RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,666
Members: 24,817
Currently online: 426
Newest member: 118_Larson

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old December 19 2012, 09:57 AM   #91
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: First glimpse of new TARDIS control room!

For a long time I have wanted a mopre traditional console room, but now I have it I am unsure.

I need to see it properly lit and in action, I think the LED roundels are putting me off it.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 11:31 AM   #92
FreddyE
Commander

Hmm...no more steampunk..or at least less so...I think I´m gonna miss that. And the set really gives a much colder vibe then before. And what´s he wearing? Is that a one off...or is this going to be his new standard clothing?

Season 7 seems interesting...maybe I should go and start watching it...I was planning to wait for the complete season dvd set instead of buying volume 1.
FreddyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 11:44 AM   #93
Starkers
Admiral

Pindar wrote: View Post
For a long time I have wanted a mopre traditional console room, but now I have it I am unsure.

I need to see it properly lit and in action, I think the LED roundels are putting me off it.
It'll always look better on screen I think. I definitely prefer it to the old 11th Doctor conole room, that always felt a little too busy/random for me, and that glass floor...can't be great if you're a woman in a skirt and a health and safety nightmare!

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:02 PM   #94
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

Starkers wrote: View Post
It'll always look better on screen I think. I definitely prefer it to the old 11th Doctor conole room, that always felt a little too busy/random for me, and that glass floor...can't be great if you're a woman in a skirt and a health and safety nightmare!
Although the glass floor never bothered Amy, or Rory.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:19 PM   #95
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Unless Rory was supposed to be concentrating on the thermo-couplings.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 12:58 PM   #96
Starkers
Admiral

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Unless Rory was supposed to be concentrating on the thermo-couplings.

Old December 19 2012, 01:01 PM   #97
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

jbny67 wrote: View Post
OMG!!!!...

This console room remindes me of the Dr Who exhibiition in blackpool way back in the mid 70s.......the consoles round the edge near the wall is something i remember and the only time i have seen it in anything doctor who related, as well as the colour and those walls....although the walls had windows size holes in the with the doctors enemy's ringing the console room........

I am 8 again.......I love it.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 02:36 PM   #98
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Apparently we'll be seeing more of the interior too, and it's scary: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ary-place.html
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 02:44 PM   #99
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Honestly that picture makes it look retro in all the wrong ways. It isn't minimal, it is just boring. I seriously hope there is more to it than that shot is giving us.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 03:32 PM   #100
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Yep, I like it. They have finally gotten the proportions of the console "right" for me. The last two iterations haven't quite worked for me. This one seems to hark back to the proportions of the classic series and TVM - which is about the last time I think they had it spot on. I am happy.
I agree that the proportions of the console is the best thing. I like that. I'm not sure about the overall look though. It looks a bit too sparse and cheap, at least in this shot. I'll reserve judgement until seeing it in action though.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2012, 03:59 PM   #101
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Honestly that picture makes it look retro in all the wrong ways. It isn't minimal, it is just boring. I seriously hope there is more to it than that shot is giving us.
I agree. I'm NEVER that guy that hates something based on a picture. But, I sorta hate this.

It looks like Matt Smith went and visited a Doctor Who fan's garage set.
Old December 19 2012, 04:01 PM   #102
Starkers
Admiral

I think the problem is it doesn't look quite straight! Hopefully that's a problem with the camera!

Old December 19 2012, 04:19 PM   #103
Tom
Rear Admiral

I like it! the lights under the console are cool.
Old December 19 2012, 04:21 PM   #104
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

I hope that's a balcony around the back in front of the blue-LED roundels. It'd be a narrow walkway, but it'd be fun to see Eleven repairing a panel back there while other actors do stuff in the foreground.
Old December 19 2012, 04:23 PM   #105
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Compared to what they've done in the past on nuWho it looks cheap and cheesy, as if they've had their budget slashed tremendously (which I'm sure isn't the case).

A fan could have designed and built that console.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote