RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,361
Posts: 5,446,181
Members: 24,970
Currently online: 490
Newest member: LaciFalor

TrekToday headlines

Kruge Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2 2013, 07:11 PM   #391
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jellico was refreshing to see. He was a hard-ass that took some getting used to, but he was a good captain. Shows like these had the tendency to make your mind up for you and make difficult characters incompetent and unlikable (Kosinski, almost every admiral - especially Nechayev).
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2013, 09:13 PM   #392
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

If nothing else, I love Jellico for finally getting Troi to wear a real uniform.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2013, 09:58 PM   #393
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

^That is a very good point. That was the best thing to come out of that show.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2013, 10:09 PM   #394
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

When Burnett and Lay work on the season 6 VAM, I hope they tell the story of Troi's costume change. There has to be at least one interesting anecdote there.

If RDM records a commentary for Chain of Command, then that should do the trick.

Chain of Command changed not only Troi's costume, but also got rid of Livingston (the fish in the ready room).
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2013, 10:23 PM   #395
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

jimbotron wrote: View Post
When Burnett and Lay work on the season 6 VAM, I hope they tell the story of Troi's costume change. There has to be at least one interesting anecdote there.

If RDM records a commentary for Chain of Command, then that should do the trick.

Chain of Command changed not only Troi's costume, but also got rid of Livingston (the fish in the ready room).
We will get a 30 minute documentary about why Troi was put in the uniform in the S6 BRs.

It was Moore's idea by the way and Marina happily went along with it.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 01:21 AM   #396
Borjis
Commodore
 
Borjis's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
If nothing else, I love Jellico for finally getting Troi to wear a real uniform.
AMEN!

When he told her that I was like FINALLY!!!
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2013, 01:27 AM   #397
The Fiend
Torturing Savage Dragon
 
The Fiend's Avatar
 
Location: Hell
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Me too. Personally, I thought it was her best look on the show.
The Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 10:55 PM   #398
Salinga
Captain
 
Salinga's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Sirtis loved that too, because with the uniform, Troi got her brains back.
Salinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2013, 11:32 PM   #399
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Salinga wrote: View Post
Sirtis loved that too, because with the uniform, Troi got her brains back.
Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in purple catsuit - 0

Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in Starfleet uniform - 2

jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2013, 03:52 AM   #400
Tosk
Rear Admiral
 
Tosk's Avatar
 
Location: On the run.
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

jimbotron wrote: View Post
Salinga wrote: View Post
Sirtis loved that too, because with the uniform, Troi got her brains back.
Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in purple catsuit - 0

Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in Starfleet uniform - 2

Versus this little gem from Troi in her jumpsuit:

O'Brien "If it falls to fifteen percent the field will collapse and we'll have a containment breach."
Troi "Which means?"
Ro "Which means the ship will explode."

Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 09:28 AM   #401
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

davejames wrote: View Post
If nothing else, I love Jellico for finally getting Troi to wear a real uniform.
Great point! +1
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 04:38 PM   #402
Screamy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Screamy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Screamy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Screamy
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Tosk wrote: View Post
jimbotron wrote: View Post
Salinga wrote: View Post
Sirtis loved that too, because with the uniform, Troi got her brains back.
Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in purple catsuit - 0

Times Troi crashed the Enterprise in Starfleet uniform - 2

Versus this little gem from Troi in her jumpsuit:

O'Brien "If it falls to fifteen percent the field will collapse and we'll have a containment breach."
Troi "Which means?"
Ro "Which means the ship will explode."

It seems like that is what would be taught on the first day at the Academy.

Core breach=bad
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Screamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 05:00 AM   #403
Tosk
Rear Admiral
 
Tosk's Avatar
 
Location: On the run.
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

"Well, look at that! 'Breach hull, all die' - I even had it underlined!"
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 01:43 PM   #404
Cap.T
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

According to german side areadvd.de season 4 is scheduled for release in Germany on July 18th.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 01:48 PM   #405
sadsquid
Lieutenant
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

That pretty much lines up with what I saw on the Australia section of blu-ray.com. Apparently Paramount have set the release date for Season 4 as July 23 here.
sadsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.