RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,329
Posts: 5,353,110
Members: 24,618
Currently online: 717
Newest member: jmacenulty

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 13 2012, 12:10 AM   #1
los2188
Commander
 
los2188's Avatar
 
Location: North Carolina
Zefram Cochrane?

Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.
__________________
Darling, you remain as aesthetically pleasing as the first day we met. I believe I am the most fortunate sentient in this sector of the galaxy.
los2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:13 AM   #2
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Zefram Cochrane?

los2188 wrote: View Post
Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.
We've heard Cochrane's name suggested. Several times, now, going back months. Search it for yourself.

And the name of Cumberbatch's character is known. It's not Zefram Cochrane.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Xaios
Lieutenant Commander
 
Xaios's Avatar
 
Re: Zefram Cochrane?

los2188 wrote: View Post
From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise?
Kirk wouldn't have even met Cochrane yet, at this point in time.

los2188 wrote: View Post
Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way?
That makes no sense. The guy is pretty much worshipped as a saint, and was the first human being to meet an extra-terrestrial in an official capacity. What on earth could he possibly have to be slighted about?
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:29 AM   #4
los2188
Commander
 
los2188's Avatar
 
Location: North Carolina
Re: Zefram Cochrane?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
los2188 wrote: View Post
Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.
We've heard Cochrane's name suggested. Several times, now, going back months. Search it for yourself.

And the name of Cumberbatch's character is known. It's not Zefram Cochrane.
No. I don't need to search it myself. I have no reason to doubt you that it's been suggested before, but thank you for the offer. As far as his name is concerned, I didn't think that his actual character was known yet outside of just the name John Harrison.
__________________
Darling, you remain as aesthetically pleasing as the first day we met. I believe I am the most fortunate sentient in this sector of the galaxy.
los2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 12:44 AM   #5
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: Zefram Cochrane?

Xaios wrote: View Post
Kirk wouldn't have even met Cochrane yet, at this point in time.
The Star Trek Ongoing comic has been telling reimagined versions of TOS episodes that originally took place in 2266/67 in 2258/59. The also changed Chekov's age in the last movie to fit him on the bridge crew - so they're definitely playing fast and loose with the timing of events.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 01:44 AM   #6
The Keeper
Commodore
 
The Keeper's Avatar
 
Location: Where reality ends and illusion begins
Re: Zefram Cochrane?

*withdrawn*

Last edited by The Keeper; December 13 2012 at 04:53 AM.
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.