RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 426
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old November 13 2012, 12:58 AM   #1
theresearchtrek
Ensign

Research Project

Hi, I'm a student and I'm writing a research project on forums and I think this is an awesome one! I need to interview/ask questions to people who use forums and message boards. I would really appreciate it if anyone would be willing to answer some of my questions!! Thank you SO much.

Live long and prosper

a) How long (e.g. how many years) has the person used the site? How often does s/he access it (e.g. multiple times a day? weekly? etc.)?
b) Who does s/he interact with on that site? (Who are the individuals, groups, organizations found within that site?)
c) How does s/he use the site?
d) What are his/her main reasons for using the site?
e) Are the interactions within this site meaningful to him/her? How so?
f) Do these interactions differ from face-to-face or other forms of mediated communication? If so, in what ways? How significant are these differences?
Old November 13 2012, 01:01 AM   #2
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Research Project

g) Why do researchers not read the FAQ first before they cut their research short with spamming smackdowns?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 13 2012, 04:36 AM   #3
Akiraprise

Re: Research Project

I'd post your query in the Misc forum, it has a lot of traffic and you might get some response. Regardless, posting the same thing in multiple forums is spamming, which is against our rules. So please don't do it anymore. Peace.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Closed Thread