RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,672
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 505
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old April 30 2013, 10:07 PM   #616
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
Aatrek wrote: View Post
Success at Best Buy!

I know one poster said that they "literally have no way of matching Target's discount", but I watched the cashier manually type in the prices to match the Target deal.
Awesome! I'm about to get hit up my local BB in a few mins, I hope they'll do a full price match like you got
*fingers crossed*
Well what a bummer. I went in and there were only two copies of S3 left, none with the exclusive stickers, and zero BOBW left. You can tell we're into the better seasons, there were plenty of S2 when I went in about the same time of day (~1:30ish) when it was released.

Since I had gift cards to BB I had the cashier price match the S3 set.

I went to the BOBW theatrical event last week, so I've seen basically what's on the Blu-ray version. So I'm not itching to get it on release day, I still had some Amazon gift money, so I ordered it from Amazon.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 10:43 PM   #617
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Just watched "Yesterday's Enterprise". It's awesome!

Would have been nice if they had dubbed Michael Dorn as the voice of the Klingon captain who demands alt-Enterprise's surrender (don't care if they ever planned to do this when the ep was filmed, they should have done it now) but there we are.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 11:05 PM   #618
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I watched two things on this set already and teared up both times. The first was the Tribute to Michael Pillar, which was just amazing and genuine. Ira Behr's comments especially were heartfelt and personal and I almost choked up. Also loved hearing from the family about Pillar's life as a family man.

I then watched the end of Sarek (The Picard overtaken by emotions scene) and the picture quality really brought out just how powerful this scene was. It's dark, atmospheric, and so clear that it almost enhanced the dialog and Stewart's performance. I'm looking forward to watching the entire episode when I get to it, but I was watching the David Rappaport stuff (So glad they changed the actor by the way) and figured watch one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. It was beautiful.
Old April 30 2013, 11:51 PM   #619
davejames
Vice Admiral

Incidentally, I noticed at Best Buy they had the 1st and 2nd seasons for around $35 or so. Super cheap, for those who don't already have them (which probably isn't anybody here, so, um... never mind).
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 12:06 AM   #620
dg1379
Commander

Well this stinks. I received my copies in the mail today from BB but I have no exclusive content code. Only code I got was for the ultraviolet edition.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 12:21 AM   #621
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Just finished Inside the Writer's Room - it's great, every bit as good as the cast reunion on S2 if you like the behind the scenes of how TNG got made. Looking forward to the Michael Piller tribute as my next documentary.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 01:12 AM   #622
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Just watched "Yesterday's Enterprise". It's awesome!

Would have been nice if they had dubbed Michael Dorn as the voice of the Klingon captain who demands alt-Enterprise's surrender (don't care if they ever planned to do this when the ep was filmed, they should have done it now) but there we are.
What would be the motivation behind this?
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 01:18 AM   #623
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ I just thought it would be a neat touch, that's all. And don't tell me you haven't thought about what Worf would have been like in that timeline.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old May 1 2013, 01:25 AM   #624
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

I assume Worf would have been killed at Khitomer as a child. A Federation starship likely would not have been in the area to aid and find Worf.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 01:32 AM   #625
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

^ Then again, the whole situation at Khitomer might have gone differently. Perhaps Ja'Rod (the traitor) was killed, and thus never got the chance to betray the colony to the Romulans...
Old May 1 2013, 01:42 AM   #626
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Tried the Newport, Kentucky Target just a few minutes ago. They had no copies of Season 3, one copy of The Best of Both Worlds and no Hot Wheels Enterprise. So I left there empty handed.
Old May 1 2013, 01:46 AM   #627
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

I got to this shot in The Ensigns of Command. Yup, it's definitely the 2-footer.

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...command191.jpg

And it's still quite ugly. CBS-D did their best to improve the original shot.
Old May 1 2013, 02:09 AM   #628
dg1379
Commander

jimbotron wrote: View Post
I got to this shot in The Ensigns of Command. Yup, it's definitely the 2-footer.

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...command191.jpg

And it's still quite ugly. CBS-D did their best to improve the original shot.
I just finished watching this episode. That shot is hideous.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 02:18 AM   #629
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Watching "The Ensigns of Command" right now... Make sure to pause and read the text of the Treaty of Armens when it's on screen. Someone had a little fun writing that...

Anyway, as for the episode itself, been years since I watched it last (probably not since I did my epic chronological viewing of all of Trek.) The story is serviceable enough, and I like all the scenes on board the Enterprise. The bit with Picard checking on the progress in the transporter room made me laugh, the ready room scene with Troi sounded a little prescient of "Darmok", and the conclusion of Picard's negotiations with the Sheliak is a total hoot (and great shot of the bridge plaque!) On the other hand, it's the colony scenes with Data that sort of pull down the episode because they're saddled with some really lousy guest actors. The design of the Sheliak is pretty cheesy as well.

Last edited by Evil Twin; May 1 2013 at 02:43 AM.
Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 03:24 AM   #630
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Last time I knock HTV

Meh:
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...ild_hd_008.jpg

That's how it's done:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...remastered.jpg