RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,661
Posts: 5,685,223
Members: 25,655
Currently online: 423
Newest member: jazmicors

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time and Again
By: Michelle on Apr 25

USS Enterprise Model To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Vulcan Nimoy Tribute
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Pegg Writing Kickass Role For Elba
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Galaxy Quest To Become A Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Mulgrew On Voyager Twentieth Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Shatner Starts New Website
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Rumor Mill: Star Trek III Title
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Siddig: Getting And Playing The Role Of Martell
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Mulgrew: Why Born With Teeth
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 22 2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Enterprise1701
Fleet Captain
 
Enterprise1701's Avatar
 
Location: Sol III, Sector 001, 2015 C.E.
Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors, etc

From Collider.com, here is the synopsis that went out with recent casting notices for Captain America: Civil War, the upcoming Marvel Studios adaptation of the 2006-2007 crossover comic storyline "Civil War" and what has been frequently referred to as "Avengers 2.5":

http://collider.com/captain-america-...-filming-date/

Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.
Captain America: Civil War is slated to begin shooting on the 1st of April 2015 and is due out for release in theaters on the 6th of May 2016.
__________________
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. - Optimus Prime
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2015, 04:09 AM   #2
FreezeC77
Commodore
 
FreezeC77's Avatar
 
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
From Collider.com, here is the synopsis that went out with recent casting notices for Captain America: Civil War, the upcoming Marvel Studios adaptation of the 2006-2007 crossover comic storyline "Civil War" and what has been frequently referred to as "Avengers 2.5":

http://collider.com/captain-america-...-filming-date/

Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.
Captain America: Civil War is slated to begin shooting on the 1st of April 2015 and is due out for release in theaters on the 6th of May 2016.

I still don't think the Civil War makes sense at this point in the marvel cinematic universe. In the comics it made sense because of numbers... now if somehow in agents of shield or another movie there's a large city exposed to the mists... then I could see it.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2015, 04:58 AM   #3
Skywalker
Admiral
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

If Age of Ultron plays out the way I think it will, I can definitely see it making sense.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2015, 09:11 AM   #4
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Skywalker wrote: View Post
If Age of Ultron plays out the way I think it will, I can definitely see it making sense.
Agreed. Basicly, Stark is responsible for Ultron, a creature that wreaks a lot havoc. I can see not only several governments feeling the need to control these people, but Tony agreeing with it, realizing it's gone to far.
__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2015, 09:14 PM   #5
Rowan Sjet
Commodore
 
Rowan Sjet's Avatar
 
Location: Away!
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Problem is, that's not so much a superhero problem as a Genius, Billionaire, (Playboy,) Philanthropist problem. But he identifies as one, and add on the Hulk going going mad in downtown and there you go.
__________________
And the sign said, "Long haired freaky people need not apply..."
Rowan Sjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2015, 11:07 PM   #6
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Rowan Sjet wrote: View Post
Problem is, that's not so much a superhero problem as a Genius, Billionaire, (Playboy,) Philanthropist problem. But he identifies as one, and add on the Hulk going going mad in downtown and there you go.
One assumes that Wanda & Pietro's role won't go unnoticed and I gather from the trailers that Hulk will have gone on another very public rampage.

Plus, Agents of SHIELD seems to be building to some of this too with the Inhumans and the suggestion that SHIELD's old gifted index be reformatted to distinguish "enhanced" individuals (Cap, Hulk, Stark, Cal etc.) from those innately powerful: Skye, Rayna, NotNightCrawler...Thor & any Asgardian I suppose? Arguably Stark shouldn't count, even before he had the shrapnel removed, but then they also counted a woman with blades grafted on her fingertips (which couldn't simple be removed because why exactly?) so go figure. Then of course there's the upcoming Netflix series which will introduce a whole new group of "enhanced" individuals.

As for the movie, since it's being billed as a Captain America movie, it's a fair bet that Stark looses this particular argument and this'll serve to further open up the MCU ahead of the Dr Strange movie, the Spider-Man reboot #412, and the Infinity War blow-out.

Last edited by Reverend; March 23 2015 at 11:26 PM.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2015, 12:55 AM   #7
Procutus
Admiral
 
Procutus's Avatar
 
Location: Waiting for the Perfect Storm...
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Have any locations for shooting been announced yet?
__________________
Proud user of Windows XP since 2006.
Procutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2015, 02:21 AM   #8
DEWLine
Commodore
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Yep. Along with dates and casting calls for extras.

http://www.auditionsfree.com/2015/ca...ain-america-3/
__________________
Yours,

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2015, 03:09 AM   #9
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral
 
The Old Mixer's Avatar
 
Location: Connecticut
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Somebody's gotta do it....

The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2015, 10:14 AM   #10
Procutus
Admiral
 
Procutus's Avatar
 
Location: Waiting for the Perfect Storm...
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Yep. Along with dates and casting calls for extras.

http://www.auditionsfree.com/2015/ca...ain-america-3/

Thanks!


__________________
Proud user of Windows XP since 2006.
Procutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2015, 02:55 AM   #11
DEWLine
Commodore
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

You're welcome.
__________________
Yours,

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2015, 06:48 AM   #12
USS Pertinax
Lieutenant
 
USS Pertinax's Avatar
 
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

Mage wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
If Age of Ultron plays out the way I think it will, I can definitely see it making sense.
Agreed. Basicly, Stark is responsible for Ultron, a creature that wreaks a lot havoc. I can see not only several governments feeling the need to control these people, but Tony agreeing with it, realizing it's gone to far.
Couldn't Ulton be created by any other genius?
USS Pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2015, 12:51 AM   #13
Procutus
Admiral
 
Procutus's Avatar
 
Location: Waiting for the Perfect Storm...
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

DEWLine wrote: View Post
You're welcome.

I was hoping that Marvel would decide to return to Cleveland for some shoots, but I guess it wasn't in the cards this time.

Maybe they'll use us for part of Doctor Strange.
__________________
Proud user of Windows XP since 2006.
Procutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2015, 01:39 AM   #14
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral
 
The Old Mixer's Avatar
 
Location: Connecticut
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

"Gosh, Dr. Strange's sanctum sure looks a lot like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...."
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2015, 02:16 AM   #15
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Captain America: Civil War - pre-release discussion, news, rumors,

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
From Collider.com, here is the synopsis that went out with recent casting notices for Captain America: Civil War, the upcoming Marvel Studios adaptation of the 2006-2007 crossover comic storyline "Civil War" and what has been frequently referred to as "Avengers 2.5":

http://collider.com/captain-america-...-filming-date/

Following the events of Age of Ultron, the collective governments of the world pass an act designed to regulate all superhuman activity. This polarizes opinion amongst the Avengers, causing two factions to side with Iron Man or Captain America, which causes an epic battle between former allies.
Captain America: Civil War is slated to begin shooting on the 1st of April 2015 and is due out for release in theaters on the 6th of May 2016.

I still don't think the Civil War makes sense at this point in the marvel cinematic universe. In the comics it made sense because of numbers... now if somehow in agents of shield or another movie there's a large city exposed to the mists... then I could see it.
Skywalker wrote: View Post
If Age of Ultron plays out the way I think it will, I can definitely see it making sense.
Mage wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
If Age of Ultron plays out the way I think it will, I can definitely see it making sense.
Agreed. Basicly, Stark is responsible for Ultron, a creature that wreaks a lot havoc. I can see not only several governments feeling the need to control these people, but Tony agreeing with it, realizing it's gone to far.
I think it's worth keeping in mind that by the time Age of Ultron ends we'll have seen 3 Hulk Rampages, an alien invasion, the Destroyer's attack, the fight at Greenwhich in The Dark World, and Iron Man's fights in his movies, and whatever else happens in Age of Ultron all in just a few years. It makes sense to me that people might start getting worried about all of these superhumans running around after all of that.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
captain america, civil war, marvel cinematic universe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.