Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old November 23 2012, 04:16 PM   #31
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Re: Awesome Quotes

marillion wrote: View Post
^^ Awesome!! So jealous you got to see them.. Closest they came to New Mexico was Denver, but it was our busy time of the year at the office and there was no way I could get there... I wish Albuquerque was more of a "destination." "Disconnected" "Sovereign Light Cafe" are my favs as well..
I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't go see them, because it's soooo worth it! They are awesome live, and Tom's even better than on the records. The funny thing is, I've been living in Germany for a few years now, and Keane aren't so big around here...meaning they play at smaller venues than at home. The 02 in London is huge, but the place they played at in Hamburg was less than half its size. I was standing right at the front, and it was so great! *swoon* At some point, when Tom announced Hamburg Song, my sister and I kind of flipped out a little, and he grinned down at us. That was the best.

Anyway, Tim's got the tattoo-worthiest quotes of all time. For me.
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 07:06 AM   #32
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral

A friend of mine by the name of Alan Lutton posted something on Livejournal a few years ago that I loved so much, I appropriated it for my email signature (with his permission, of course, though it throws him whenever I email him and he sees it):

Nature abhors a vacuum, which explains why drama appears where communication is lacking.
Another friend, James Nicoll, posted something online about 20 years ago which has become rather famous:

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
I frequently see this printed on t-shirts with no attribution, or with an incorrect attribution, so I always point out who actually said it.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2012, 07:09 AM   #33
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

"HOLY MOLEY!!! Man, woman and child, did that put 'em in the aisles! Johnny 'The Jet' Rodgers just tore 'em loose from their shoes!" - Lyell Bremser

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 01:23 AM   #34
Jan
Commodore

I've got two particular faves:

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~ Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

"Please consider yourself, now and henceforth, and no matter what anyone else ever tells you, free to do any damend thing you want that doesn't hurt someone else unnecessarily." ~~ Lady Sally McGee (Spider Robinson)

Jan
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote