TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old October 16 2012, 04:22 PM   #1
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
New candid Nana Visitor interview

Hi all, I spoke with Nana Visitor last night and have transcribed the interview over at TrekCore: http://www.trekcore.com/interviews/n...interview.html

She's quite candid about the perception of DS9, friendships amongst the cast, the potential of a DS9 movie and other hot-button topics. Hope you all enjoy reading it.
Old October 16 2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Jimi_James
Lieutenant Commander

View Jimi_James's Twitter Profile
Re: New candid Nana Visitor interview

That was a great interview. Nana Visitor, aside from having an awesomely unique name, is among my favorite Trek actors and Kira is by far my favorite Trek female character. She's also one of the main reasons why I like Bajorans so much. The majority of the Bajorans are such strong and driven characters, like Kira and Ro. You rarely see any Bajoran's that are weak or defenseless. And above all, they're survivors. Whatever the universe throws at them, they'll take it and drive on, or die trying.

My YouTube Gaming Channel
Jimi_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Bumbles861
Admiral

Great interview. Thanks for posting.
Bumbles861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2012, 10:16 PM   #4
Seven of Five
Commodore

Kira was one of my favourite DS9 characters, and she was superbly played by Visitor. A class act in interviews too.
Old October 19 2012, 06:14 PM   #5
matthunter
Vice Admiral

Nana Visitor IS an awesome name, albeit written down it looks like someone paid to come and keep your elderly relatives company.

Seriously, though, that was a great interview. I'm curious about the "sneak away and catch up" comment about Siggid... have they moved on to new partners? If not, they still sound VERY close, so I wonder if "catch up" might have a bit more meaning...
If you're frustrated with a smug, arrogant right-wing nutjob poster who never backs up their arguments and twists out of answering straight questions, try the Ignore feature! Now with raspberry filling.
matthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20 2012, 03:04 AM   #6
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Nana and Sid moved on to other partners a decade ago.

(IMO) The question was in regards to a DS9 reunion, so the "sneak away" comment is just meant to indicate that it'll be a get-together for them, not fans.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 01:35 PM   #7
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

That was indeed a very interesting interview. She sounds like fun. Thanks for the post.
Old October 27 2012, 04:31 PM   #8
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Great interview, love Nana and love Kira. Thanks for posting that!
Old November 2 2012, 11:03 PM   #9
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile

Thank you so much for that. Kira is my favourite Trek character and Nana Visitor is fab!
Old November 9 2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Son of Quark
Lieutenant

New candid Nana Visitor interview

Dude, that was an awesome interview. Thanks so much for sharing...
Old November 18 2012, 07:21 PM   #11
Damien87
Ensign

Great interview. Thanks for posting. Its fascinating how much she identifies with Kira. She really lived that character for seven years. But at the same time she's still very funny and down to earth. Probably a lot of fun to talk to in person.
"Something I seldom say to a customer, Jim. In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
-Dr. McCoy
Damien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2012, 07:53 PM   #12
rhubarbodendron
Commodore

great interview
I had the pleasure to meet her 2 years ago at a convention and chat a bit with her afterwards. She is incredibly friendly and lively and jumps from one topic to the next like a grasshopper

One of the questions asked was how she got into the character for each scene and she admitted that she always finds it extremely difficult to switch from herself to the character, hence she prefers to stay in character all day. That means while she waits for the next take, she's "Major Kira, waiting".
That's quite interesting since most actors prefer to slip out of character while they have a break.

The complete panel can be streamed or downloaded here (flash plyer required) : ftp://downloads.scifinews.de/pub/135...al01_0480p.wmv

Filesize: a bit more than 1/2 GB. Might take long to load
Old November 21 2012, 12:35 AM   #13
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

It's interesting that people are saying DS9 is the black sheep of the series. Every new Star Trek fan I talk to, who did not watch the show when it first airs, connects with DS9 by far the most.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 08:37 AM   #14
Damien87
Ensign

Its amazing how committed she was to that character. She used to have Kira dreams when she was doing the show. She was actually shocked when they wanted her to have an affair with Dukat, because she felt like they were asking her to date Hitler. On the DVD interview she was almost crying when she talked about how she could never forgive him for what he did to Bajor. You almost forget that Dukat is a guy in a rubber mask and Bajor is a soundstage.
"Something I seldom say to a customer, Jim. In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that and perhaps more, only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
-Dr. McCoy
Old November 21 2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Damien87
Ensign

That is interesting. I showed Past Prologue to a friend who thinks Star Trek is ridiculous, and he was riveted by the show. The quality just jumps out at you, when you give it a chance.