Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old December 6 2012, 01:05 PM   #166
serenitytrek1
Commander

Re: The Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is here!

jinglebellrok wrote: View Post

See what I mean? this is kind of cliche and tacky, it is just way too similar to WOK and it does not help that both films are sequels.

However there was a post on trekmovie that the hand salute could be between Pike and Spock but I seriously doubt it or Spock ad MCcoy (now that is ridiculous)
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:06 PM   #167
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Holy Crap, looking at this still:

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/a...ness_hd_28.jpg

IS THAT MAIN ENGINEERING?! IS IT NO LONGER A BREWERY?! HALLELUJAH!
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:08 PM   #168
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Dac wrote: View Post
Looking at that gif - Perhaps they've done a reversal and Kirk dies? I say that only because the hand that isn't Spock is dead still, whereas Spock's appears to be a slow, calculated move.

And it's a left hand, in a weird position. Leads me to believe that person is kneeling, and that they're propping themselves up with their left hand.
I am thinking it is Pikes hand. At the end of the Japanese trailer, Kirk is in the new uniform looking shocked. It's possible Pike is severely wounded and dies in a raid at Starfleet. Spock is indeed seen running in his blue shirt after Cumberbach, possibly after the attack (and returns to find Pike near death). There is also a scene were phaser blasts come into what looks like a Starfleet brass meeting zapping a Starfleet babe out of her chair.
Shilliam Watner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:08 PM   #169
Eris
Ensign

So, another vengeful bad guy following his own agenda and lots and lots of action. Pretty uninspiring.
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:13 PM   #170
Procutus
Admiral

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
Procutus wrote: View Post
I'm now convinced that Cumberbatch is Gary Mitchell. One line in particular sold me.
Which one? There's some pretty solid Wrath of Khan callbacks too, so I'd say it's still leaning that way.

Can't recall it verbatim, but the way he said that he had returned and was going to exact revenge just made me think of Mitchell, being left for dead on D-V. It wouldn't take much more than a few lines of dialoge in a briefing to expain that backstory for those who didn't read the Ongoing Comic.
Old December 6 2012, 01:16 PM   #171
serenitytrek1
Commander

Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post
Dac wrote: View Post
Looking at that gif - Perhaps they've done a reversal and Kirk dies? I say that only because the hand that isn't Spock is dead still, whereas Spock's appears to be a slow, calculated move.

And it's a left hand, in a weird position. Leads me to believe that person is kneeling, and that they're propping themselves up with their left hand.
I am thinking it is Pikes hand. At the end of the Japanese trailer, Kirk is in the new uniform looking shocked. It's possible Pike is severely wounded and dies in a raid at Starfleet. Spock is indeed seen running in his blue shirt after Cumberbach, possibly after the attack (and returns to find Pike near death). There is also a scene were phaser blasts come into what looks like a Starfleet brass meeting zapping a Starfleet babe out of her chair.

In all honesty it will be better if with was Pike's hands, it will make the film stand out on its own than it constantly been compared to WOK.
Old December 6 2012, 01:20 PM   #172
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Eris wrote: View Post
So, another vengeful bad guy following his own agenda and lots and lots of action. Pretty uninspiring.
Yup.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:31 PM   #173
lurok
Commodore

Revenge is a cliché best served cold.
Old December 6 2012, 01:36 PM   #174
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Hey, look everyone! It is Star Trek, honest! There's one alien dude somewhere out of focus in the background in a half second shot!

Seeking out new life amirite?!
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:37 PM   #175
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Well how about that?
Old December 6 2012, 01:39 PM   #176
serenitytrek1
Commander

jinglebellrok wrote: View Post

Or maybe just maybe it is TOS Spock and NU-Spock that are doing the Vulcan hand salute.

But I was right, people on trekmovie are already saying how tacky it is going to be if they do a Kirk and Spock re-harsh of the hand salute through the glass.

I hardly agree with the comments on trekmovie but they are on point with this one.
Old December 6 2012, 01:43 PM   #177
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

As much as I loved the last movie, I wasn't sure Abrams and co. would have a clue what to do with the Trek crew once they were united. No worries, this looks fantastic

Did anyone else notice there were NO space scenes?
Old December 6 2012, 01:44 PM   #178
biotech
Vice Admiral

Anyone considered it could be Uhura's hand?

Fingers look a bit dainty for Kirk.
biotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:46 PM   #179
AllStarEntprise
Captain

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Eris wrote: View Post
Yup.
Just finished rewatching Whom the Gods Destroy
After that i'm fairly certain that's who Benedict is.Which Garth's exploits as a tactician being required reading at Star Fleet academy and being one of the FLeet's greatest captains during war time he has the chops. He lost his mind after the beings of Antos IV taught him the cellular regen technique. After he went made he created what he claimed to be the most powerful explosive in the universe. Detonation anyone? After Star Fleet locked him away and his crew refused to go along with his delusions of granduer of establishing an empire he conspired to create one. All he needed was a starship to make this happen.

It's feasible that Garth would attack Earth first, and from the synopsis we know the detonates the fleet.

Another revenge bad guy?
Hmm XII Garth, XI Nero, X Shinzon, IX Ru'afo. Yeah I can see a pattern. At least Benedict won't be bald like the last 3 villains.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2012, 01:47 PM   #180
KalEl
Lieutenant Commander

I think it's Garth and that's what I've hoped for since the end of the first one. If it is Garth and not a rehash of Khan, then I give them props for that. This trailer looks cool and exiting, but I'm still skeptical for now. I'd love to see Captain Garth wreak havoc on Starfleet. It also looks like there is a Klingon in one of the stills.
KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote