RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,353
Posts: 5,354,965
Members: 24,623
Currently online: 575
Newest member: niko

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old November 27 2012, 04:35 PM   #1
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

The synopsis of the film has not even been out of a whole day and the TOS purists are already having meltdowns. You need to read some of the silly comments posted on trekmovie about the plot of the film.

Many of them are already accusing the film of been all action and no story. Some of them are saying Trek is all about exploring new worlds and visiting strange planets, Trek is not about nuclear weapons and war.

I don’t think that it is fair at all to start criticizing JJ and his crew, when the film is not even out. I believe this synopsis works fine for a Trek film, I don’t understand why many Trek fans don’t get that a movie with only 3 hours or less to tell a story and a TV series that has like 22 episode to tell a similar story is not the same thing.

Believe me, the main movie going audience will be bored to death if they go and see a Trek film that is all about exploring new planet and peacefully chatting with aliens.

If you like that so so much.... go watch the TV series.
serenitytrek1 is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain
 
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

It has Starfleet traitors. The series did some really deep stories with tha stuff; Equinox, Homefront.

This going to be great.
Drago-Kazov is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 04:43 PM   #3
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

Welcome to the internet.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Oso Blanco
Commodore
 
Oso Blanco's Avatar
 
Location: Berlin, Germany
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

I absolutely agree. I just hope that it won't have as many plotholes as the first one did.
__________________
Time is the fire in which we burn
Oso Blanco is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander
 
Malaika's Avatar
 
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

I stopped to read the comments over trekmovie.com ages ago.
__________________
Kirk: So her first name's Nyota?
Spock: I have no comment on the matter.
Malaika is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 04:47 PM   #6
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
You need to read some of the silly comments posted on trekmovie about the plot of the film.
I really don't think I do.

In any case, it all sounds like another normal day on the internet. Just you wait until the 9-minutes and the trailer come.
__________________


Last edited by SalvorHardin; November 27 2012 at 05:05 PM.
SalvorHardin is online now  
Old November 27 2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

The only reason most trekkies want information about upcoming Trek movies and TV shows is so that they can critique and decry the shortcomings and inevitable failures of the producers.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 05:04 PM   #8
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

And people wonder why the studios are so secretive these days . . . .
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 05:05 PM   #9
Matt S
Lieutenant
 
Matt S's Avatar
 
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

Nerds......nuf said
__________________
Balok knows all!!!!!
Matt S is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 05:22 PM   #10
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

Malaika wrote: View Post
I stopped to read the comments over trekmovie.com ages ago.
I like trek movie but trekbbs is my favorite, however the reason why I like going on trekmmovie so much is because of how active the site is. a single article on the site can have like 3000 comments.

However they don't have a message board like this site. I must say the worst is startrek.com. The site bores me to death, can you believe that they have not even reported the synopsis of Trek 2013.

Its kind of disappointing as startrek.com is perhaps the first trek site that comes up on the internet.

I just can’t wait for the official site to this film.

But back to my post...The TOS purist just needs to calm down.


If you dont like JJ and his films, there are 6 other TOS films to watch that are free of the JJ sickness.
serenitytrek1 is offline  
Old November 27 2012, 05:27 PM   #11
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
The synopsis of the film has not even been out of a whole day and the TOS purists are already having meltdowns. You need to read some of the silly comments posted on trekmovie about the plot of the film.

Many of them are already accusing the film of been all action and no story. Some of them are saying Trek is all about exploring new worlds and visiting strange planets, Trek is not about nuclear weapons and war.

I don’t think that it is fair at all to start criticizing JJ and his crew, when the film is not even out. I believe this synopsis works fine for a Trek film, I don’t understand why many Trek fans don’t get that a movie with only 3 hours or less to tell a story and a TV series that has like 22 episode to tell a similar story is not the same thing.

Believe me, the main movie going audience will be bored to death if they go and see a Trek film that is all about exploring new planet and peacefully chatting with aliens.

If you like that so so much.... go watch the TV series.
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Malaika wrote: View Post
I stopped to read the comments over trekmovie.com ages ago.
I like trek movie but trekbbs is my favorite, however the reason why I like going on trekmmovie so much is because of how active the site is. a single article on the site can have like 3000 comments.

However they don't have a message board like this site. I must say the worst is startrek.com. The site bores me to death, can you believe that they have not even reported the synopsis of Trek 2013.

Its kind of disappointing as startrek.com is perhaps the first trek site that comes up on the internet.

I just can’t wait for the official site to this film.

But back to my post...The TOS purist just needs to calm down.


If you dont like JJ and his films, there are 6 other TOS films to watch that are free of the JJ sickness.
Haven't you started that blog yet?

Thread closed. Warning for spamming. Comments to PM.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.

Last edited by M'Sharak; November 27 2012 at 05:37 PM.
M'Sharak is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.