence. I made that avatar back in '08.)
__________________
Walk into splintered sunlight;
Inch your way through
dead dreams to another land.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

No way.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 06:47 PM   #7
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

Frontier wrote: View Post
This might be grasping at straws (probably) but...

...That other kid in Iowa with kid Kirk. The one he passed on the road after stealing the car. The one that, really, should have been his older brother Sam but yet wasn't, because Sam doesn't seem to exist in the JJ-verse...

...kid Kirk called out to him. His name was Johnny.

Maybe... Johnny Harrison?
You might want to have a look at Oso Blanco's John = Johnny? thread.
__________________
One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie
is that a cat has only nine lives.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 07:17 PM   #8
TiberiusMaximus
Fleet Captain
 
TiberiusMaximus's Avatar
 
Location: A ship, a living ship, full of strange alien lifeforms.
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

I thought Kirk said, "Hey George!" as in George Samuel Kirk, Jr.
__________________
"Quite possibly, the five Jem'Hadar could turn Data into a collection of four spasming limbs, one helpless torso, and one head that shouts insults at them like the Black Knight from the Monty Python sketch." -Timo Saloniemi
TiberiusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 07:32 PM   #9
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: alt.nerd.obsessive.pic
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
I thought Kirk said, "Hey George!" as in George Samuel Kirk, Jr.
No, it's Johnny.
__________________
Self-appointed Knight of the Abrams Table! - Thanks Marsden!
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 08:47 PM   #10
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

The theme music for this thread should be by El DeBarge:

Who's Johnny:

__________________
Walk into splintered sunlight;
Inch your way through
dead dreams to another land.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 09:44 PM   #11
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

A week ago, I'd never heard of that song. Now it's like I'm seeing it crop up everywhere. Should I be worried?
__________________
One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie
is that a cat has only nine lives.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 09:44 PM   #12
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
I thought Kirk said, "Hey George!" as in George Samuel Kirk, Jr.
No, it was George Harrison
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 10:10 PM   #13
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
A week ago, I'd never heard of that song. Now it's like I'm seeing it crop up everywhere. Should I be worried?
Yes. Yes you should.

(I am. I still have nightmares from those years.)
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
A week ago, I'd never heard of that song. Now it's like I'm seeing it crop up everywhere. Should I be worried?
Where the heck were you during the 1980s?
__________________
Walk into splintered sunlight;
Inch your way through
dead dreams to another land.
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2012, 11:46 PM   #15
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Whacky New Theory I Just Read...

Jackson_Roykirk wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
A week ago, I'd never heard of that song. Now it's like I'm seeing it crop up everywhere. Should I be worried?
Where the heck were you during the 1980s?
Oh, I was around, and I do recall seeing El DeBarge's name. He just wasn't doing anything I was remotely interested in listening to. I'd also been working in rock radio from 1980 through the end of '84, and when I stopped doing that, I went completely away from mainstream stuff for several years - was listening mostly to classical music or folk-based stuff or sometimes to the acid jazz and house music getting airplay on KCRW at the time.
__________________
One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie
is that a cat has only nine lives.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.