Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 7 2012, 11:28 AM   #46
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Anyone else watching Homeland S2 ?

Personally I thought the last episode was a total mess. It kinda went full retard like 24. It's losing the grittiness and replacing it with over the top nonsense.
Old December 18 2012, 12:18 AM   #47
jbohn
Commander

The finale was really long and overly quiet compared to the episodes leading up to it. But it was packed full of character moments and I only checked the clock once near the end of the episode.

I kind of wondered what would happen as Carrie and Brodie ditched the memorial and was shocked that the writers actually pulled it off this time. So now we are left wondering, do we believe Brodie or not?

The looks on Brodie's family's faces... yikes. And Saul's wife is coming home? Interesting. I have no idea where season 3 will take us.
Old December 18 2012, 12:45 AM   #48
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

I thought the finale was really good. At first it didn't seem like much was happening, and it looked like the writers chickened out again when Quinn didn't go through with his mission. But then... wow . They even killed one of the shows main characters.

I believe Brody for the time being, because in the past he has seemed to be against the idea of killing civilians.

There is a bizarre theory over at the IMDB.com forums:
Brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2012, 12:55 AM   #49
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Brandonv wrote: View Post
I thought the finale was really good. At first it didn't seem like much was happening, and it looked like the writers chickened out again when Quinn didn't go through with his mission. But then... wow . They even killed one of the shows main characters.

I believe Brody for the time being, because in the past he has seemed to be against the idea of killing civilians.

There is a bizarre theory over at the IMDB.com forums:

Brody definitely had nothing to do with the explosion, he seemed content with the direction his life was taking - he was free of Abu Nazir, Walden was dead, he left his wife and was ready to start a relationship with Carrie ...
Old December 18 2012, 07:16 AM   #50
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

If the actual VP dies, his funeral memorial takes place in Langley? Really?

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2012, 09:12 AM   #51
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The writers explained it wasn't the VP official memorial, but a CIA one. That makes some sense because you don't want all the CIA faces out in public.

Saul is not the mole, that is just too stupid, more so because how does he move a car when he's on a boat?

Quinn makes the most sense to the mole. I was happy with the episode, it leaves many things open to do next year,while really getting rid of some dead weight characters. I was shocked they actually did it this year.
Old December 19 2012, 03:02 PM   #52
Yoda
Rear Admiral

The end was pretty decent, but the episode as a whole... didn't love it. Mandy Patankin is fantastic, but the Brody and Carrie scenes were not great. I think not killing Brody off two seasons in a row is a mistake. I kind of want a show about counter-terrorism, not a show about Brody.
Old December 19 2012, 07:27 PM   #53
neozeks
Captain

Wow, the show had been going seriously downhill for some time and I had no idea how they planned on continuing it for another season, but I think they managed to pull a minor miracle with this finale. I mean, it doesn't excuse the previous mistakes and it's still pretty outlandish (is CIA's security really that incompetent?) but given the hole they dug themsleves into it's a really good and interesting solution and provides a much needed fresh start for the next season. And the character moments worked quite well too and made me invested in the characters like I hadn't been in a long time.
Old December 19 2012, 07:35 PM   #54
Kegg
Rear Admiral

The problem with the mole theory is we can count on one hand the amount of CIA characters who actually matter to the audience

The series had a fantastic start, but somewhere near the middle the twists became a little... much, but even as that felt opaque the character work remained largely good. I'll be around next year.
Old December 19 2012, 08:58 PM   #55
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

It's written by some "24" people, I'm just happy it's not completely insane yet.

And maybe we haven't even met the mole yet, who knows. Have a new bad guy from within and a new terrorist for the new season.
Old December 20 2012, 02:12 AM   #56
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
The end was pretty decent, but the episode as a whole... didn't love it. Mandy Patankin is fantastic, but the Brody and Carrie scenes were not great. I think not killing Brody off two seasons in a row is a mistake. I kind of want a show about counter-terrorism, not a show about Brody.
I think the show was about Brody but has kind of gone past its natural lifecycle and now they're stuck trying to figure out how to extend the show past its natural termination point.

I'm curious if they can keep it going without going too far out to sea.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 11:48 AM   #57
lurok
Commodore

Having miraculously managed to avoid all spoilers, I was so hoping they were going to end it there. Talk about flogging a dead horse. But...if they're going to do a S3 I hope they go batshit-crazy like Luther. The only stuff/characters care about are Brody, Carrie and Saul. Everyone else is dull. Though wouldn't mind seeing more of F. Murray.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2012, 01:15 PM   #58
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Personally I thought the last episode was a total mess. It kinda went full retard like 24. It's losing the grittiness and replacing it with over the top nonsense.
Plus 1 - at least the daughter's douche-bag wannabe boyfriend won't be returning ... or will he? Duh-duh-durr...