Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old April 30 2013, 09:47 PM   #166
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: IDW Star Trek Ongoing...

mattman8907 wrote: View Post
why hasn't Issue #20 been released?
It got delayed. This is common with IDW. And I imagine other comic publihers, IDW is the only one I really pay any attention to.
Old May 1 2013, 12:34 AM   #167
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
mattman8907 wrote: View Post
why hasn't Issue #20 been released?
It will be in stores next Wednesday.
next wednesday as in the 8th? when issue #21 was supposed to be released or this wednesday?
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 12:46 AM   #168
sulfur
Lieutenant Commander

Not according to "previews world" it won't be. Not on the list for May 1 or May 8.
sulfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 01:19 AM   #169
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I believe #21 is scheduled for release on May 22. It takes place after the events of the movie, starting a story arc titled "After Darkness."
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 02:34 AM   #170
ATimson
Rear Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
I believe #21 is scheduled for release on May 22. It takes place after the events of the movie, starting a story arc titled "After Darkness."
It was originally solicited for the 8th (presumably in error, being post-movie); I don't know what kind of framework there is in place for "officially" delaying comics, though.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 04:16 AM   #171
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

sulfur wrote: View Post
Not according to "previews world" it won't be. Not on the list for May 1 or May 8.
Check again tomorrow morning.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 12:20 AM   #172
Daddy Todd
Captain

IDW have announced that the next three issues (21, 22 & 23) will be an Into Darkness follow-up, called After Darkness.

Nothing has been announced following #23. Is that going to be the end of the line for Star Trek Ongoing?
Daddy Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 12:25 AM   #173
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

I doubt it. Why stop? They just have no reason to announce what the next issue is this far in advance.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 12:30 AM   #174
Christopher
Writer

Daddy Todd wrote: View Post
Nothing has been announced following #23. Is that going to be the end of the line for Star Trek Ongoing?
As far as I can tell, IDW has only announced its upcoming publications through July, which is when #23 will be published. It looks to me like the August solicitations will be announced sometime next week, going by previous months' schedules, so we'll probably hear about #24 then.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 12:50 AM   #175
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

Is that going to be the end of the line for Star Trek Ongoing?
Only if they plan to restart at #1.

We had this discussion here a few months ago. AFAIK, "Star Trek Ongoing" is getting good sales figures and was a useful way to keep fans excited between movies. Why stop now?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 01:56 AM   #176
The Wormhole
Admiral

ryan123450 wrote: View Post
I doubt it. Why stop? They just have no reason to announce what the next issue is this far in advance.
At the very least, issue 24 is guaranteed since IDW usually releases four issues minimum in their graphic novel compilations, and you need issue 24 to get that minimum.
Old May 11 2013, 04:14 AM   #177
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

No, there will be an issue #24. The solicitation text should be public next Friday.

allyngibson.net
Old May 11 2013, 04:34 AM   #178
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
At the very least, issue 24 is guaranteed since IDW usually releases four issues minimum in their graphic novel compilations, and you need issue 24 to get that minimum.
I hadn't thought of that. Issue #24 may be a one-and-done, since "After Darkness" is three issues (#21-23), and IDW is printing four issues per Ongoing volume.

allyngibson.net
Old May 12 2013, 01:12 AM   #179
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

The plotting of the movie was quite poor but I really enjoyed the little nods to the comics.

Minor Spoilers:
I was both pleased but also a bit miffed that the security guards they chose to feature appeared to be Hendorff and Boma. Nice to see a comic character brought to life but what a wasted opportunity to feature Zahra or Janice and even up the women a bit more.
Epic fail on the sexism front yet again btw.
I was genuinely upset that they officially wrote out Chris Chapel. It seemed like a really pointless thing to do, especially as they featured some nurses later on and even had a scene involving biological research that would have been perfect for her. It felt like a cruel slap in the face for Majel. I'm hoping that it was a deliberate Easter egg for an upcoming comic story. There are some suggestions that this might be the case but if it's not wtf were they thinking?

I am really looking forward to the 3 issue movie sequel as I've been moaning about the stories being too short for some time. Despite my reservations about the movie and the foolhardy way they keep amping the tech without understanding the potential consequences, I'm also hoping an adaptation is coming out to fill in the gaps.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2013, 01:31 AM   #180
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

Pauln6 wrote: View Post
It felt like a cruel slap in the face for Majel.
Oh c'mon!

Fans have been panicking here for months re "Who's going to voice the computer now that Majel is gone?" I wasn't expecting to see Chapel onscreen, and I loved that she scored a mention in a funny and informative scene.

I saw the Chapel namedrop as an acknowledgement of the Chapel/Marcus friendship that was a major part of the bonus material in the ST III novelization (or a fluke coincidence).

I would also not be surprised if Chapel finds Korby on her own this time, perhaps in an IDW comic, for a spin on "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" It would be an interesting adventure for Science Officer 0718, too, when the Enterprise is called in to help.

I was both pleased but also a bit miffed that the security guards they chose to feature appeared to be Hendorff and Boma. Nice to see a comic character brought to life
Hendorff was namedropped in IDW's comics and STiD, but he's Cupcake from the first movie. And credited as "Cupcake" in this movie.

So how is he "a comic character brought to life"?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote