Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old December 23 2012, 01:20 AM   #31
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: It's not just a new control room...

If that's true, fantastic! However, I am very curious to see how new fans (ranging all the way back to '05) will react. They've never seen such a thing and they might freak out.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 01:31 AM   #32
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Yep. From the GB thread on this:

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 02:24 AM   #33
The Wormhole
Admiral

You know, I was also hoping for Super Friends style star swipes, like there were in the credit sequences starting with Tom Baker's last year and throughout Peter Davison's run and Colin Baker's run. I always thought that was cool.
Old December 23 2012, 02:57 AM   #34
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Yep. From the GB thread on this:
Sounds promising. I can't wait to see it!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 04:51 AM   #35
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I liked the TARDIS/DW part of the logo, I'll be sorry to see that go, but the return of "the face" will be cool.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 05:58 AM   #36
Valin
Rear Admiral

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that posters are using spoiler code for theme music/titles?
Old December 23 2012, 05:59 AM   #37
The Baby Stig
Rear Admiral

Cripes, it's like all the crappy details from old Who are coming back. The ridiculous face in the credits, the boring and sterile control room.

What the hell, Moffat?

All we know is, he's The Baby Stig.
The Baby Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 06:21 AM   #38
SeerSGB
Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
Cripes, it's like all the crappy details from old Who are coming back. The ridiculous face in the credits, the boring and sterile control room.

What the hell, Moffat?
I like it, I grew up watching Classic Who on PBS. So for me it's like returning to Friday night and waiting for Peter Davision or Tom Baker to show up. Probably cause of the 50th they're rolling everything back.
Old December 23 2012, 06:27 AM   #39
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

What the hell, Moffat?
You know what, there's not a real nice way to put this, so I'll just say it: We've had 7 years of your way. It's been fun; it's been nice; many of us, including myself have been okay with it - but now, it's "our" time - those of us who like a more clinical control room; those of us who kinda miss the face in the credits. You've had your time; and we stepped aside; now step aside and let us have our time, please.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 07:18 AM   #40
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I like the return of the face.
Old December 23 2012, 11:56 AM   #41
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Peacemaker wrote: View Post

What the hell, Moffat?
You know what, there's not a real nice way to put this, so I'll just say it: We've had 7 years of your way. It's been fun; it's been nice; many of us, including myself have been okay with it - but now, it's "our" time - those of us who like a more clinical control room; those of us who kinda miss the face in the credits. You've had your time; and we stepped aside; now step aside and let us have our time, please.
Excuse me, 26 series and a movie anyone?
Old December 23 2012, 03:10 PM   #42
diankra
Commodore

Rowan Sjet wrote: View Post
Excuse me, 26 series and a movie anyone?
No face in the TV movie titles! OR the first three and a half seasons...
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2012, 03:11 PM   #43
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

What the hell, Moffat?
The problem is "crappy details" is a very subjective concept. Some people like them quite a lot. I like the old control room, for example. I don't see why it has to be so cluttered like the modern one.

For the face, I think it's better if subtle. For example, I would prefer a face outline in the vortex rather than just a photo of the face. I also (if it wasn't apparent) prefer the vortex over space. Then again, I don't think they've ever gotten better than the very original credits and there is no face or vortex or space there.
Old December 23 2012, 03:46 PM   #44
The Wormhole
Admiral

Valin wrote: View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that posters are using spoiler code for theme music/titles?
This isn't the first time such a thing has been done. I remember when Enterprise did the special opening credits for its MU two-parter, the description of it was spoiler coded.

What I thought was ridiculous was several years ago when the title to the BSG episode He That Believeth in Me was announced, a shit storm started in the BSG forum with someone upset because "that should be spoiler coded!"

What the hell, Moffat?
This is the anniversary year, and the face in the credits was an integral part of classic Who. It was featured in everyone's credits except for Hartnell and McGann.

You may not like it, but everyone else seems to. In fact, I remember an online petition to bring the face back after Smith was cast.

As for the console room, I've never thought too highly of the one we've had since season 5 anyway, so I say good riddance.
Old December 23 2012, 04:09 PM   #45
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Good.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote