Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 16 2013, 09:48 PM   #271
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Did Batman ever do anything on YJ? Seemed to me all the adults were rather one-dimensional, I assumed to make the kids more interesting.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2013, 10:08 PM   #272
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

He took down the Krolotean base with the rest of the League and Team.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2013, 10:32 PM   #273
Titus Andronicus
Fleet Captain

I enjoyed both shows, and I hate to see them go. I'm particularly displeased with Young Justice going off the air, as I really enjoyed both seasons and would love to see a showdown with Apokolips. Ah well.
Old March 16 2013, 11:36 PM   #274
JD
Admiral

I enjoyed both episodes, and I am definitely very sad to see the shows go, especially for another Batman show and the mediocre looking Teen Titans Go. I was pretty happy with the ending of GL, although I do agree that Ayas transition back to good was a tad to quick. As for YJ, I was pretty happy with the way that they tied up The Reach and Rimbor arcs. I am very disappointed that we won't get to see the confrontation with Darkside and his people though, they've been setting that up for the last two seasons, so it would have nice to have seen it play out.
Old March 16 2013, 11:57 PM   #275
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

Christopher wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
I think Batman shows are just a fact of life at this point, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. But it just now occurs to me that what would've been neat was if they spun off Bruce Greenwood's Batman from YJ -- did a series that was set in the YJ universe but focused on the Bat-family instead of the Team. (Maybe something filling in the 5-year gap.)
Good idea; that seems more interesting, at least.
I'm not saying Beware the Batman won't be interesting; it would be rash to make that assumption sight unseen. I didn't expect to like The Brave and the Bold, but it turned out to be fantastic. For all I know, BtB will turn out to be great too. I'm just saying a YJ-verse Batman show headlined by Greenwood and run by Weisman & Vietti would've also been nice to see.
Agree, a YJ-verse Batman series would have been great.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 02:17 AM   #276
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

RE: Young Justice

So Wally West "ceases" to exist in yet another DC universe? This character just can't get a break.

RE: Green Lantern

After seeing Aya's origin story a few weeks ago and then her fate in the finale, I wonder if the show's creators intended Aya to eventually become the Emerald Eye (from the Legion stories of the 30th century). During the origin episode in particular, Aya's appearance and power level seemed to vaguely suggest the Emerald Eye (to me, at least) and her name is phonetically similar enough for not too great a leap from Aya to Eye.

Or maybe I'm just seeing portents and connections where there aren't any.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 02:27 AM   #277
jadcox@mindspring.com
Commodore

View jadcox@mindspring.com's Twitter Profile

Wally disappeared, and there was no body. Another reason to regret the cancelation!
jadcox@mindspring.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 03:16 AM   #278
Snaploud
Admiral

I'm not sure what to make of the ending for GL. They made a big deal about Razor searching the universe for Aya when a quick jump to the Sapphire world should solve that problem.

Regarding YJ: I enjoyed seeing the Justice League welcome YJ into the watchtower permanently. That really brought the show full circle.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 04:35 AM   #279
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

jadcox@mindspring.com wrote: View Post
Wally disappeared, and there was no body. Another reason to regret the cancelation!
It's a shame Hawkgirl wasn't around to pull him out of the speed force this time.

It was a shame too seeing as he was close to retirement.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 06:58 AM   #280
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

I'm also disappointed that we didn't see Carol return. I'd hoped that once she'd become a Star Sapphire, she'd be brought back for the big finale. I would've liked to see all the various ring corps standing together against the cosmic threat. And Carol could've played a role in convincing Aya that she was really motivated by love after all.
I had wondered why they didn't bring in the other corps. I didn't think of Carol, but that would have been perfect.

Speaking of emotions, it took me a moment to fully get what we saw at the end, with the blue ring flying after Razer. It makes sense -- now his overriding motivation is not hate, but hope -- the belief against all reason that his true love survives somewhere, and the drive to seek her out no matter what. So if the series did return, he would no doubt become a Blue Lantern.
It clicked for me the instant I saw the ring, and I thought it was awesome.

And it's about time. Really, it hasn't been very logical for him to continue being a Red Lantern ever since he's been hanging out with Hal and co. The more he grows as a character, the less he should be able to use that power.

The magnetic field disruptors were not a very plausible doomsday weapon. Disrupting the Earth's magnetic field would do little worse than disrupting communications and electronics.
That bugged me too. If the show's timing were different, perhaps the creators could have made a nod to current news and called them Higgs Boson disruptors.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 07:35 AM   #281
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I really enjoyed the old TT show, but I don't think this new one will be any good. Beware the batman looks to have even worse CG animation than Green Lantern, but hopefully the actual show will be good.
I would trade all of the recent DC cartoons in for the cancelled Judas Contract adaptation as the direct to DVD movie is was supposed to be.
Old March 17 2013, 08:22 AM   #282
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
I think Batman shows are just a fact of life at this point, and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. But it just now occurs to me that what would've been neat was if they spun off Bruce Greenwood's Batman from YJ -- did a series that was set in the YJ universe but focused on the Bat-family instead of the Team. (Maybe something filling in the 5-year gap.)
Good idea; that seems more interesting, at least.
I'm not saying Beware the Batman won't be interesting; it would be rash to make that assumption sight unseen. I didn't expect to like The Brave and the Bold, but it turned out to be fantastic. For all I know, BtB will turn out to be great too. I'm just saying a YJ-verse Batman show headlined by Greenwood and run by Weisman & Vietti would've also been nice to see.
Right, I know, and I agree.

Perhaps I should have emphasized seems more. I just meant that I'd be more enthusiastic about tuning in; being "meh" up front about something makes me less likely to structure my time to give it a chance.
Old March 17 2013, 10:11 AM   #283
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Snaploud wrote: View Post
Regarding YJ: I enjoyed seeing the Justice League welcome YJ into the watchtower permanently. That really brought the show full circle.
Not to mention the episode ending on July, 4th.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 01:40 PM   #284
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Another interesting thought about a YJ season 3 - if they did another five year time jump, would the season look at the end of the iconic heroes and the YJ team taking their place? The two jumps would place the time line 10 years after the start of the series; and the heroes had been in operation before that. Batman would be at least in his late thirties / early forties by the time of a 5 year jump season three.

I had often thought that a season three would be subtitled Legends based on the late 80's mini-series that reintroduced the iconic heroes versus Darkseid; and using that idea to have the YJ team take over the iconics legacies would have been a nice parallel.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 02:27 PM   #285
Mr Light
Admiral

The entire Season Two bit with G.G.G. badmouthing the heroes was right from Legends. I thought that's what S2 was going to end up being, but I guess it was setup for S3. Too bad we won't get it now... I love Darkseid.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote