Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 18 2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Star Trek Film Makers Association

All:

As discussed in another thread, Phase II, Secret Voyage, Ajax, Intrepid and Axanar had a conference call to kick off a new project meant to help all Star Trek film makers by sharing resources. We have tentatively called it the Star Trek Film Maker's Association.

The idea came up when I was chatting with Craig Sheeler of Star Trek: Secret Voyage and figuring out ways we could help each other. Subsequent talks with Jim Bray of Starship Ajax and Nick Cook of Intrepid, lead us to decide to have a conference call and we did. James Cawley of Phase II also said he would do whatever to aid the cause.

Already I have introduced Craig to several people, including my effects guy Pony Horton (of P II fame) and I introduced Jim Bray to James Cawley (Jim is now going to next P2 month's shoot). I also have a box of uniforms from Star Trek: The Experience that I got CBS to donate to Intrepid.

The whole idea has been to share resources, including talent, sound stages, assets, marketing and more. We truly believe a rising tide raises all ships and we believe in helping each other. We all want to do anything we can to see each other successful. If you can buy into that, we would love to have you.

Alec Peters

Founding Members:

Star Trek: Phase II
Star Trek: Axanar
Star Trek: Intrepid
Star Trek: Secret Voyage
Starship Ajax

New Members:

Yorktown: A Time to Heal

SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES

1. We share people and personnel by introducing our team to other productions.

2. We share marketing ideas and promotion on our websites / Facebook pages.

3. We share our sets and sound stages, expecting that guest productions pay the basic expenses for the time used.

4. We share ideas, exchange information, and help however we can.

Alec

Last edited by Linnear; October 18 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Linnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Film Makers Association

Do you want this group to be by invitation only, or do you want applicants, and if you want applicants, and you tell me how they are to apply, I'll give that information as a Headline at Star Trek Reviewed.

Who do they contact, how, what do they have to show to join, etc.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you want to go by invitation only, I invite you to look through my listings to find potential joiners.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 02:41 PM   #3
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

As I mentioned before, I really like the idea and am glad to see people wanting to work together. I would bet anyone who's thinking about making a fan film of any kind would find your group helpful. Best of luck!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Groups can contact me offline. We are putting together guidelines for membership now. But a very open, generous, cooperative attitude is essential. I would dare say we wouldn't tolerate the nonsense with the unauthorized Kitumba release in our group. That kind of disrespect has no place on fan film making. We are about doing whatever to help each other, as all the Founders have already demonstrated.

Alec
Old October 18 2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

So you're planning on excluding Farragut and Star Trek Continues?
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Tom
Rear Admiral

Also there is some good marketing potential here if these groups can also promote each other on their sites and elsewhere. I may want to get involved with RS.

Last edited by Tom; October 18 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 04:15 PM   #7
Tom
Rear Admiral

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
I hope not, that sends a bad message. Dispite some individual anomosity that exists it would be for the greater good if they were onboard too IMO.

Last edited by Tom; October 18 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 04:25 PM   #8
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Exactly, Tom. I wouldn't want to be a part of a group that excludes others.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Tom
Rear Admiral

Indeed, an association such as this would go a long way to healing the issues that may exist between two 'at odds' groups. The other members group can act as arbitrators or simply 3rd party council.
Old October 18 2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Captain Atkin
Commander

He never said he was excluding anyone. He just mentioned the Kitumba incident as being something that they would not want to see happen between the members involved in this association.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 05:51 PM   #11
USS Intrepid
Commodore

I'd like to say, for the record, I have no axe to grind with anyone from Continues or especially Farragut. Indeed, I count several people from the Farragut team as friends and colleagues, and people who have helped me out on more than one occasion.

I can't and won't comment on things that did not and do not involve me. I work on these projects because I enjoy them, and because I sometimes have an opportunity to work with people I like and/or admire. There's a lot of good people out there, and that's what this group is about. To my mind at least.

Last edited by USS Intrepid; October 18 2012 at 07:38 PM.
USS Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
He never said he was excluding anyone. He just mentioned the Kitumba incident as being something that they would not want to see happen between the members involved in this association.

Thank you Atkin. We will consider all interested parties. Star Trek Continues clearly has no interest in working with anyone as their executive producer continues to bad mouth Phase II and Axanar. So he is excluding himself. Todd Haberkorn, who is playing Spock for STC is one of my dear friends and I wish the crew well.

I have always liked John Broughton of Farragut and so if he calls and wants to be part, and if he is willing to help others as we have all agreed to help each other, I would love to have him part of this.

I indicated a behavior which is not acceptable to this group. That is all.

Randy: You don't even indicate you would want to be part of this group, or are interested in helping others. Your first two posts are rather negative. If you don't want to be part of the group, just don't post. This thread is for people who want to work together, not create drama.

Alec
Old October 18 2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

Duplicate post
Old October 18 2012, 06:14 PM   #14
CaptainSerek
Commander

View CaptainSerek's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to CaptainSerek Send a message via AIM to CaptainSerek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CaptainSerek Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainSerek

Star Trek - The Intrepid Adventures is my modest example of what you guys are doing. I would not mind being a part of this although my production is still in pre-preproduction. Thanks in advance.
Old October 18 2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Linnear
Lieutenant Commander

CaptainSerek wrote: View Post
Star Trek - The Intrepid Adventures is my modest example of what you guys are doing. I would not mind being a part of this although my production is still in pre-preproduction. Thanks in advance.

We would love to have you! You are obviously a dedicated forum member who is passionate about fan films.

Alec