RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,962
Posts: 5,391,657
Members: 24,719
Currently online: 597
Newest member: terkarivish

TrekToday headlines

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Free Star Trek Trexels Game
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

New Trek-themed Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Aug 21

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 20 2013, 06:19 PM   #331
LitmusDragon
Commodore
 
LitmusDragon's Avatar
 
Location: The Barmuda Triangle
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

It's about a month from release, should we be expecting some new screencaps soon?
__________________
I made an 8-bit style RPG, here it is
I'm getting married on July 19, 2014.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2013, 08:31 AM   #332
Patrick O'Brien
Captain
 
Patrick O'Brien's Avatar
 
Location: Brooklyn NY
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Zaku wrote: View Post
37.20 € (47.95 $) on Amazon.it!

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Obviously region free!
I hope the US price drops to $47.95
__________________
The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. McCoy, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Patrick O'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 10:47 PM   #333
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exc...review-stills/

Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year) have given us some new photos on Season 3 (Non-Best of Both Worlds stuff) for us to either enjoy or complain about. Personally, these shots look absolutely stunning but the last time shots were released, it brought some controversy along the way. With that being said, complain away.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 10:56 PM   #334
Jefferies
Captain
 
Jefferies's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exc...review-stills/

Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year) have given us some new photos on Season 3 (Non-Best of Both Worlds stuff) for us to either enjoy or complain about. Personally, these shots look absolutely stunning but the last time shots were released, it brought some controversy along the way. With that being said, complain away.
These shots are all amazing! How are these guys doing this - turning a cheap looking 80s TV series into something modern and cinematic? It's an absolute credit to the outstanding talent at CBS Digital! HMV's work is simply pathetic by comparison. I wish CBS D could remaster all of the seasons. Do we have any info yet on who is doing seasons 4 and 6?
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 11:09 PM   #335
MickJo1701
Commander
 
MickJo1701's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exc...review-stills/

Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year) have given us some new photos on Season 3 (Non-Best of Both Worlds stuff) for us to either enjoy or complain about. Personally, these shots look absolutely stunning but the last time shots were released, it brought some controversy along the way. With that being said, complain away.
I like many others have been vocal about HTV's work in remastering TNG but there is absolutely no reason for any complaints here. The shots look just as good if not better than the work on Season 1!
MickJo1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 11:11 PM   #336
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year)
Why thank you, sir! That's a wonderful compliment

Jefferies wrote: View Post
These shots are all amazing! How are these guys doing this - turning a cheap looking 80s TV series into something modern and cinematic? It's an absolute credit to the outstanding talent at CBS Digital! HMV's work is simply pathetic by comparison. I wish CBS D could remaster all of the seasons. Do we have any info yet on who is doing seasons 4 and 6?
S4 is currently being done by an independent post-house with the close assistance of CBS Digital for renewed internal consistency. From what I understand the results are far closer to CBS-D's work.
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 11:25 PM   #337
Maxwell Everett
Commodore
 
Maxwell Everett's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jefferies wrote: View Post
These shots are all amazing! How are these guys doing this - turning a cheap looking 80s TV series into something modern and cinematic? It's an absolute credit to the outstanding talent at CBS Digital!
Yes, and also to the original camera crew and VFX teams that did this work in '89 & '90. With the exception of the planets that were done on the Quantel Mirage in video res, the miniatures were shot on 35mm film and look fantastic to this day. So, it's a case of quality in, quality out. You need both working in concert though!
__________________
"Shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion." -Thomas Jefferson
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2013, 11:29 PM   #338
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year)
Why thank you, sir! That's a wonderful compliment
You guys have deserved it. From the interviews to just the coverage of the blu rays and music releases, you guys have been absolutely amazing. Maybe part of that is just an additive of excitement, but everything is just so detailed and written so well that it's really remarkable how far you guys have come since the "Let's only put the episode trailers on Youtube and have a forum" days. Keep up the amazing work.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 12:30 AM   #339
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Totally agreed about those new shots. The planets look absolutely amazing now and the uniforms look better than ever. If it wasn't for Troi's frizzy 80s hair, I'd never believe I was looking at something from 24 years ago.

Although is it just me, or does the picture look slightly compressed now compared to the original versions? Or maybe the actors were always a bit thinner than they appeared and we just never knew it.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 07:00 AM   #340
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Thanks, TrekCore! I've been looking forward to some season 3 stills.

I agree with tomalak. I usually stop by the site daily to check for any news.

The four foot model never looked so good:
http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/image...w-313-3-hd.jpg

And unfortunately, it never looked that good again....
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 10:17 AM   #341
Tosk
Rear Admiral
 
Tosk's Avatar
 
Location: On the run.
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

That's probably her very best angle.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 01:12 PM   #342
Start Wreck
Fleet Captain
 
Start Wreck's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exc...review-stills/

Our friends at Trekcore (Basically the go to site for Star Trek news since last year) have given us some new photos on Season 3 (Non-Best of Both Worlds stuff) for us to either enjoy or complain about. Personally, these shots look absolutely stunning but the last time shots were released, it brought some controversy along the way. With that being said, complain away.
Oh my, those look incredible!


Of what controversy do you speak?
__________________
Fallen Star - My home-made sci-fi TV show
Start Wreck - My Star Trek spoof web comic
Doctor Who From The Start - A n00b does a blog

Last edited by Start Wreck; March 26 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Start Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 01:29 PM   #343
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Start Wreck wrote: View Post
Of what controversy do you speak?
The Season 2 screencap releases? More and more, I would love to see Season 2 remade by CBS. I just can't bring myself to buy Season 2, regardless of whether or not people say 'it's not that bad'. It's bad enough. Maybe I'll get it used someday...I don't know.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 01:31 PM   #344
NewHorizon
Captain
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
S4 is currently being done by an independent post-house with the close assistance of CBS Digital for renewed internal consistency. From what I understand the results are far closer to CBS-D's work.
This is still a VERY scary prospect. Is there any chance of a few screen shots to give us a 'taste' of what this independent post-house is capable of? I certainly hope far closer means indistinguishable.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 01:42 PM   #345
Start Wreck
Fleet Captain
 
Start Wreck's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Presumably, an S4 trailer will show up soon, if it's included in the S3 set.
__________________
Fallen Star - My home-made sci-fi TV show
Start Wreck - My Star Trek spoof web comic
Doctor Who From The Start - A n00b does a blog
Start Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.