RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,819
Currently online: 436
Newest member: Werner Bitterli

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old November 26 2012, 04:20 AM   #16
t_smitts
Commander

Re: The "Johnny Lightning" ship series

DS9forever wrote: View Post
Galoob, Furuta and F-Toys all released the Defiant, Corgi planned to; strange that Johnny Lightning didn't.
They actually didn't release anything associated with DS9, except the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Majestic.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2012, 11:28 AM   #17
SimpleLogic

Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
Here's another pic I've done a tribute to the enterprise family !!!

The enterprises pictured are JL or Furuta

What are those pictures around the large Enterprise photo?
Old November 27 2012, 04:11 AM   #18
t_smitts
Commander

t_smitts wrote: View Post
DS9forever wrote: View Post
Galoob, Furuta and F-Toys all released the Defiant, Corgi planned to; strange that Johnny Lightning didn't.
They actually didn't release anything associated with DS9, except the blink-and-you'll-miss-it Majestic.
I just received a Furuta Jem'Hadar ship and Prometheus that I'd bought on eBay a while back.

They're not to scale with the Johnny Lighting ships, but their size is pretty close, and they actually made a good many of the familiar ships that JL never did: "B", "C", and "E", Nebula, Stargazer, Defiant, Excelsior, Grissom, Pasteur, DS9, Runabout, Jem'Hadar, Klingon BoP and Vor'Cha, Romulan Warbird, Ferengi Marauder, and Cardassian Galor.

Plus they had some I never expected like the aforementioned Prometheus (if you're wondering, no, it doesn't separate), Equinox (I really want that one!), 8472 ship, Phoenix, Kazon ship.

Plus some of the ones JL did do: Both versions of TOS Enterprise, plus "A" and "D", Voyager, Reliant, Galileo, and Borg. (Interestingly, no NX-01).

Even the stands are rather reminiscent of the JL ones. So if you can find some at a reasonable price, the Furuta ones might be a nice gap filler.
Old December 22 2012, 08:09 AM   #19
t_smitts
Commander

A JL Constitution class Defiant I ordered on eBay finally arrived today. It includes a "phaser beam" coming from the bottom of the saucer section which, fortunately, is removable, unlike the ones on the later-edition NX-01 they made. Obviously, as I've said before, this was an attempt to save time and money by using existing molds, though this is a much better solution than that silly "battle damaged" nonsense. Pity they never made a Constellation.

It's a nice looking ship, though I think the Micro Machines TOS Enterprise might be a bit better. Though the Defiant, being larger, is allowed some more small details like tiny windows, the red and green lights on either side of the saucer, and other paint schemes, there were a few things that bothered me:

The deflector dish really sticks out. I mean, like a lot! Alsom he saucer itself looks a bit thinner than it should be.

The main thing that bothers me, though, is the main registry on the saucer. It's way too thick. I wonder if someone didn't have it set on "bold" when they typed it into the computer. We've seen enough shots of the Enterprise, Defiant, and Constellation to know this doesn't look right.

Still, I think it was worth the money. I'm happy with it.
Old December 22 2012, 06:16 PM   #20
KirkPicard
Captain

Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
Here's another pic I've done a tribute to the enterprise family !!!

The enterprises pictured are JL or Furuta

That is a magnificent portrait. Is that a Lightspeed Fine Arts piece?