A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 11 2012, 01:31 AM   #16
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: Samuel L. Jackson Wants to Return as a One-Handed or Ghost Mace Wi

Why would he be one-handed? Luke had his chopped off in ESB and just got a new robotic one.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 01:34 AM   #17
RoJoHen
Awesome

Yeah. If there's one thing that Star Wars doctors are good at, it's replacing severed hands.

That said, I couldn't care less if Mace Windu was in it or not. I was pretty ambivalent towards his character in the PT.
Old December 11 2012, 01:37 AM   #18
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

That's true of course, but I'm just reporting what Sam said about his character. To paraphrase:"I don't care if he's one-handed, one-armed or some ghost or hologram....I'd just like to be involved again."

A still-living Mace could easily have a prosthetic/robotic replacement hand that was added to his right arm in the decades before Episode VII takes place. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Episode VII's writers had his character lugging around a handless right forearm as a visual reminder of what Anakin did to him decades earlier and further tie Episode III to the new sequels.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 01:39 AM   #19
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

SantaEddie74 wrote: View Post
"I don't care if he's one-handed, one-armed or some ghost or hologram....I'd just like to be involved again."
Translation: "Holy shit was that good money for almost no work!"
Old December 11 2012, 01:40 AM   #20
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I certainly wouldn't expect Samuel L. Jackson to be involved with anything made by Disney...
Erm... Avengers?
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 01:58 AM   #21
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

I certainly wouldn't expect Samuel L. Jackson to be involved with anything made by Disney...

Damn. Got ninja'd while making the pic.

As far as the OP goes, I wouldn't be particularly bothered if he showed up, but I'd prefer if he didn't because the character wasn't that impressive or interesting and I'd rather have them develop new characters than bring back insignificant old ones.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 02:15 AM   #22
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Base_Delta_Zero wrote: View Post
Finally, Disney should re-re-release the OT and undo the most offensive changes Lucas made.
Except they don't have the rights to the OT. That wasn't part of the deal. Those rights are still with FOX.
Old December 11 2012, 02:22 AM   #23
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Like the changes or not (and some of them suck the hind end of an unwashed Bantha....Greedo shooting first? A CGI Dug from the Prequels walking through Jabba's Palace late at night? Vader screaming "NOOOOOO" before throwing the Emperor to his death? Screw those) Lucas won't budge on them and the closest we'll probably get to the original, unaltered Trilogy being on disc in the foreseeable future are the bonus DVDs included with the 2006 releases of the films.

I'd love to see Han shoot first again but if stripping the films of all their recent changes means losing, say, the much better Ian McDiarmid Emperor hologram from Empire or "Victory Celebration" from the very end of Jedi then I say we'll just have to lovingly go back to our older VHS tapes and DVDs and enjoy the unaltered Trilogy there. Lucas isn't going to change things back so we might as well stop fretting over that here and now.

Old December 11 2012, 02:25 AM   #24
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

I think eventually we'll see the unaltered versions released again, but it'll be a while. I figure eventually Disney will get all rights in-house, but they just released the blu-ray sets last year. They won't be looking to release another box set until at least 2014 to hype up the sequel trilogy.
Old December 11 2012, 02:26 AM   #25
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Like the changes or not (and some of them suck the hind end of an unwashed Bantha....Greedo shooting first? A CGI Dug from the Prequels walking through Jabba's Palace late at night? Vader screaming "NOOOOOO" before throwing the Emperor to his death? Screw those) Lucas won't budge on them and the closest we'll probably get to the original, unaltered Trilogy being on disc in the foreseeable future are the bonus DVDs included with the 2006 releases of the films.

I'd love to see Han shoot first again but if stripping the films of all their recent changes means losing, say, the much better Ian McDiarmid Emperor hologram from Empire or "Victory Celebration" from the very end of Jedi then I say we'll just have to lovingly go back to our older VHS tapes and DVDs and enjoy the unaltered Trilogy there. Lucas isn't going to change things back so we might as well stop fretting over that here and now.
I'm more convinced of this as well, having watched "The People vs. George Lucas" on Netflix last night. Entrenched on both sides, no one budging, probably won't, either.

I have my 2004 Double DVD Trilogy set (Original and SE), and I'm happy.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 02:42 AM   #26
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

While many of us can't stand the changes George made to the OT, he did do a very commendable service to what in many circles is the least-loved film in the Saga.

I've said it in other forums in the last year or two, but the original Frank Oz puppet from The Phantom Menace just looked wrong. It was just wonky. It's hard to believe that the 1999 puppet and the Yoda we love so much from Empire and Jedi are one and the exact same character.

Not only does the BluRay Episode I Yoda look a hundred times better but now he matches his appearances in the two other prequels, making things in that Trilogy a lot more consistent.

We can debate the other changes Lucas foisted on us starting in 1997 but this one....the people I've spoken to who prefer the Episode I puppet I could count on one hand with one or two fingers left to spare.

Old December 11 2012, 03:16 AM   #27
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

I love Sam as much as the next fan, but Mace was as much of a disappointment as Darth Maul -- cool look, cool lightsaber, no story. *sigh* I wish I cared if he was back, but I really don't.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 03:18 AM   #28
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Erm... Avengers?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...i7uno1_250.jpg
Old December 11 2012, 03:18 AM   #29
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
"I don't care if he's one-handed, one-armed or some ghost or hologram....I'd just like to be involved again."
Translation: "Holy shit was that good money for almost no work!"
Lucas does not like acting apparenty, that"s why got off easy. I think he was doing his best with a director who is not good at giving directions to actors.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 03:52 AM   #30
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Except he kind of made a similar point about the strangeness of Sam Jackson being in Disney movies earlier in the thread with the post below, which makes it sound serious and not sarcastic. It's hard to tell, hence the pic in my post after Timelord's.

As much as we all love SLJ, I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep bringing back dead characters. Doesn't anybody EVER truly die in sci-fi?

Then again, this being Disney, I'm wondering how "badass" a resurrected Mace would really be...
It sort of misses the point that Disney movies (both their own and their subsidiary's films) can be pretty violent and adult-themed at times and feature many "badass" characters as well. Mace Windu is actually mild sauce compared to some Disney characters.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote