Tron 3 is coming (and Garrett Hedlund is confirmed to come back)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mach5, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm quickly getting bored with Uprising, it's just the same thing every episode, 2 dimensional bad guy tries to catch Beck and fails... it doesn't feel like a full world with well developed characters.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I was lukewarm on Uprising at first, but it's gotten more engaging over time. It's definitely not the same thing every episode.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

They finally did something with Beck's boss that actually made him a little more interesting.

I thought that Legacy was pretty good.It could've been better but it was solid entertainment. Looking forward to Tron 3.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it confirmed that Daft Punk is doing the soundtrack for T3?

5. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

So simple really for Flynn to come back. I always assumed he made a backup copy of himself in case of emergency. The backup would only be a program, not a user. So, no user powers. But, it would have all of Flynn's knowledge. If Clu ever grabbed him, how would he be able to continue to guide Quorra, right? I fully expect something like this.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

The Digital Dude abides.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

This universe is poised for some good universe building after Legacy and the cartoon.

If this is handled well we could see even more Tron down the road. *crosses fingers*

8. Mr. Laser Beam

So it will definitely not be 'END OF LINE'.

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Amazing how far its come. When I saw the DVD of Tron in 2002 i didnt think the Tron 2.0 concepts would see fruition, now it's a franchise...wow.

10. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Garrett Hedlund is coming back? Is that a threat? ;)

I'm sorry but the guy has no charisma and shows no emotion whatsoever. He's got a good-leading man look but brings nothing else to the table. I enjoyed Tron Legacy a great deal but it would have been better if it wasn't saddled with some dead weight like Garrett Hedlund.

I enjoy Tron Uprising myself.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I, too, fell behind on Tron: Legacy due its lengthy break but I just finished catching up and I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. I loved the two-parter with John Glover's Dyson and his relationship with Tron, and I hope the character returns in future episodes. It's a pity Jeff Bridges doesn't voice Clu or Flynn but I guess he's too busy and/or too expensive. I also liked the new character development for Able, although I'm still wondering how he knew Beck was the Renegade. It's a shame that Disney isn't promoting the series at all and placing it at a terrible time. If this inevitably leads to the show's cancellation, I hope that it gets a proper conclusion including Tron's eventual capture and re-purposing as Rinzler.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

In an interview with the director (posted here?) he says that Daft Punk will be his first call to do the score, and that they also have a lot of unused material from Tron Legacy, but that it's too far away to be certain they can do it.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

John Glover returned in the episode that aired last night at midnight. It was a pretty good episode, it didn't have the annoying sidekicks or the cartoony villains in it. It was also Tron heavy. Wish the show was more like that.

14. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

It airs at midnight? :wtf:

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

agreed. i don't care for his friends at the repair shop. and i'm growing tired of General Tessler and Paval.

16. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally agree that the episodes without Zed and Mara tend to be better than the rest of the show, but Tesler is pure gold as a villain, especially now that they've gone into his head a bit more.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't mind Mara much but Zed's a a total waste of space.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Count me in. I like the characters, I like the world, I'm willing to be patient with less than stellar writing though of course I hope that's up to par this time, too. They need Quorra back.

19. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ The Quorra episode is the only one I haven't seen, and it's not showing up in my On-Demand. Grr! :mad: (If you're referring to having Quorra back in the movie, I do agree with that -- although after the end of Legacy, I don't see how she wouldn't be back)

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not back in the Grid, maybe, but I get the impression that the next movie will focus heavily on her adjustment to the physical world.