Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old August 29 2014, 05:29 PM   #1
allstar77
Ensign

Is Enterprise anyone's favorite Trek?

Someone here posted a viewing order for Star Trek beginning with Enterprise, and I've been following it. I'll be honest, I've only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes until now. I wasn't impressed, but it's really growing on me. Anyone with a similar experience?

- Archer and Tucker
allstar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2014, 09:13 PM   #2
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: Is Enterprise anyone's favorite Trek?

Season 3 is my favourite season/story arc in all of Trek, but ENT's first two seasons had too many awful episodes for it be my overall favourite series.
Old August 29 2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Melakon
Vice Admiral

The people who grew up seeing Enterprise first, making it their favorite Trek, probably aren't old enough to be on the board yet.
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

ENT has been my favorite Trek series ever since it started. I like it a lot better than any other form of Trek (film OR TV). And I saw it last, since I'm 44.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2014, 09:34 PM   #5
feek61
Captain

Not my favorite (nothing beats TOS for me) but it is my NEXT favorite trek (does that count?)!
Old August 29 2014, 09:54 PM   #6
Goji
Rear Admiral

I'd say comfortably third for me, behind DS9 and TOS. But I have come to appreciate it much more than I used to. I do feel like I "grew up" with it, at least in part. Its four seasons coincide exactly with my four years of high school, though I missed large sections of its last two seasons due to being busy getting ready to graduate and preparing to move on to college. I agree with the apparent consensus that season 4 is the best, which is interesting since the only episode I can remember watching as it aired is the last one with Brent Spiner in it. Those were the days before I owned a DVR, or knew what one was.
Old August 29 2014, 10:49 PM   #7
Robert D. Robot
Captain

It is difficult for me to gauge how much the nostalgia factor of TOS contributes to my enjoyment of the show, but TOS is my favorite. I really do like Enterprise, and I have since the first episode. For me, Enterprise is either tied with TNG for second or trails that series in a close third place. I also enjoy DS9 and Voyager, but they fill the lower two spots.

Tripp is one of my favorite characters in Trek. I enjoyed his character and I enjoyed reading the literature about his post-Enterprise adventures.

Last edited by Robert D. Robot; Yesterday at 01:58 AM.
Robert D. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2014, 11:57 PM   #8
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

When I was in the middle of watching seasons 3 and 4 for the first time there were a few points there where it was my favorite Trek. I do remember thinking that some episodes were the best Trek there was. I had some years when I was doing a lot of complete rewatches of DS9, VOY and ENT and generally whichever one I was in was my favorite at the time.

Interesting about sentiment, ENT is too fresh in my mind to have generated any whereas I can watch a middling DS9 ep and sentiment carries me through.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2014, 11:59 PM   #9
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

feek61 wrote: View Post
Not my favorite (nothing beats TOS for me) but it is my NEXT favorite trek (does that count?)!
^^^
I feel the exact same way (and personally, I grew up with the original STAR TREK when it was first run on NBC.)
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM   #10
allstar77
Ensign

TOS was on when I was born but no memory of its original run. For me, TOS and TAS were one and the same. So, I grew up with everything original. TNG came and could be very preachy at times, the ship was ugly, interiors looked like a cruise ship, but surprisingly, TNG became my favorite. Then came DS9 and VOY and it became too much to keep up with. Except for First Contact, I really didn't like the TNG films.

I call myself a reborn trekker. I'm watching from Enterprise forward, and I'm finding myself enjoying it. I admit to several episodes having WTF moments, but for the most part, there's no companion shows and continuities to keep up with. I like the characters, the ship, most of the stories.

If I had to rank the TV series:

ENT
TOS & TAS
TNG
VOY
DS9

But I've not really watched the latter two, and all that could change when I get to them. Right now, I just feel very relaxed and comfortable with ENT.

Thanks for listening!

- Archer and Tucker
allstar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #11
dub
Fleet Captain

S3 is my favorite season of all of the Trek series. Blew me away. Though DS9 is my favorite overall series.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM   #12
AllStarEntprise
Fleet Captain

ENT isn't my #1 but it is my #3. Coming after TNG & films and TOS & films + Reboot. #4 being DS9, #5 VOY and #6 TAS.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM   #13
Last Redshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Enterprise isn't my favorite simply because it always feels very...bland. It lacks the soul that TOS, TNG, DS9, and even VOY had. It takes noticeably longer for the series to truly find itself (all series, IMO, had gotten their footing by the middle of the second season, while it took ENT until the third to get what it should've been like) and by the time it had really gotten good with the last wo seasons it really picked itself up.

For my list, it'll be

TNG
TOS
DS9
ENT
VOY
Last Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 AM   #14
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

The last time I did a Enterprise watch, I found that Season 3 was my favorite season, not really for the plot, but for the character work and development. These characters were not the same at the end of the season as they were when they first entered The Expanse. While the series wasn't my favorite (It's last on my rankings), Season 3 is one of my top 5 favorite trek seasons. As for Ranking the series from favorite to least favorite:

TNG/DS9
Voyager
Star Trek
Enterprise
The Animated Series
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #15
Lucky
Commander

It isn't my favorite, but I do have a special attachment for the show because it is the first Star Trek show I watched from the beginning to the end during its original run on television. Waiting each week for a new episode was tough. My favorite season was 4, I loved the multi-episode stories and it seemed like the show was reaching its potential. If it had had 3 more seasons of that quality, it might have been able to compete to be my favorite. Still, as it is, it will always be a show I have a lot of affection for.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote