Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 11 2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Candlelight
Admiral

Blake's 7 cast reuniting for audio adventure!

http://www.galaxy4.co.uk/product.tht...62&vts=geYQBwI

Warship
An alien fleet stands poised to invade Federation space. The only vessel available to hold it back is the Liberator, commanded by Roj Blake and his crew.
As an intergalactic war breaks out, old enemies become allies, and friends will become separated.
And Blake will be forced to leave behind all that matters to him...
This release consists of two discs: the story on one disc, and a behind the scenes documentary on disc two.
Cast

Gareth Thomas (Roj Blake), Paul Darrow (Kerr Avon), Michael Keating (Vila Restal), Jan Chappell (Cally), Sally Knyvette (Jenna Stannis), Jacqueline Pearce (Servalan), Alistair Lock (Zen/Orac)
I had no idea this was coming out!
Old December 11 2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Starkers
Admiral

Re: Blake's 7 cast reuniting for audio adventure!

As fantastic as the idea of getting the cast back together is, the setting for this is odd to say the least, unless they're trying to suggest there was far more time between Star One and Aftermath than it seemed at the time, plus Blake spent most of that time in the med bay
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I've been highly anticipating this since it's initially announcement. If the first two boxsets (three stories each with two or three actors) are any indication, Warship is going to be a lot of fun. Everyone in this cast list has already returned in the boxsets with the exception of Sally Knyvette and all sound great (well, except Gareth Thomas...he really doesn't sound like Blake anymore).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 04:17 PM   #4
diankra
Commodore

It is a bit of a retcon, but it's one that was suggested during season 4 (mainly in Animals, so we all try to ignore it), so while it's wrong, there's a precedent for the wrongness.

Widening the point slightly, one of the big lost opportunities was ending the Andromedan war plot so quickly. You could have had disguised Andromedan survivors turning up several times during season three - even one disguised as Blake if Gareth had been up for it.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 04:26 PM   #5
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Carols by Candlelight wrote: View Post
It's from Big Finish. They've been doing B7 audios for years.
Old December 11 2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Candlelight
Admiral

diankra wrote: View Post
It is a bit of a retcon, but it's one that was suggested during season 4 (mainly in Animals, so we all try to ignore it), so while it's wrong, there's a precedent for the wrongness.

Widening the point slightly, one of the big lost opportunities was ending the Andromedan war plot so quickly. You could have had disguised Andromedan survivors turning up several times during season three - even one disguised as Blake if Gareth had been up for it.
I think there was the whole 'if it's happening then we have to see it' sort of mentality. The war ends so you don't have to get dragged into the space battles. People would question why the Liberator - which fired the first salvo in the war, don't forget - isn't going back to help out.

Plus it would interfere with all the poor-directional stand alones that season three had to offer.
Old December 11 2012, 08:39 PM   #7
Candlelight
Admiral

Starkers wrote: View Post
As fantastic as the idea of getting the cast back together is, the setting for this is odd to say the least, unless they're trying to suggest there was far more time between Star One and Aftermath than it seemed at the time, plus Blake spent most of that time in the med bay
Depends, Blake and Jenna were on the flight deck when Zen ordered the ship be abandoned. The battle could've raged for days or longer (although given how the Liberator seemed to drain it's batteries faster than turning on a light bulb, it could have been a small amount of time after all...).
Old December 11 2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The Liberator could have much more economic power settings when it's fighting ten thousand ships, compared to when it's taking on a couple Federation pursuit ships?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:12 PM   #9
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

WOW. I'm really interested in this. I hope this will eventually be available in the states.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:22 PM   #10
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Elfin Mischievous Humbug wrote: View Post
I've been highly anticipating this since it's initially announcement. If the first two boxsets (three stories each with two or three actors) are any indication, Warship is going to be a lot of fun. Everyone in this cast list has already returned in the boxsets with the exception of Sally Knyvette and all sound great (well, except Gareth Thomas...he really doesn't sound like Blake anymore).

Yeah I've heard of a couple of the new ones and yes Gareth Thomas sounds decidedly unBlake like for the most part. You can hear traces.

And for some reason it really jars to me. Perhaps it's because Thomas sounds old and a thad wheezey up against the likes of Darrow and Keating who pretty much sound the same as they did nearly 35 years ago.

If it was Blake telling the story decades later it would might work but for when it's supposed to aboard the Liberator not quite.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Gareth Thomas both looks and sounds nothing like Blake these days. I didn't recognize him from his appearance in Torchwood until the credits rolled...

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:26 PM   #12
jerriecan
Lieutenant Commander

auntiehill wrote: View Post
WOW. I'm really interested in this. I hope this will eventually be available in the states.
Direct download is available right from the BF website - I have been a customer for a couple of years now, and I live in the US. I believe you can also order a physical copy, it's just pricy with the shipping from the UK.
Star Trek: Pathfinder #1: The Siren's Call
jerriecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:34 PM   #13
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

COOL! Thanks, I'll check that out.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2012, 11:43 PM   #14
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
COOL! Thanks, I'll check that out.
Yea, TheValleyard and I are both Big Finish members as well (I download and burn to CD via Nero, but, I believe Windows Media Playershould work as well).

And...Damnit, isn't it bad enough there are so many great Doctor Who titles for me to download, now I have to go and find out there's also new Blake's Seven Stories

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 01:50 AM   #15
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Carols by Candlelight wrote: View Post
It's from Big Finish. They've been doing B7 audios for years.
If I'm not mistaken this is the first time they've all been together in an audio.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote